Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Xenorex
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Salvage - Drop the 3 person requirement for entry

At least drop it to 2 people. 3 is just annoying enough when I want to pop on and do some salvage that I don't bother to log in at all.
    (9)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    You might have better luck now that /yell has been expanded to Aht Urhgan.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

1 person is fine by me. Carbuncle is gimp haven and i'd rather go in solo with bst than shout for 1hr for T W O members who i will P A Y to help me enter.
    (0)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It would be very helpful if at least old salvage were soloable, assaults too.
    (2)

Character
    Ferney
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I feel the same way and would like it to be able to go in with just 2 ppl,i hate shouting for hours with no takers.....just saying.
    (0)

Character
    Kirameki
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    At this point it would be more fun as well. Assault offer little challenge at 99. But they are fun to do. IF you have 3 people. I am often dual boxxing my friends character just to run the Assault or Salvage.
    (0)

Player
    The reason why they're trying to keep the minimum participant requirement is to keep the game being an MMO instead of a "Oh hey, let's play a game where we do everything solo, but have thousands of people playing at the same time."
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Marada View Post
    The reason why they're trying to keep the minimum participant requirement is to keep the game being an MMO instead of a "Oh hey, let's play a game where we do everything solo, but have thousands of people playing at the same time."
    There are countless things in this game that can be soloed, such as Dynamis, or leveling, you see no restrictions on those. At this point the restriction serves no real purpose, it simply stops some people from getting Mythics, which if they really wanted there to be more Mythics like they said in their census they would remove this and fix beastmen kings someday.
    (1)

There are some mild restrictions with what you want, salvage is instanced but its not at the same time. In the real world of MMORPGs an instance zone doesn't have a cap for how many parties / alliances(if you like to take more than 6 into salvage cool) can enter a given area, this is seen at Shinryu(Instanced) BCNMs(Instanced) Sandworm / M.M.M / Meeble Burrows (Instanced, anyone remember Sandworm being bugged and unable to get ported on doomvoid because the zones were at capacity?) each has a slightly higher cap than the others for how many parties can be in a given area before the server runs out of slots that it can allow people in without sticking them into the same event.

So Salvage I want to say has 6 slots for parties, if I want to go do SSR2 I have to hope that there aren't 6 BSTs all individually soloing SSR1(because new salvage shares the same instance slots as old salvage, flawless system is flawless.) that kinda could be a problem, could the probability of it actually happening arise when I'm off work and want to go with a group of friends to do some salvage for their gear? Absolutely I've had it happen twice since Salv 2 came out.

But in light of all that jibber jabber there have been reports and claims that players who get dc'd into salvage, occasionally get either warped to mordian gaol and are given a warning or are just dc'd and upon relogging into the game they find themselves outside of salvage or mordian goal, and this is due to circumventing the in game rules to gain access to events that players must meet a requirement to enter, it's kind of a minor exploit but against the ToS to exploit anything for personal gain, and if found out about you can be punished.

>_>; so take all that in with a grain of salt.

tldr; you can get jailed for going in solo, you can also lock out groups wanting to go if to many people are in solo because ffxi's "instance servers" are anything but.
    (0)

I didn't sit on top of a tree for 6 years to get out damaged by a bunch of weapons that take a week or less to finish.

Character
    Takagi
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So instead of denying us access because there are too many instances, they deny us access because we cant find enough people that want to go ... problem solved
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast