Character
    Rehl
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60

How far can you solo missions?

I was wondering how far a person could get with the ToU, WotG and CoP missions solo. I can’t find anyone to do them by shouting and I’m still looking for a linkshell. I seem to be able to do most of the basic run around cutscene quests, but at some point are there any major boss fights that would be hard to do alone or have a level cap? I’ve looked over some walkthroughs and it looks like I would hit a wall at some point. Right now I’m a 75 Beastmaster with a Dancer or Ninja sub but I’m sure reaching 99 would help.
    (0)

Assuming level 99: You can solo all the way to Alexander in ToAU, you might be able to solo it if you have access to both good magical and physical damage. You can solo all of the nation missions, you can probably solo up to Promathia in CoP, and promathia as well if you have the right job. I don't even remember the Zilart fights, but I would be surprised if you couldn't easily solo all but the last fight there. As for WotG, not sure. The missions that came out during 75 cap are easily soloable for sure. I know I soloed to the battle of Jeuno without issues, and that is the most recent fight I remember doing there. I did all the WotG stuff on dnc.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 01-30-2013 at 10:01 AM.

Character
    Teraniku
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Nation missions are pretty much solo able now, depending on your job / sub job availability. (Solo'd all off Bastok with PLD/WHM).
    (0)

Character
    Cabalabob
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I solo'ed pretty much all of WoTG and ToAU missions except for a few BC fights which I had to shout for 1-2 people to help out (won't specify to avoid spoilers) as SMN most of ToAU was at 75 cap except for final fight which I trioed at 80, did pretty much all of WoTG at 99 cap though.

I could probably easily solo CoP and nation missions now but I did those back when they were level restricted so can't say for certain. I static'ed zilart missions with couple friends other than divine might where we just joined a pick up group. But none of them seemed too hard, could probably solo/duo most of it
    (0)
    Last edited by Cabalabob; 02-07-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Is the goal for new players now to first hit lv99 and try solo missions? Im a new player and wish the caps were still on the missions. Doing all the missions solo doesnt sound like alot of fun :P

Quote Originally Posted by animeprimeresh View Post
    I can’t find anyone to do them by shouting and I’m still looking for a linkshell.
    Im sure you can find a LS...you just got be brave and ask strangers for a pearl. Places like gusgen mines and crawlers nest are good places to ask.
    (2)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I did a bunch of missions back in 2011. The only ones I tried to solo were the Sandoria and Windurst nation lines and A Crystalline Prophecy. Setting aside the difficulty of clearing the fights yourself, there are a few missions where keeping an NPC alive is part of the mission. In those, I can't see how you would solo as the NPCs are usually pretty fragile. Excenmille, Seltheus, and Lilisette seem to be the exceptions.
    (0)