Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99

Resolution (Merit WS), Is it worth it?

I'm planning to cap all 5 of RUN's skills (GSword, Sword, Gaxe, Axe, and Club), and I was just wondering is Resolution actually even worth getting?

From what I've been reading it isn't that great, I don't want to waste the merits capping it if it is going to end up not being worth it in the long run.
    (0)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I'm 99% certain Resolution is among the most favored WS in the game right now. Unless RUN is your baby and the only job you will ever play from now on, you're likely safe with just meriting GS and saving the rest for the other jobs you play.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Delvish View Post
    I'm 99% certain Resolution is among the most favored WS in the game right now. Unless RUN is your baby and the only job you will ever play from now on, you're likely safe with just meriting GS and saving the rest for the other jobs you play.
    I meant capping skills as in the combat skill, not all of the merit WS (they really have too many things that use overlapping terms...)

Resolution was the only one I planned on doing. Meanwhile, yeah, RUN is going to be my front man from now on -- PUP was my main and I only suffered through playing other jobs (BLM and WHM, namely,) to facilitate collecting gear for that. With RUN I have at the very least a melee I can use for those same farming purposes. Capping all of the skills gives me a bit of utility for procing as well.
    (0)

Player
    Resolution is one of the must have WSs to merit, and one of the best. The skills though it seems foolish to do that way. If you want to cap skills, play to the jobs strengths, in this case, Great Sword, Sword, EVA, and Parry, are the best choices.
    (1)

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    Resolution is one of the must have WSs to merit, and one of the best. The skills though it seems foolish to do that way. If you want to cap skills, play to the jobs strengths, in this case, Great Sword, Sword, EVA, and Parry, are the best choices.
    ...?

I'm capping them because I like having things done 100%...?

I don't see what capping the other skills (side note, an A in Sword is nothing to scoff at) have to do with anything. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I realized people would take it as more than just an expression of something I want to do as a completionist...

Meanwhile thanks, I got my question answered so that's that.
    (0)

Character
    Kojo
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Yes. Well, for DRK/PLD/WAR it is, I'd assume it's good for RUN, too.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Can you imagine waking up each morning knowing that you would have to wrestle a man-sized radish to death in order to eat?
    Sorry, had to.

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kojo View Post
    Yes. Well, for DRK/PLD/WAR it is, I'd assume it's good for RUN, too.
    Aah, just weird because I was poking around on BG and people were saying it was only good for DRK because of their ATK bonus (apparently it has -ATT effect on it?)

Thanks though. I'll start working on it soon, then.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    ...?

I'm capping them because I like having things done 100%...?

I don't see what capping the other skills (side note, an A in Sword is nothing to scoff at) have to do with anything. I wouldn't have mentioned it if I realized people would take it as more than just an expression of something I want to do as a completionist...

Meanwhile thanks, I got my question answered so that's that.
    I did not mean you could not do it as you want, but the job itself has the highest skill in Parry and GS, as such they make sense to cap out on merits as well, especially with the parry trait the job has, and the Tactical Parry trait on top of that. Doing it that way, you would be left with some extra merits which you would probably put into a defensive skill rather than offensive since it would not cap the offensive skill and it would also benefit a tank more, in this case, Guard would do nothing since RUN is not a H2H job, and Shield is not usable with a GS, the RUN's primary weapon, where as EVA seems to be a great stat this job plays with, so EVA seems to be the best choice. The Skills like GS and Sword I agree with for sure, I was just saying that to me it seems kinda pointless to cap out merits in 5 weapons, especially when you are very unlikely to use half of them, and its actually impossible to cap them all anyways as you can only cap 4 weapon skill merit categories.

I apologize if what I said came across the wrong way.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Horadrim View Post
    Aah, just weird because I was poking around on BG and people were saying it was only good for DRK because of their ATK bonus (apparently it has -ATT effect on it?)
    That is true, but the WS itself is a 100% STR mod, even with lower attack, its hard to find a WS that will do as much damage as Resolution. Sword would be your next best option, but its best WS is even worse with the attack penalty, and has a mod which is a ton harder to build for especially with RUN's gear options, where as STR gear often has Attack on it too, which helps balance out that Attack Penalty problem. Its kinda like DRG, where DRG can not compete with a WAR or DRK using an OAT, but OAT is still one of its best weapons. You will not be pushing out the same numbers as a DRK, not by far, but the damage you do with a GS and Resolution should be the best damage you can get out of RUN right now.
    (0)

Character
    Infidi
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    What does Great Axe skill cap at for RUN and are there any GA they can use yet outside of Adoulin?
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast