Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    How often do you really go out there and why? Being annoyed by seeing them there isn't a very good reason to want them removed.
    I'll bet you said that when the rusty cap bots were in Rabao
    (0)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yup I smell another Blinkergate here!!! Time for a nerf!!!
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Prothscar View Post
    How often do you really go out there and why? Being annoyed by seeing them there isn't a very good reason to want them removed.
    Old fashioned revenge.

SE, you killed blinkers under the argument of it being detrimental to the economy and so since my source of income was torched it's only fair that misery be spread around to the people fishing up Haks.

Burn, baby burn.
    (5)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Sylow
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    SE would lose sooooo many mule subscription fees over Hakuryu, way worse than cruor.
    (0)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    The ironic thing is SE's biggest problem in this game (RMT/Fishbots etc.) must be paying SE a fair bit of money in subscriptions and mules etc and as we all know with SE and any other major company - money > everything. Considering how many RMT we hear about or see everyday and how many blatantly RMT mules we see going around topped off with bots and mules for holding their fished items etc, I would say around 1/6th-1/4 of SE's subscription fees come from these guys. SE aren't gonna just cut all that profit, only scare them away from it which doesn't really work. I agree it's a shame though.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    i know a few people who pay for 2+ mules just for hak fishing. crazy rly
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    SE would lose sooooo many mule subscription fees over Hakuryu, way worse than cruor.
    Do you have numbers? I really don't think they lost as much as people believe, and I think they'd lose significantly less with this. With cruor, everyone was doing it, botting on the other hand is not very common, despite how it may seem to certain parts of the community that are more accustomed to it. 30 bots in Beauc per server? SE wouldn't even notice the dent in their subscription income, even if they would all go, which I think is also unlikely.
    (4)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Asymptotic View Post
    That's what we said about Salvage bans and then they nuked those accounts. Best part? Odds are if the persons that hardcore they'll just come back so really nothing of value has been lost on SEs end.
    (0)

Sparthosx - Lakshmi - 90 BLU BRD SAM COR RNG DNC PUP BST WAR WHM
    Sig by Kingfury

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    There are bots everywhere not just beaucedine and a fair amount of them tbh. Not as much as genuine players but still a significant amount in terms of profit. Also nobody will produce numbers unless they work for SE because they don't give out anything on player-base loses/gains and probably never will. In fact I doubt any company would really do that, it's kinda like advertising your game as a bad game.
    (1)

Character
    Dirtyfinger
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Instead of bitching make money off them. Those guys are making 1mil on average per day. (2mil is rare, Haku fishing is not just turn on bot and AFK) They are generally the players buying up plates and currency at high prices. Find one of them and sell to them directly. The gil generated is being put right back into the economy and used to buy the items the rest of us are selling.
    (0)
    Masamune
    Arma up next!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast