Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Runeblade - New weapon type

it just occurred to me...
    i think that rune fencers are not going to use standard greatswords as their default weapon like we initally believed....
    geomancer is getting its own unique weapon class.... and im willing to put money on it that rune fencer will as well.

is anyone else considering this as a possiblity?
    (0)

I doubt it. Too much work to add new animations.
    (2)

Character
    Hideka
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    they just did it for geomancers.... i dont see why they wouldnt for RFN.....
    (0)

Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hideka View Post
    they just did it for geomancers....
    Can I get some backing for this claim? As far as I know Geomancers will be using a subclass of Club skill weapons.
    (0)

Player
    Rune Fencer is shown hitting a bunch of stuff with a Great Sword on the "Colonization System" page of the Seekers of Adoulin website as of right now. If that's actually just a thing that looks like a Great Sword, but can not use Resolution, that would be both sad and hilarious. It would be more sad than hilarious, closer to a dead kitten dressed as a clown rather than a clown dressed as a dead kitten.

Quote Originally Posted by Economizer View Post
    Can I get some backing for this claim? As far as I know Geomancers will be using a subclass of Club skill weapons.
    I think he or she is just going way, way out on a limb about the Bells that Geomancer will equip.

Bells are strongly implied to have their own skill on the Seekers of Adoulin website, but Bells are also implied to be more like a Bard's instruments than a weapon: They'll be equipped like weapons and skill up like weapons or magic but just function as casting aids.

Things could go either way at this point, but it seems noteworthy that there isn't a single picture of a Geomancer physically attacking anything with a Bell or using anything that looks plain enough to be a simple Ranged Attack equivalent with a Bell. If Bells are used for anything other than casting aids, there aren't any pictures of those things posted yet.

The visible melee weapon on the Geomancer in all the Adoulin pictures is indeed a rather phallic club. Seriously, you will never un-see the Freudian imagery now that I've mentioned it.
    (1)

Player
    Well, I can not find the post, probably due to it being in the Vanafest area, but I do recall shortly after RUN was announced that Camate came on the forums and confirmed the speculation that RUN's primary weapon of choice would be Great Sword. As I said though, I can not find the post, likely due to the Vanafest area being long gone. I am 90% sure it was Camate who said it though, and clearly remember the post, so any ideals of it being a new weapon type are very unlikely unless they changed some design decisions. If they did however, I fear there would be a large lack of choices of what weapons to use, since they would have to make weapon choices for all levels. That kind of thing would make them hard to level normally, and would probably put even more people into Abyssea for leeching it up.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    (0)

Character
    Drivont
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 96
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Rune Fencer is shown hitting a bunch of stuff with a Great Sword on the "Colonization System" page of the Seekers of Adoulin website as of right now. If that's actually just a thing that looks like a Great Sword, but can not use Resolution, that would be both sad and hilarious. It would be more sad than hilarious, closer to a dead kitten dressed as a clown rather than a clown dressed as a dead kitten.

I think he or she is just going way, way out on a limb about the Bells that Geomancer will equip.

Bells are strongly implied to have their own skill on the Seekers of Adoulin website, but Bells are also implied to be more like a Bard's instruments than a weapon: They'll be equipped like weapons and skill up like weapons or magic but just function as casting aids.

Things could go either way at this point, but it seems noteworthy that there isn't a single picture of a Geomancer physically attacking anything with a Bell or using anything that looks plain enough to be a simple Ranged Attack equivalent with a Bell. If Bells are used for anything other than casting aids, there aren't any pictures of those things posted yet.

The visible melee weapon on the Geomancer in all the Adoulin pictures is indeed a rather phallic club. Seriously, you will never un-see the Freudian imagery now that I've mentioned it.

Pretty positive you're right, because if you look at the Rockfin Naakual picture, the GEO is casting with a bell in hand, and the clubdong at its side.
    (0)

Character
    Kyqrieas
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Might be an offhand that just doesn't get used only held. Seems likely considering, like you say, the bell seems to be a casting aid rather than weapon.
    (0)

Character
    Emaleth
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm sure it's just going to be Greatswords.

You may be on to something, though. They released a slew of Hexaguns just for COR. They might add a line of "Runeblades" for flavor.
    (1)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast