Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Diabius
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

final fantasy xi expansion being excluded from playstion2 users

i have been thinking opn this decision for a long time since hearing about the excusion of playstation 2 players from obtaining the expansion even in a digital form downloadable through the game. i feel this is a disservice to all players who have loyally played this game, enjoyed this game and contiune to on playstation 2. this is a travisty and i am supremely angry beyond words that i cant enjoy this game beyond what i have done because i cant have access to the expansion. what point would it be to have servers that multicross platforms to play together, and yet segregate playstation 2 users from obtaining the expansion the other platforms can use? i feel this hurts myself, and other loyal playstation users that the system that supported square enix and final fantasy from the beginning is being thrown to the wayside like this. i dont include my disfaction for impletmented adjustments here though i have many dissatisfactions, my main issue is still that something needs to be done for plastation 2 players to be able to continue enjoying this game. why not implament the use of final fantasy xi onto the playstation 3. atleast then the game can progress after all, you created a xbox360 version that has improved graphics what difference would there be to do the same thing so playstation users can still play this game and progress and have fun.

james (diabius: ragnarok)
    (4)

Character
    Wagram
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 90
    Nothing against you or any other PS2 users, however as a former PS2 user, I really wish they would just cut the service entirely. It's doing nothing but holding the entire game back. Low grade PCs (my 12 year old PC) can run it better.
    (25)

Character
    Villy
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Seriously, move on to a better system, there is no longer a big price gap. You ps2 people have had 10 years to save up money to by a better system or pc.
    (15)
    Last edited by Villy; 03-28-2013 at 03:38 AM.
    Elvaans do it best!!

Character
    Zoloe
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Besides, the PS4 is on the way and the PS2 is going to be phased out (finally). Gamestop is even going to completely stop selling PS2 games very soon, like they did with original Xbox games a few years ago. Time to get the pc version, I bet you can buy XI and every expansion including the new one for liiiiike $40.... oh, look, I'm right~ Link
    (3)

Character
    Craftthree
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by diabius View Post
    i have been thinking opn this decision for a long time since hearing about the excusion of playstation 2 players from obtaining the expansion even in a digital form downloadable through the game. i feel this is a disservice to all players who have loyally played this game, enjoyed this game and contiune to on playstation 2. this is a travisty and i am supremely angry beyond words that i cant enjoy this game beyond what i have done because i cant have access to the expansion. what point would it be to have servers that multicross platforms to play together, and yet segregate playstation 2 users from obtaining the expansion the other platforms can use? i feel this hurts myself, and other loyal playstation users that the system that supported square enix and final fantasy from the beginning is being thrown to the wayside like this. i dont include my disfaction for impletmented adjustments here though i have many dissatisfactions, my main issue is still that something needs to be done for plastation 2 players to be able to continue enjoying this game. why not implament the use of final fantasy xi onto the playstation 3. atleast then the game can progress after all, you created a xbox360 version that has improved graphics what difference would there be to do the same thing so playstation users can still play this game and progress and have fun.

james (diabius: ragnarok)
    As a player who started online games on the PS2, played EQOA And FFXI launches on the PS2, I can feel ya there bud. Just last year they shut down EQOA leaving only FFXI as the MMO left on ps2. I did buy a PC and the requirments for them to run are very low, a $50 computer can run ffxi. Since I switched the Graphics on the PC are very very fine and nice if you get the settings just right in the FFXI config menu. You can also use a Logitech dual action controler, which is identical to the ps2 controler, and the config menu even has the presets of the PS2 in it for your Logitech controler. It works exactly like the ps2 but its on the PC. I know it was hard putting my ps2 into the electronic recycle bin, I had to give it a graveyard salute, even if anyone around me dint understand what I was doing talking to a ps2. GL, hope this helps in your transition to a PC, from one past ps2 player to another.
    (3)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Agreed and now is the time to do it. Since you would be spending $30 on the expansion anyway, throw in an extra $10 and get a new version on a new system. Even the cheapest and crappiest PCs with the cheapest and crappiest built in video cards can run this game easily.

You can't hold an entire mmo back because a small handful of players refuse to upgrade their system
    (3)

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    this has to be a troll topic
    (8)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Character
    Katiekat
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    sumthing i have always wonderd could they not just port the xbox copy to the ps3 like any other game?
    (1)
    am dyslexic and have a learning disablement from when i died as a baby and sustained brain damage do to lack of oxygen pleas pardon my bad spelling and grammar

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoloe View Post
    Besides, the PS4 is on the way and the PS2 is going to be phased out (finally). Gamestop is even going to completely stop selling PS2 games very soon, like they did with original Xbox games a few years ago. Time to get the pc version, I bet you can buy XI and every expansion including the new one for liiiiike $40.... oh, look, I'm right~ Link
    Then they announce we're dropping support or something after you upgrade to a PC. Been there done there aren't expansion disk being shipped out either you need to download the digital copies. They won't put the digital copies up because they can still make money off the software at launch. You're actually buying the codes not the software if you already have access to other expansion areas. It's not like you can play the software without registering keys, paying a subscription and setting up a management account.

Fo the record I have 11+ ffxi ultimate abysea collection keys, with 5 PlayStations, each with backup network adapters, hard drives and several PCS. Yes, I played on multiple Playstations at one point without all those 3rd party tools using only 1 TV screen with subs running in a headless setup.

When the PC's where set up to move over I invested a lot of money into them. They where setup specifically to run the game FFXI in the most efficient OS. This was XP for the FFXI game. Then a shocking XP announcement was made. I had to consider reinvesting in new OS software at $99-$199 each or buy new PC's if they cut compatibility.

I might be an exception but the seekers expansion had me fearful of bleeding a lot of money. I think these PS2 players deserve more respect. If it wasn't for them this game night have never been half what it is today.

I do admit though you all should try and move over. I know exactly how frustrating it can be don't make it worse for people who are in a comfortable setup. The only thing this can do in the long term is just make MORE people quit for the wrong reasons.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sarick; 03-28-2013 at 02:55 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Kitanashia
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    they went through this, there just aren't enough PS2 players left to warrant them translating it to the US PS2, they arent going to change their stance on that, if they were they would have already

if you have a PC that can get on these forums chances are unless its absolutely terrible it will run FFXI and there are plenty of PS2 style controllers out there you can use with the PC, consider this as an option

and don't get too upset when this post of yours gets ignored by SE, I'm sure they will look at it and go "oh this topic again, some people just don't get it"
    (1)
    Try to have fun or it isn't worth playing

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast