Character
    Leandre
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Suggestions for PLD

i have an idea that may allow PLD's to have a use a again.

Focus Points:

Works much like thf th, PLD exclusive and based on duration of "tanking" the longer you hold the mob the higher the focus points get.

as the focus points increase, you get a aura, centered around the pld giving higher max hp/mp/att/def, but the main thing being, at different levels of focus, say, 10, 20 and at the cap of 30, once you reach these increments it allows thf's to break the TH limit. to the cap of TH 15.

once a pld looses hate the focus points drop, and any TH above 12 incurred during focus will also drop. the rate of focus drop will be alot faster then the increase,

this will hopefully allow more team play back into the battle field and offer something for all members of the group then just mindlessly hitting the WS macro

so what do you guys think?
    (0)

Character
    Leandre
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    edit:

a friend pointed out to me, that in cases of timed battles such as Odin V2. where the team does not have time to build on this, this system would be useless. and i have to agree. so here is a suggestion to that.

lower the cap of focus points and the time needed to reach said cap.

aura is attained while under focus status and effects mobs too, during that time the likelihood to land Th is increased and th cap is raised per focus lvl.

the time taken to lose focus status due to losing hate will remain the same, except the first increment will have no effect on aura.

this idea was supposed to get ppl playing how the game used to be played. extra damage from SC and MBs and not how can we add plds to zerg. boils down to, you either want a chance of a better drop or kill faster.

again, please tell me what you guys think~
    (0)

Character
    Yummypie
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I think it would be better if you scale the points/bonus with pld current enmity level (cumulative enmity). For example, at the start of a battle, you have low enmity but overtime you increase it. I think the best stats to increase would be: WS damage, Subtle Blow, Haste (JA), Atk/Def, Magic resist, MAB. You can also allow the Pld to over-charge this ability/trait by putting it with Invincible. For example, you can give extra bonuses to those stats while the Pld is under the effect of Invincible regardless of enmity level. The use of Invincible would give Pld a certain degree of demand for zerg fights but not overpowered that you can't do it well without a Pld.

I think the cap should be reached in 10min if the Pld has no bonus in enmity gain, do nothing but swing a sword and about less than 5min if the Pld stack up on enmity and use his JA+equipments progressively.

I would skip the TH bonus. It makes pld too important when you need TH. That means you are essentially force pld into a Thf buddy combo even when you don't really need a heavy tank.

I don't think this would make having a Pld in party would make people go for different tactics. Zerg fights occur because it's quick and probably easier to fight than a straight drawn-out fight. A lot of NMs get stronger and deal more damage to the party as time progresses. Mages begin to lose MP, enmity accumulates on Blms, people start dropping dead, people lose focus...etc. You are more likely going to see zerg fights where people get a good chance of getting themselves killed as the fight gets drawn out. For easier fights that you don't really need to zerg, people will simply reduce the number of members until they are left with some DDs with the ability to tank and deal damage (ex: Ninja) and a healer.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfemasters
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The PLD & THF "buddy" combo thing is a good point, but you forget that they already have a "buddy" system in effect. COR can give an additional bonus to their roles if their dice roll has that job in the party. There are also items in the game that allow latent effects if you have a certain job in your party (I think, I can't remember this exactly to verify). The "buddy" system already exists, people just ignore it because they don't want to fully utilize it or they're too lazy to care.

Yes, you may be forcing people to take a PLD along with them if they want to cap out TH. The same thing is said for people that want to proc everything in Abyssea, Voidwatch, whatever. If you want to have every proc covered, you need to bring a BLU to cover spells, but since they can't set all the procs in VW, you need to bring 2. There are a lot of situational times where you would want to bring a certain job, and other times where you just want to roll the dice and see what you get.
    (0)
    "Love thy wolf, more than thy neighbor." ~ W. Masters
    "I'm sorry if you don't like me, but I'm not sorry for being who I am." ~ W. Masters
    "There's nothing wrong with being wrong." ~ W. Masters

Quality of Life Ideas & More:
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/43689-Quality-of-Life-Ideas-More