Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Vedabe
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 69

Am i going wrong, not leeching in abyssea?

Hello people, right now i am avoiding leeching in abyssea, but, i am finding leveling up way to slow and kind of boring. Also i see all the time, low lvl players telling me to go to abyssea so that is faster and i am gonna enjoy the game, in no time.

I started to play back in 2008, and i miss a lot partying with ppl.

So i just want to know if i am crazy, lvling the old way.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers

M1ky.
    (1)

Character
    Drdelicious
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 90
    nope. not crazy. the issue is, people dont want to take the time. anything below lvl 90 is considered a "time sink" and people want to just burn up to 90 without actually doing anything for the 89 prior levels. id love to see the midgame come back, and that can happen by jacking the min. lvl up for abyssea. but thats another thread.

i also miss the lvl capped stuff. like doing panty raids was always so much fun, because people would show up on different jobs. i just miss that kind of stuff.
    (2)

Character
    Khajit
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not crazy but it's not going to go very quickly at all and it really is more fun once you're a decent level. There are abyssea shouts all the time if you're too lazy to make em yourself after you get high lv so you'd be able to party to your heart's content nonstop AND make gil from the cruor/dominion notes.
    Plus if you really just want to kill stuff with random people you can ask to join some of the better( as in avoid the shouts asking for 18 people to kill a duo/trioable mob) shouts out there. I do admit that sometimes it is fun joining in on that 18 man nonsense just to see some of the truly awful players getting owned for hours by stuff you've killed within 3 minutes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Khajit; 03-21-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Character
    Lilbitz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 90
    I myself only have 2 75s, BST and THF, with many jobs above 50. So i myself am still living in the old days when 75 was cool, lol. I still like to party, do assualts, old school stuff ect. I dont think your crazy, i myself enjoy it, slow as that stuff my be somtimes im a social Taru and thats what i enjoy most, just being social.
    (2)
    Leviathan Server~I am the Tiny but Mighty Tarutaru Lilbitz!!!! Hear me RAWWWWWW....peep~peep....RRR!!! Don't mess with me!!!! or I'll kick you in the ankle!!!

Character
    Lithera
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 1
    No you are not crazy, pending on the server you are on you can find low level parties here and there. Also doing it old school means you dont get laughed at not having your skills capped at a decent level. Or that you actually care enough about trying to learn the job you are currently leveling. That and I ran into people who said I could leach my lv 68 at the time Pup for 60k an hour. I only wanted to get it to 75, so that wasn't going to be too much if a leach. If you are a very new player then you have level caps to break starting at 50 with some not being as easy as others to complete. Some jobs are also gear heavy if you don't want to be thought as gimped. Like thf, Sam, drk, rng, nin ect. Another thing is do you want to take time doing your job's AF gear or get some relic? Maybe get enouh alliance notes for some of the Wotg gear. So, no you are not crazy to go old school. Just depends on what you as a player feel is right for you and the way you want to play. Myself I do my best to go old school partly due to not being lucky with being allowed to leach in abyssea or because I don't have a skill set leveled yet from another job.
    (0)

Player
    Ok well what job are you leveling? What level is it now? How long is it taking you? How are you leveling now? Like in small parties or usually soloing?

If you can manage to team up with small parties here and there and make decent progress then good. If you can't and you're just scraping along soloing at 40~60 or higher then maybe not. Are you having fun? Is it worth your time? Only you can answer these things. Just don't feel like you have to suffer and waste your time just because people don't like "leeching".
    (1)

Character
    Medli
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    As mentioned, nothing wrong with classic style. I was brand new to FFXI in November, and leveled PLD all the way up to 73 with regular parties and solo play. I wouldn't trade the experiences for anything else. I gave in post 73 to get to 90 because I wanted to be able to help out my LS members with more stuff.

I still enjoy doing regular parties in less populated areas, especially duo's and trios. Those are a lot of fun with good pals. No argument that they aren't super-duper-alpha-omega efficient exp like abyssea, but it's decent gain.

On the flip side, there's no real "shame" in leeching unless you honestly refuse to take time to skill up/study your class. It's moreso a matter of personal choice and finding groups that have spot for literal leeching and parties that need key masters to open chests (which is also important in abyssea parties!).
    (0)
    ara ara

Player
    In the old days level 1-75 was practice teaching you your job. However, the game really didnt start till you got to capped level and beyond hence the reason it was called endgame. That being said 90 is the new 75 and endgame is becoming different. I understand the desire notto be a leach but i wouldent turn down the oportunity if it arises otherwise you will never get any thing accomplished.
    (0)

The only dead level honestly is lvl 50-55ish your getting 2 high for older area's and not enough for TOA area. Other then that its not realy hard to level just make your own partys. You find out many of the anoying player's well leave and wont stick around but dont let that stop you keep going replace them. In the end you have a great time. I've been doing that sense 2004. Its better to lvl your job outside of aby so you know how to play. The thing you should never hear is high lvl sam asking you how to solo light skill chain /sigh
    (3)

Character
    Whippingpost
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Hello !! I've been playing for 2 years soon. My hubby has been a player from the pc release in the US. I still party the way the game was designed, teamwork and a balance of jobs. You LEARN your "job" and keep your skills up to par. I found that working with others in a party helps you to understand when to "sacrifice" control or when to "take" control to "share" emnity and keep members from getting KO. Not to mention interacting with skillchains. I play mostly for the social interaction (oh, and the hubby's, "can you come keep me alive?"). I hope you enjoy playing no matter what. Fun is fun. Anywhoo, we're on Queztzalcoatl if you ever want to come and visit (^_^)
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast