Thread: Abyssea access

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Abyssea access

I was planning on going to Abyssea with my LS for leveling up event this weekend. I have the 2008 edition installed so i have the main game and all 4 expansions. I dont have Abyssea add-ons, does this mean i dont have access to Abyssea to join my LS? Sounds like a silly question but i noticed alot of maws around...thats how you access it right?

If i do need the add-ons...whats the quickest and cheapest way to get my hands on them?

Would be very grateful for any help here ^_^
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/39260

This contains all Abyssea expansions. However, seeing how SoA is close to being released, you may consider getting the Seekers edition, which contains all previous expansions along with the new one. Unfortunately, I don't think you can use those codes before the expansion is actually released, so you may have to wait a bit. But I am honestly not sure about that, maybe someone else knows better and can share their information.
    (2)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Thanks!...guess ill probably miss the LS event this weekend then.

One more question...when i down one of these mega all-in-one downloads, will i have the option to only install Abyssea? It would make sense that i would.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    One more question...when i down one of these mega all-in-one downloads, will i have the option to only install Abyssea? It would make sense that i would.
    It will install automatically, if it hasn't already. I think all the add-on content installs automatically
    (1)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    What im saying is i dont want to install the main game and all the expansions all over again...hopefully there will a box for the main game and expansions that i can untick. That way only installing all the content i dont have already.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    What im saying is i dont want to install the main game and all the expansions all over again...hopefully there will a box for the main game and expansions that i can untick. That way only installing all the content i dont have already.
    You won't have to install anything. It's just license codes you get from buying that. You enter them on the SE Account Management website, and that's it, you'll be ready to enter Abyssea.
    (0)
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

Character
    Leachpunk
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    amazon has Abyssea for 9.49 with a 25% off code "CAGROCKS", or you can use that code on the seekers of adoulin ffxi collection set for 40 and 25% off with code "CAGROCKS"
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Abyssea content is in the form of "add-ons," not "expansion packs." For those three particular add-ons, provided you have the core game, Rise of the Zilart and Wings of the Goddess already installed and up-to-date, there is nothing more for you to do than register a code that includes Abyssea access. There's no "installation" process per se.

If you purchase the current "Ultimate Collection Abyssea Edition," all you'll need to do is snag the code and muck about in the Account Management page a bit. But keep in mind that if you instead pre-order "Ultimate Collection Seekers Edition," you won't get any codes until spring.
    (0)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Amaday
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    amaroq, I believe you can find the abyssea collection on steam, and amazon i think has it too. Also, the Seekers of Adoulin edition is a new expansion to hit selves at the end of march, containing both all of abysea, everything in game plus the add on released and some very cool low level universal gear.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kincard
    The reason I keep coming back to XI as opposed to other MMOs is because of the content's lastability. While it is true that many pieces are outdated with each patch, to this day there are many old pieces of gear that are still near top-tier if not the top-tier. It encourages you to explore the whole breadth of content rather than asking you to bumrush and bypass all the old content just so you can grind the newer content. This is a model used by other MMOs such as WoW, and while I don't have anything against people that enjoy this model, if I wanted to play an MMO with that model there are many, many games vast superior to XI in terms of mechanics and especially customer service that offer such a model.