Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Do something about the fish bots in Beaucedine Glaicer.

Ok so I don't know if this is on every server but on my server there is about 30 or so fish bots all with ebisu rod in Beaucedine Glacier near J8 and J9 coast.

They are there almost all day, its somewhat annoying seeing all these bots there 24/7.
    (24)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    report to special task force
    (4)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    How often do you really go out there and why? Being annoyed by seeing them there isn't a very good reason to want them removed.
    (6)

Player
    Its not so much being annoyed probably, its more or less being there when you know they are a clear violation with no good reason, just people making money while not playing the game, which is fairly BS to those who do not do it. Now don't get on me about 3rd party things, some of them I think are ok, Windower for instance, but the line between things that are ok and things that are flat out cheating is not that hard to tell. Windower for the most part displays information to you that is already available, just in an easier way, where as things like Clipper or Bots are clearly not the same. So its not so much I'm saying "Ban the third party program users!" more or less, be more strict on people using things like bots and clipper which are more damaging. In this case, bots are the target of the complaint, and rightly so in my opinion, because they allow you to get money or skill ups without actually doing anything.
    (13)

Character
    Fynlar
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    How often do you really go out there and why? Being annoyed by seeing them there isn't a very good reason to want them removed.
    Wanting blatant cheaters removed from the game kinda speaks for itself and doesn't exactly need a "reason"
    (21)

Player
    The reason is fairly obvious anyway- fish bots inflate the economy and make it even harder for the people who are making their gil by actually playing the game.

I don't really care if they ban the bots themselves or not, but I think they should nuke the price on things like Hakuryu. They should make the fishing craft more integral with the player-created economy on the auction house like pretty much every other craft instead of being a perpetual gil-generating machine. I personally don't really wish ill will on people that bot for gil because I can relate somewhat to the laziness about getting things in a game, but even the people who are actively fish botting cannot deny that fish botting for gil adds massive amounts of gil to the economy.
    (8)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynlar View Post
    Wanting blatant cheaters removed from the game kinda speaks for itself and doesn't exactly need a "reason"
    You'd think that, but I've caught absolute hell for calling out cheaters in the past.
    (3)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    They are everywhere and the Gms can't catch them because part of one of the fishbots has an alarm/autoreply if a GM sends them a tell that stops them fishing and gives someone multiboxing enough time to reply to a GM inquiry.
    As long as the person isnt outright sleeping while fishing and just tabbed over and browsing the net/working - they'll never get caught even if you report them.

If you are really butthurt over it just quit. SE can't catch them.

Even if they nerfed haks, people are still makin bank off Ryugu Titans when they get a mercurial sword off them, and theres some other fish that npc for decent gil too.
    (1)

The bots are set to auto dc if they see a GM tell or alert the user so if 1 guy is 6 boxing 6 bots he can reply to the GM. Anyway making 2m a day by npcing a overpriced fish ruins the economy for everyone. Each bot puts another 2m in the game every single day.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zumi; 04-01-2013 at 02:17 AM.

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Rather than bothering to catch the botters, they'll nerf the resale price of the fish or something. They don't fix issues like this without making things worse for everyone.
    (6)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast