Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Also, mage pdt- and mdt- sets are your friend!
    (0)

Character
    Starskyy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    However, separate from this rule, evaluation will take place to estimate how much you accomplished the original goal.

Colonization reives’ main purpose is to clear the way of things that are obstructing colonization, so the goal would entail how much HP you cut off the obstacle. For lair reives, the goal entails how much HP you cut off the monster’s lair. Depending on how much HP you are able to damage these for, you will be able to receive a proportionate amount of experience points and bayld; however, if you are unable to damage their HP this will not be factored into your evaluation.
    Yeah the imbalance is crazy my support mages received half of the rewards of my heavy dd. Plus what sucks its that holding the mobs off the people killing the nest or knotted root helps as much as directly damaging the root. Since tanking multiple mobs allows people to kill the nest/root easily the people killing the mobs shouldn't be penalized its stupid if that is how it is working thank goodness for the pld super tanking when we didnt have enough peeps and was wiping like crazy....
    (0)

Character
    Goshiwoo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    There are two coins to this issue.

The way it's set up now will benefit different groups and playstyles very very different. I see it as it's insanely hard to balance this. They wouldn't put up an equal reward system, people could just stand at the edge doing a dia at the root and wait for everyone else to to their job.

I think they will keep balancing this and look at it. But for now, find a way that works for you. Not much else to do.

One complaint I have is that if you partake a long time and die, and get up you somehow reset the end bonus and reive momentums. I can understand that, but it's a bit unfair. Especially when you aren't relieved of Reive status when you are dead so you can be raise from outside. BUT you lose it and get it back when you get up. That's a bit of a dick move, better have some momentums/bonus left as you get up.
    (2)

There's a fairly simple fix to this: Make enfeebling magic give more exp/bayld, but only if it's not resisted, or has no effect. This prevents mages sleeping a mob and spamming spells on it, as eventually it will have all the buffs on it that it can have. Secondly, make curing spells offer more exp. Maybe not massively more, but at least some. If a lvl 50 whm comes out to spam cures on a super-tanking PLD so that they take no hate, let them get their 150 exp/bayld, they've still earned it.
    (1)

I did a few short blm tests and here are 2. I basically went in from start to the first point tally. This is all just to show dmg to exp ratio. Focused on as much dmg as possible as quick as possible.

Blizzard V 2477; Fire V 2317; Thunder V 3082; Thundaja 2508, 2788
    Total Dmg: 13172
    689 mp remaining
    Other Spells/JA used: Stoneskin, Manawell, Enmity douse, parsimony x2
    369 exp 369 bayld
    Beetles

Blizzard V 2560; Thunder V 2974; Blizajja 2174, 2174, 2174; Thundaja 3363
    Total Dmg: 15419
    153 mp remaining
    Protection Spells/JA used: stoneskin, mana wall, parsimony x2, enmity douse
    200exp 200 bayld
    Bunnies

This one is from the first tally to the second tally
    Fire III 723; Fire IV 1462; Blizzard III 1217; Blizzard IV 1869
    Total Dmg: 5271
    0exp 0 bayld
    Spiders

Problems: Extremely low amount of points given. When a mage bottoms out on mp, having alot of mobs with aoe and some reive that just spawn numerous mobs, it's not very likely you'll get to rest back much mp. Some battles may be over by the time you do. You'd be depending on luck to hope for mp restoration buff. Fighting areas are too small to support mage play. You're going to be more towards the back as a mage. A good aoe attack can knock you out of the battle easily. The closer you are to the vines the higher your chances of dying in 2-3 attacks.
    (2)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Tiphareth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    If anyone has trouble with doing no damage on the tangled roots for evaluation at a colonization reive, then you need to do the quest to obtain "logging". You wont be able to do any damage at a reive on the roots until you do. Speak with the hume npc at the back of the tent at bivouac number one in Ceizak.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3