At 110 craft skill you effectively have 120 craft skill
    (1)

Character
    Vivik
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I just did what everyone else should do that's not happy with the changes being made. I voted with my wallet and cancelled my recurring payment on my account. Not what I want to do because I love this game but I feel like I am at a point where I have to.
    (2)
    Vivik- Asura
    Do you know who you really are? Are you sure it’s really you?

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Does this mean... Ochain and Aegis have just become the two greatest Relic/Empyreans out of all the weapons in every category...?

I'm looking at the shields released in the update and...nothing I'd really give them up for...

EDIT: I know they're technically armor, but they still fall into R/E categories. If you're going to build a worthwhile Relic or Empyrean... is it now these two? >_>
    (1)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    You forgot about horn and harp.
    (4)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    You forgot about horn and harp.
    That I did.

To adjust my question, are the two instruments and two shields now the best options for R/E seekers?
    (2)

Character
    Ica
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Unless they announce what they plan on doing with existing weapons (and implement it soon), I wouldn't risk doing anything other than the shields or instruments. That's just me though.
    (3)

Character
    Alerith
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ica View Post
    Unless they announce what they plan on doing with existing weapons (and implement it soon), I wouldn't risk doing anything other than the shields or instruments. That's just me though.
    I have to agree.

Looking at the items released in the update, the shields and instruments are the only ones that hold any sort of weight. Mandau and Ragnarok took a plunge and they were already the top tier you could get in that DPS department.

As it stands, the functions of the instruments and shields (High -MDT%, ~100% block rate, +Songs, etc.) are still the best you can ask for in regards to that slot/job. Weapons on the other hand... What's going to do more?

Chant du Cygne with Almace 99?
    or
    Vorpal Blade with DMG:130, STR+13, Accuracy+25, Attack+25, and "Double Attack"+3%?

And single-handed sword has been lucky with crit hit WS's. What about Greatsword? Ragnarok 99 with Resolution used to make me sploosh myself. Now there's one with DMG:247, STR+8, Accuracy+41, and Attack+31?

(And let's be honest...you don't make a Ragnarok for the Critical Hit V...)

What the actual hell?
    (3)

Seems to have been a shift in game philosophy. They use to keep armor and weapons relevant for long periods of time. Now its just everything now before delve is pretty irrelevant.

They just released skirmish not more then a month ago. Now with these delve weapons who's going to even bother with skermish. Not many people are going to go back and do the old stuff when the new stuff has 100 more base damage then it.
    (0)

Character
    Dabackpack
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    We still know next-to-nothing about how difficult these new weapons will be to obtain, the requisite quests, and any further circumstances involving the use of these weapons. It's a stretch to say that all R/M/E besides shield/instrument are useless, especially since SE explicitly told us that they would be receiving enhancements in the (hopefully near) future.

Who knows, maybe the new weapons will take as long as Relics? And maybe Relics will be given comparable damage ratings? Nobody knows.

EDIT: That said... every other weapon in the game is screwed, not to mention the majority of the in-game economy is forever changed...
    (1)
    Last edited by DaBackpack; 04-30-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    They want you to get Skirmish weapons to start doing Delve. In their eyes skirmish gear isnt obsolete, it's just a stepping stone.

The high prices for simulacra parts are just players being players.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Page 55 of 96 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast