Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast
    Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    Because people complain when they don't add what they say they are going to add when they said when they were going to add it.
    Not like projecting timelines with padding to account for "surprises" is a skill worth having as developer.
    (0)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I cancelled my subscription today and I can safely say I do not regret it after reading the update notes and seeing the new gear.
    ya!. how dare SE keep making new gear/weapons. i want my 7year old R/E/M weapon to still be better!
    (2)

Character
    Tamoa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by nyheen View Post
    ya!. how dare SE keep making new gear/weapons. i want my 7year old R/E/M weapon to still be better!
    Did I say that? No, I did not. You can search any FFXI forum you like and you will never find a post by me where I say I want R/E/Ms to be better. I want them to stay RELEVANT. And I'm most certainly not the only one. Besides, the R/E/M issue isn't the only reason I cancelled my content IDs.
    (8)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler
    In the FFXI universe, the down of Phoenix is so fine that it quickly broke down into a sort of dust. Smaller than dust, actually. A barely visible particle.

This down was carried by the winds of Vana'diel. Some people breathed it in and contracted Phoenix Downs Syndrome. Some of those people post on this very board.

My Allegiance? I'm usually on whatever side Zordon is on
    Character
    Alpheus
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well probably me reading too much into it but the way they almost pointlessly said that revamped RME will have Item levels above 100 implies that when revamped RMEs will have the Skill + attributes added to them, since they mentioned only atk+ or acc+ on weapons in general (and from their POV) are detrimental to DW jobs since its more of a choice than with 2handed weapon classes. So maybe that's why there's a ton of Skill+ on all weapons (they are retroactively adding this trait to all post Adoulin weaponry) since Skill affects both attack and Acc and they can add it to weapons in a single term.

Admittedly though this doesn't explain why it's taking them so long other than stuff was already in production and planned when the first uproar came about and it won't be till after August where anything planned is done and they can then focus on Player wants. Granted that explanation doesn't do much to assuage players who are turned off by their new direction.
    (0)

Character
    Otomis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I guess the first question here is to ask Mr.Nyheen if he has ever even bothered putting the effort into making an REM or into any long term goal in the game before commenting on some thing he "may" be clueless on? Have you? just interested to know as a 10 year player myself. I think it is great SE has decided to offer content to the casual player base while leaving some niche high end content for players seeking a larger challenge. I am not against others having nice shiny things at all. I am just more in the same boat as Tamoa and would like to see long term achievements stay relevant.
    (5)

Character
    Lottto
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamoa View Post
    I cancelled my subscription today and I can safely say I do not regret it after reading the update notes and seeing the new gear.
    Same here, my CC is expiring and there's no way i'll put a new one when I see how ridiculous and over powered all that new gear is.

Funny thing: when I went to sleep last night, only 650 people were in game, I guess it shows how much people lost faith in the devs.
    (4)
    Last edited by Lotto; 07-12-2013 at 05:57 PM.

Character
    Johngottii
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    What a bellend you are! R/E/M 99 Versions are nowere near 7 years old, heck empyreans themselves are much younger than the other two you listed overall.

Se should never have allowed R/M to goto 99 if they didn't want to continue the trend on.
    (4)

Character
    Nyheen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    let see. i help over 7+ people with relic, before the dynamis update. you know the time when it was over 40+ members in your pt farming there. done 1 emp for me 50% solo/duo, help 4+ for g/f. duoing. and help 1 on Mythic. yes the whole thing and iam not doing that anymore>.>

since that stuff was in the past. them weapons are nothing more then a trophy, but now it time for some new stuff. they not going to want to keep updating the same R/E/M if they keep throwing other stronger and better weapons at us. got all my +2 emp AF and the new gear out class most of it. times is changing and it going fast. this is more of a very easy casual player game, nothing like like how it was in the past. i saw the changes started to slowly happen once abyssea came out. you know the traditional challenging pts diying because of it? but i wont get into that since i will be flamed.

but anyways now it looking like most AH weapons out class some delve ones. this is the path most casual players want. so i just stop caring and just go with the flow. RIP old school XI
    (0)

but anyways now it looking like most AH weapons out class some delve ones. this is the path most casual players want. so i just stop caring and just go with the flow. RIP XI
    Fixed that for you, and I understand your go-with-the-flow mindset... quite mellow.

But, Most(MOST!!) Casuals are a fleeting skid-mark on MMOs, and rather they enjoy it or not they'll move on to the next shiny-game in a matter of months... And this game ain't attracting new players lol, especially with FFXIV so close to done, so any FF fanboys who may have jumped on XI will probably hit the new MMO first.

Still, FFXI is no more, The game is essentially boiling down to WoWClone Online like every other MMO created after WoW, Which honestly I don't hate WoW, its a solid, very popular game with well made content that really attracts people to it, but its gameplay, what works for WoW was not what worked for FFXI. they had separate plans and events and so forth, this new director is trying to blend them but its failing because WoW was designed with this gear ladder in mind, FFXI Was not. I didn't pick up FFXI to play a WoW clone, Hell i enjoyed FFXI because it was so different, yet still managed to be fun despite it flaws.

I know its hard to accept but if you /sea all and you're honest with yourself, You'll notice the dwindling population. My a** was so addicted to FFXI I've been playing since NA Beta, and I've finally hit the point where I've said f**k it and quit, Tamoa is on the same boat as me, playing forrreevveerrr... Seriously I'm the type who used to always say "I'm going to play to the servers close!", I used to have dreams about playing XI IRL, I sometimes woke up in the morning trying to Change jobs or equip clothes for work, yah, half-awake gooo...

And they drove me away, Others like me will follow and I'm not delusional enough to think this will immediately kill XI, while I'm sure FFXI will live on for at least another year or more, if people wanted WoW they'd play WoW, this "New design" smell will wear off and even those people who enjoy it will get sick of it in a year or two when they realize nothing they work for matters anymore and most of the players who could carry them through events have tossed in the towel.

And if the game doesn't almost completely phase into obscurity and they have to merge servers again, I'll be shocked, especially with FFXIV Being released soon... But if they do stay alive I won't throw a fit, in fact I'll be proud of how the game survived... Even if I'm not on the boat anymore, doesn't mean i want it to sink.
    (5)
    Last edited by Karbuncle; 07-13-2013 at 01:01 AM.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemon View Post
    I'm heading in the same direction as you. This game has become pointless. Goals such has REM has become valueless. Delve weapons are the best in damage, but it's damage is one thing, it's damage strong enough to make special stats on every single weapon before it worth ignoring is another.

Did over 13K damage on Megamaw Mikey. As a Scholar >.> while its fun, it's pointless. SCH is not DD, not like I gain any benefit from doing this anywhere else. In a way it's like having false power. Mikey is only 1 NM that this can be done on and nothing else really.

Each time I login I wonder what else should I do? Then I think about salvage, NNI... My inventory is shot with too many gear sets for delve. I don't have room for anything else. No matter how many times I drop merit and put it on something else? It's just out of boredom really. So yeah, I'm heading in the same direction. Pack up a hiking bag and heading out the door soon.
    Dele weapons were not meant to take on add Abyssea content it was meant to take on aldoulin content.
    (0)

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 78 86 87 88 89 90 ... LastLast