Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Tetsujin
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

You guessed it - Modus Veritas.

I understand that the nerf to Modus was meant to prevent people from breaking the game (take down UFOs, gank NMs etc) but I'd just like to share some snippets of info:

Over the last few weeks I've only been using Modus on Easy Prey, DC, and Too Weak mobs for farming purposes and I have less than a 50% success rate.

How am I supposed to believe that Modus Veritas should ever miss on a mob that checks Too Weak to be Worthwhile. It makes me want to remove all my Modus merits (that's 15 points) and relocate them literally anywhere else.

To anyone who matters/can do something about this: Can you get the devs to at least dignify us with a response on the matter? Are they planning on adjusting it, and do they believe it's a problem at all?
    (30)

Character
    Bepe
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    As a slight addition to this post, Modus veritas should be enhanced to effect party members with the effect of regen. Doubling the regen, but halving the duration.

Also, I agree that as it currently stand Modus Veritas is weak and practically useless. You know, you could just renew its potency/accuracy to its originally values and make it unable to stack....
    (17)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    It's been requested millions of times, and SE has ignored us every single time.

They just need to change Modus Veritas so that it lands 100% of the time like it used to, and make it fail if another scholar tries to use it on a mob that's already been affected. It's the fix that should have been implemented from the start, and it's incredibly frustrating to see how nothing has changed after years of us complaining.
    (21)
    Last edited by Eric; 03-17-2013 at 03:17 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is sad indeed, after getting a few great adjustments to Scholar, SE decided it is time to "tweak" the job and weaken it. Granted no one wants to be embrava monkey, or PD monkey, or refresh/haste monkey - but you can say the same that all the melee DDs are just weapon skill monkey and PLD a provoke monkey lol. Maybe if we keep requesting the changes, they will do something with Modus Veritas. Unless SE is in their "Caith Sith Syndrome" loop where they repeatedly forget all the stuffs that they have promised they will adjust, road map be damned lol.
    (3)

Player
    This JA is just sad, they really need to do something about it some day... It shows a very poor sense of balance when you nerf something but never come back to see if the nerf really balanced the ability. This is one of those cases where it was too powerful, and rather than tweak it and look at it a month later to see if it works well they simply did a one tweak balancing act where they went overboard. I know they do not often preach about balance anymore, but I feel as though it is still an underlining goal they want to attain. To attain real balance you can not simply adjust something once and never look back, you have to adjust it multiple times and keep returning to it to see if this time it is in fact balanced, that is a lesson SE would do well to learn.
    (3)

6. 03-17-2013 09:56 PM

Player
    From what we come to see from SE regarding Scholar it's a bit sad. they are stripping the good abilities aeay from the player leaving a carcass of some harmless toys to play with. First it was modus veritas now it's tabula rasa. know some things are overpowere. se is just doing thenlazynway out ofmit.let kill sch and make it useless. instead of doingnthat they should really check oher options and add more game.mexhanics where thi abilities shime. I'm not sayon rely on thwm.all the time. but rather have situtions.weremtabularasa doesdntmwork at all.situarona were embrava works or it's iseless and the same goes kaustra
    dont let the job die. after this nerf, witjout compensation scholars will get hit hard.
    (0)

Character
    Delvish
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by AoiX View Post
    From what we have come to see from SE regarding Scholar, it's a bit sad. They are stripping the good abilities away from the player leaving a carcass of harmless toys to play with. First it was Modus Veritas, now Tabula Rasa. I know some things are overpowered, but SE is just doing the lazy way out of it. Lets kill sch and make it useless! Instead of doing that they should really check other options and add more game mechanics where these abilities shine. I'm not saying rely on them all the time, but rather have situations where Tabula Rasa doesn't work at all. Situations where Embrava works or it's Useless and the same goes for kaustra.

Don't let the job die after this nerf. Without compensation, scholars will get hit hard.
    That was entirely too painful to read. FIFY.

My reaction: Your last suggestion of "have situations where Tabula Rasa doesn't work at all". You contradicted yourself in saying this, because it is precisely what they did to Modus Veritas and we all see how much good that did.
    (0)
    Samurai Archery is said to be a thing of the past, but it isn't dead yet!

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Just get rid of modus veritas completely and add a new ability in its place. Possibly something to do with enmity to compliment our new 2hr.
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebe View Post
    .... I agree that as it currently stand Modus Veritas is weak and practically useless. ..
    Hey, lmao! Were does this seem familiar... can't put my finger on it, oh yea!

Modus Veritas - worthless job ability
    Embrava - worthless job ability
    (4)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Concerned4FFxi View Post
    Hey, lmao! Were does this seem familiar... can't put my finger on it, oh yea!

Modus Veritas - worthless job ability
    Embrava - worthless job ability
    Incorrect.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast