Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    not sure why people think ff14 will impact ff11 population a lot. On 1.0 launch there was a little enquiry on ff14 and only ~10% had played ff11. Both games willl exist, and personally fromn what ive seen, they make a HD wow clone. cool story bro, im not very intrested... But i know that's the kind of game american like.
    (1)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Loving the FFXIV hate here. Personally I hope it does very well and I couldn't care less about the population of FFXI. If it gets too low SE will just merge servers again so don't worry FFXI is not gonna die. But I'm excited about something new using the same mobs etc as final fantasy. Anyone else from FFXI like the idea of FFXIV or all haters?
    (1)

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Been playing both... so like meh i don't hate any of em...
    Both like to disappiont me so w/e XD
    (2)
    Last edited by Eri; 03-01-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!

Character
    Winrie
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Playing both, and to be honest ARR has great potential, that those choice crybabies like to try to cut down but yeah. If XIs new expansion doesnt sink me back in, ill be going to ARR to have a new FF experience.
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Winrie View Post
    Playing both, and to be honest ARR has great potential, that those choice crybabies like to try to cut down but yeah. If XIs new expansion doesnt sink me back in, ill be going to ARR to have a new FF experience.
    That's shallow, If you're that bored with FFXI it's not like there aren't other FISH in the sea of MMOs you could choose from. It seems like from your logic only two MMO's exist to choose from.

So why did I make this comment to you? It's because you called players who don't like FFXIV choice crybabies. If someone doesn't like something and they complain it's their right just as much as it is yours to like it. Promotion and damage control has some impact but headliners that are negative can have the reverse effect. Don't forget that the "Final Fantasy" and "Square Enix" brands are no longer the trending names they once where. It's obvious this was caused by bad choices along the way and the result was people complaining/quitting from them.

The players who leave for bata aren't going to impact FFXI much. The players on the game now are mostly very long standing subscribers. Some players have jumped through hoops in places so high there is no longer a breathable atmosphere. Sure you have a few that strayed away and decided to come back after hearing about a new expansion but still, these types of players don't leave for trivial things easily. If they did FFXI would have already been dead several years ago.
    (3)
    Last edited by Sarick; 03-02-2013 at 01:10 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It just seems to me that everyone on here is crying because FFXIV is not a modern FFXI remake so, like children, they throw their toys out the pram and say they don't like it. Nobody technically has a right to say because ARR hasn't been released yet and the beta is absolutely not the final product and a lot can and will change. People saying that FFXIV sucks now are obviously just those children crying because FFXIV is not a remade FFXI and their beloved FFXI is being left by the dev team for a newer game. It's life and nobody is forcing you to move on, this games still alive and I'm glad it is, but you're acting childish. Times change, and that applies to literally everything. No matter what, time will change everything, whether that's a good thing or not is up to the user/player but just remember it then becomes opinion and to every opinion there's an opposite view. The most shallow thing I think, is saying FFXIV sucks when they haven't even tried ARR (which is everyone except the team working on it, as the beta is not a complete game and was never intended to be complete).
    (2)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaall View Post
    It just seems to me that everyone on here is crying because FFXIV is not a modern FFXI remake so, like children, they throw their toys out the pram and say they don't like it.
    The Latin phrase of today is "ad hominem!" Be sure to scream real loud whenever you see an example of it, kids!

Nobody technically has a right to say because ARR hasn't been released yet and the beta is absolutely not the final product and a lot can and will change.
    The same was said back in 2010.

People saying that FFXIV sucks now are obviously just those children crying because FFXIV is not a remade FFXI and their beloved FFXI is being left by the dev team for a newer game.
    As has been mentioned quite loudly in these forums in the past, it's not that the dev team has left that has us bent out of shape, but that we're still paying them for the privilege.

It's life and nobody is forcing you to move on,
    On the other hand, anybody choosing to stay in spite of the dwindling rate-of-return on their entertainment dollars is a fool.

this games still alive
    For certain definitions of "alive."

The most shallow thing I think, is saying FFXIV sucks when they haven't even tried ARR
    Maybe, but keep in mind that S-E spent nearly two full years saying "It doesn't suck any more, really!" You can't expect the playerbase to continue to give S-E the benefit of the doubt after the umpteenth time they've called "Wolf!"

(which is everyone except the team working on it, as the beta is not a complete game and was never intended to be complete).
    You also can't say that game betas bear no relation to the final game.
    (1)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    If people pay for FFXI then they should be happy enough with how FFXI is atm and not care about how good/bad FFXIV is doing because at the end of the day they are 2 separate games. If they are unhappy and stay playing a game that isn't good then there's no helping them. I realise it's people's nature to complain about everything and nature for some people to go off crying when they don't like something but I and most other people would consider that childish.

FFXI isn't as alive as it was but the way I meant was still running. You all complain now, as SE lowers their support on this game, but just wait till the day it really dies. I'm not saying that's now but it will inevitably happen, so all I can say is <<Good Luck!>>.

FFXIV beta is in its first stages and many games have had noticeable changes after betas because that's the whole point of them. Community testing does a lot for a game because it irons out most of its creases. When FFXIV was first released yea it wasn't fantastic but it wasn't completely un playable. The reason it was such a flop is because there are better MMO's out there such as WoW and GW, and it didn't live up to FFXI standards. Now it has changed dramatically and from what people have said even the beta is a remarkable change since the first release. I never said people should give SE benefit of the doubt BUT it is still shallow because until the full version is released you are basing the full version off of an incomplete "demo" designed only to iron out all the bugs. Like people have said many a time, beta's aren't early access to a game, they are there for solving problems only, that is why you are asked tester based questions when you sign up, like "how often do you play" and "on what console do you play".
    (1)

Character
    Lynsara
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    No point of defending ffxiv to this crowd.

Haters gonna hate no matter how good ffxiv ends up being.

And btw I love how ppl complain about ffxiv being a clone of wow or any other game, ffxi itself is an eq clone and like all clones doesnt measure up to the original, even if it is still good on its own
    (3)

Quote Originally Posted by Monchat View Post
    not sure why people think ff14 will impact ff11 population a lot. On 1.0 launch there was a little enquiry on ff14 and only ~10% had played ff11. Both games willl exist, and personally fromn what ive seen, they make a HD wow clone. cool story bro, im not very intrested... But i know that's the kind of game american like.
    Every single person I ever talked to when FFXIV was up played FFXI. I would always ask them what server they played on and they would always have an answer.
    (1)

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast