Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Ainur
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm seeing a pretty big imbalance between going on DD and on mage/support/etc., which leads me to a question: How in the world does momentum work? I suppose it accounts for getting 500-700 exp/bayld on a melee job, but I seem to be stuck in the 0-150 range on any mage job no matter what I do, or how fast. I'm intrigued by reives; I think it's a good concept, fast-paced, lots to do, but it seems that there's a glaring difficulty when one aspect is both necessary and well-rewarded, while the other aspects are necessary and very poorly rewarded (if rewarded at all, which is typically my case on mage jobs). I can see Geomancer being very useful for reives, though.

As a result, as much as the system looks neat and has promise, I'll probably hold off on doing too many reives until something changes, or until more information is revealed about how momentum works. Even if the Thurandaut set looks nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by AinurBismarck; 04-01-2013 at 03:18 AM. Reason: clarification of first sentence

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    Really hope they get to do the fixes ASAP within the next week or two - right now it is completely whacked. We also need auto reraise effect and a bunch of temp items distribute ASAP, more as you ranked up.
    Looks like Peacekeeper's coalition 3rd voting option gives temps. ( or lets you purchase them anyway) Too bad you people all choose the first option out of laziness.
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Yeah, SE really screwed up when implementing reives. Expecting a large amount of people to participate in these constantly, at this part of the game's life, is delusional.
    (3)

Character
    Kirameki
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Tested 4 Reives in Yashe as BLM. After using manafont and other abilities and casting 2 full loads of spells, I only received 192 Balyd.
    (1)

Character
    Zohno
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My LS members are still not getting bayld or exp for support actions. Is it sure that this was fixed as said in the update?
    (1)

My LS Mates are getting a good chunk of Exp/Bayid, While its not on part with the heavy DD in the group, They're still getting it.

Personally though, I think they just design it with the idea the Support are going to melee as well, But thats super unlikely, Especially in the Cave ones i did with Slimes (Got hit with 700~800 Dmg per AoE from the slimes)... A Mage would just get raped.

I mean, From a design perspective the event is fun and fastpaced (for a decade old game), its just fresh out of the box, It needs some adjustments, Do something constructive and Make a list of Exact things you'd like changed, Why you want them changed, How it helps/Balances, and so forth. Make a new thread about it like countless people did for Campaign adjustments.

Make your voices heard, but do it coherently, without the bold letters, capslockcruisecontrol, and angry ranting, and starcade level angsty negativity.
    (3)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Make a list of Exact things you'd like changed, Why you want them changed, How it helps/Balances, and so forth. Make a new thread about it like countless people did for Campaign adjustments.

Make your voices heard, but do it coherently, without the bold letters, capslockcruisecontrol, and angry ranting, and starcade level angsty negativity.
    No you. I'm too drunk to do it right now.
    (1)

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    so far i think that liar reives is a horrible concept nothing like getting one shotted on my mandu thf with about 600 evasion but i cant seem to dodge a bee. so much for the fun idea you guys suck
    (3)

Character
    Bigdave
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    what mage is gonna cast cures when they dont get any exp
    (6)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I get fine exp and bayld on my geo 99. I built a geo melee set and went on geo/dnc. I support my friends with my auras, the regen aura is really nice to keep up as well as the acc or refresh aura, then I hexa Strike/Realmrazer away. Its fun/easy and the points just rain in. Sure I probably don't get capped exp every evaluation but I get 500 bayld often during these evaluations. Also be warned, geo has almost 0 defense options as geo/dnc. Geo/dnc is best in a group to provide buffs / haste samba. That is all, have fun o/!
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast