Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I haven't had the time to do much exploring but I have to say this: I LOVE the look of the city. That alone was worth the money for me, I think it's absolutely awesome.

Aside from that, like I said I haven't had the chance to explore much, but I'm in no rush. Decided to take my time and explore with my friends when we're all on, just enjoy it all at a slow pace for a change.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Helyos, I absolutely 100% agree with everything you said, I only wish more people would see sense. Nobody has to buy the expansion the first day it comes out, you could wait and see what happens so stop complaining that a game that shoulda been dead years ago isn't meeting your extremely high demands. On another note I've completed a large amount of quests and missions already in the new expansion with absolutely no wiki help, and have had no issues - that's definite improvement on SE's behalf if you ask me. I really am enjoying this new expansion, the only issue I have is the slight lack of content but I feel that might just be because you need to work your way out when it comes to colonisation.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    - Twelve new areas. CoP, AU, and WoTG all had more than that at release. I fear for the future of FFXI if that's all we get in that huge expanse of nothing on /colmap.
    Gimme a break. You don't know that's all there will ever be. as the storyline is advanced there will probably be more areas. Besides, quality over quantity.
    (4)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Gimme a break. You don't know that's all there will ever be. as the storyline is advanced there will probably be more areas. Besides, quality over quantity.
    Yes I agree that quality is important, so far it is lacking though. Let's not sugar coat the expansion. Yes it is new shiny thing, but it is not that great compared to the existing ones, some old ones, and just plain not explained very well. Considering this is a brand new expansion, for a completely new areas, the finished products (or whatever stage it is now) is not very good when you compared to CoP, Zilart and ToAU. The ideas are half baked, the jobs are fancy but not necessary, instead they should focus on what they have and make them TOP quality. Stop giving us new things that are not well thought of. ToAU was a radical ideas, it brought tons of new game mechanics (and some forgettable ones like colloseum and pankration). Abyssea literally drop the big A-bomb and changed the game. Voidwatch expanded the idea that you can pop kill NM at your own time. Meeble is assault on steroid. Granted the last two are not exactly perfect and has their own issues. SoA so far are mild in comparison, the fun is lacking sorely. Sure xp is meaningless now, but we need some sort of a solid fun activities that can be done all the time non stop with no invisible walls everywhere.
    (1)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 03-31-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Yes I agree that quality is important, so far it is lacking though. Let's not sugar coat the expansion.
    I'm not sugar coating it. There are things I definitely want to see improved. but that doesn't mean it's a pile of crap, either.
    (4)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Yes I agree that quality is important, so far it is lacking though. Let's not sugar coat the expansion. Yes it is new shiny thing, but it is not that great compared to the existing ones, some old ones, and just plain not explained very well. Considering this is a brand new expansion, for a completely new areas, the finished products (or whatever stage it is now) is not very good when you compared to CoP, Zilart and ToAU. The ideas are half baked, the jobs are fancy but not necessary, instead they should focus on what they have and make them TOP quality. Stop giving us new things that are not well thought of. ToAU was a radical ideas, it brought tons of new game mechanics (and some forgettable ones like colloseum and pankration). Abyssea literally drop the big A-bomb and changed the game. Voidwatch expanded the idea that you can pop kill NM at your own time. Meeble is assault on steroid. Granted the last two are not exactly perfect and has their own issues. SoA so far are mild in comparison, the fun is lacking sorely. Sure xp is meaningless now, but we need some sort of a solid fun activities that can be done all the time non stop with no invisible walls everywhere.
    Let me guess... you're a level 50 DRK that wants to get straight into the new expansion but can't because level and gear won't allow you to, so you just keep calling it a s*** expansion? This expansion was designed to be the top end content, beaten only by NNI and legion etc. And who knows how far they're gonna take that in the future. They added non fighting aspects to the expansion to allow players who can't gear so well to get a few pieces as a start, bit like perle etc. for Abyssea. This expansion has it's issues but so did every single other expansion SE ever released for this, and in fact every expansion ever released for any MMO, but that definitely does not make it s***, and the more people are playing it, the more people are realising that so I think you should stop complaining about it and start playing cause soon you wont have a leg to stand on. If gear is an issue, gear your jobs properly and at least that way you don't have to go near the new area till it's better? Seriously, some people....
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon6324236 View Post
    One of my few complaints, is that the new signet for this area is piss yellow, which distracts me a ton with how easily that color catches the eye.
    It looks like candy. :3
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    It looks like candy. :3
    Your eyes and my eyes see something totally different then! x_x
    (0)

Character
    Yinnyth
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karah View Post
    It's not snide if it's true.

and being negative is just a fact of life, better man up and get used to it.
    Being positive is a fact of life. I hope all this positive feedback does not offend you, but if it does, be comforted in the fact that you can always man up and get used to it.
    (3)

Character
    Einhejar
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The music is pretty nice, except Western Adoulin after hearing it about 5 times in a row.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast