Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    My marrows aren't selling now lol
    (1)

I think the R/M/E Market is going to slow to a crawl right now because people don't know where SE's going with this.

Are they going to buff R/M/E? Are these weapons super hard to get with "Fiat Lux" like requirements? Are these weapons riddled with hidden Side-effects? So on, So forth... A lot of uncertainty.

But regardless of this, Heavy Metal Plates, Riftshit, and Currency is definitely going to take a substantial hit in sales until more information is known. That i have absolutely no doubt of.
    (10)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    It may potentially hit very hard those neo events, voidwatch, legion, and meeble since people may feel there is no reason to even do these anymore, or invest time. I can see those prices for pulse cells gears and weapon dropping within a few months or even weeks once people discover how to get newer gears. Game changer indeed lol -probably not in a good way if they are taking the WoW direction - where each expansion render previous gears useless.
    (1)

Character
    Yuusaku
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    My marrows aren't selling now lol
    Come to my server and sell them to me for 1 mil each. I need a 99 relic. :P
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    It may potentially hit very hard those neo events, voidwatch, legion, and meeble since people may feel there is no reason to even do these anymore, or invest time. I can see those prices for pulse cells gears and weapon dropping within a few months or even weeks once people discover how to get newer gears. Game changer indeed lol -probably not in a good way if they are taking the WoW direction - where each expansion render previous gears useless.
    The WoW route is kinda annoying how all your gear gets obsoleted every expansion. I see why they do it though to get people to work toward getting new better gear to give them a reason to play. SE already did it once, our salvage and king gear was obsoleted pretty fast by some easy to get abyssea AF3 gear.

But the FFXI playerbase loves their r/e/m weapons and probably wouldn't be that happy about them getting outdated so fast. These cost us over 100m gil.
    (3)

Also i can say it works for WoW cause thats the status quot, its what they expect and know will happen... Plus they have way more players and they're addicted as hell to WoW and wouldn't stop playing/paying if WoW execs kicked them in the d*ck every time they logged in or out.
    (1)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Well this won't bode well, first those R/M/E will get burned, then Voidwatch, Neo-Anything, and Meeble will be abandoned in droves. And at the same time, geode prices could plummet since apart from a few weapons (for pet at least) - you probably will get a better STR sword, dagger, etc lol. Or you make one and have it off-hand, hopefully. God forbid they will make one staff that has avatar perp-10 on ALL avatar and casting time -10 on ALL of them and risk the wrath of all those who made their individual staves. And goes after those BLM staves as well.... Let's hope not.
    (1)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 04-03-2013 at 03:24 PM.

I don't care if my 99 Amanomurakumo/99 Aegis gets replaced, or if my future Kogarasumaru becomes something that isn't as amazing as the next superb thing they release, give me something new to work to rather going back to the old content that I see as boring because I've been doing it since its release.

When its all said and done, you still have your weapon, its a trophy, something you can show off your hard work that you put into obtain, you can still use it as well if you so wish to and that's how you should see it, they are all trophy weapons that you went out to achieve because you wanted them so badly. I don't see the claustrum community complaining about a set of Lv.51 staves that are far better than it.
    (6)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    -probably not in a good way if they are taking the WoW direction - where each expansion render previous gears useless.
    That's not a "direction", it's just a different game model which is also used by the majority of games.
    WoW is a structured game with tiered content and a clear one-way progression.
    Each patch releases a new tier of content and from that moment onwards people will focus on that content, which will be really hard, and nobody will care for the old one if not for achievements (I'm simplifying of course).

In FFXI you don't have such a concentrated model but a spread one. Each patch releases a new kind of event which gives you something new to do, that is completely different from the past but it doesn't made past stuff useless. It's usually smaller content and each one is different from the others.
    Another big difference is in the gear paradigm. In FFXI you can swap gear and you have a single character for multiple jobs. You are supposed to be able to have a lot of gear for very specific uses to swap according to the situation, the ability used, the target you're fighting and the job you're currently playing us.
    This model is what kept FFXI alive so far.
    In WoW you don't have gear swaps, you only have all-purpose gear, and aside from certain exceptions and personal choices based on your playstyle/talentbuild, each new item is more powerful than the old one and you don't really have many doubts, aside from the tier set bonuses and stats balancement.

Really, you can't compare the two and SE clearly has no intention to change toward such a model because they're well aware it just wouldn't work in FFXI.
    (3)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    WoW is a lot easier than FFXI so that play style and game model works very well, whereas FFXI is significantly harder. Not so much harder post-abyssea but it looks to be getting back to that sense of challenge with the introduction of new HNM's (has been a very long time since we've really had any tbh). In WoW you can do what is basically the equivalent of 15 old NI floors in a 30 min limit and get say, 1/10th of your way towards a new piece of gear of your choice - essentially getting a gold astrarium for clearing 30 floors in classic NI without any limit on how many times you do it in a day. This works for a lot of MMO's and personally I find it too easy but releasing a whole new gear set is the only way to keep players interested as they can't recycle old content when it's spammed as much as it is.

Instead of this, FFXI makes harder content that can only be repeated a set amount of times per day or week and slowly give the rewards, but at the same time they rarely outdate equipment and make it obsolete so the content lasts forever. However, since Abyssea they seem to have changed their model somewhat and outdated 98% of 75 equipment and weapons leaving a lot of people angry based on the difficulty and time needed to obtain the 75 gear. Most people forgave SE and continued playing mostly because Abyssea was a huge success for the game in that it successfully revolutionised the game to a state where people can do insane dmg (compared to 75) and attack a lot faster. Basically the game became a lot more fun in the fact that you didn't have to watch the character standing still for 6-10 seconds before they attacked anything and when they did attack, the numbers were nice to see.

This time however, they've made the assumption that they can do exactly the same and make items obsolete yet again, but without the game changing expansion. SoA is no Abyssea, and never will be. I like the expansion as an extra activity but in no way is it good enough to warrant destroying the hard work people have put in all over again. Even with the future ideas with SoA there is nothing there that will put players at ease about making R/E/M useless (weapons are considered useless if another is better, no matter what to most people). Relics etc are trophies but really it's a game where people put that effort in to get something back, and most people do it for the capabilities of the weapon. The fact that R/E/M being made obsolete hit the community so hard even when Abyssea was involved kinda shows that no matter what, if they do this, they are completely going against the majority of the community.

I personally don't think I'll be playing much longer if this is the kind of random changes that will be made in the game. It's bad enough that there are so many issue never fixed but always known about, and it takes so much time just waiting on SE to acknowledge the major flaws. Even if SE do buff R/E/M weapons, it will probably take years for them to get round to it in which time it'll be pointless anyway. Sorry for the rant but I seriously think this is the last straw for me personally and probably a few other people. Also on a side note, people who say relics are easy, they still take a significant amount of time - 2 months of dyna 2 hours everyday - and believe me, while that's "easy", it is the most boring, annoying and frustrating thing when you have to do it all that time. Most players don't get that much time to play so 2 hours taken up by that isn't really considered easy.
    (4)

Page 2 of 96 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast