Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Solo or with a party, all I hope is that the missions available at first release have more than 1 day's worth of content. I don't want to see WoTG again where they took years to release all the content.
    (0)

Character
    Mayoyama
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Problem with wotg... I dont think they really had a clear idea how they wanted to end it... and then when they got the idea to up the level caps.. it got even more drawn out so that the content they made towards wotg matched the level cap at the time
    (1)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Aeonknight
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Trisscar View Post
    New expansion, new battles, new guilds, new enemies, new content... These are the things that Adoulin promises to being with it, likely with new story lines and new missions to complete.

So I started this thread to make a suggestion to Square about said missions and storyline: Start it off being able to be done solo.

Yeah, no doubt there will be some idiots who no sooner than I post this will shout about easy modes and that its an MMO and what not, but think about this for a second.

It has been a short time since the level cap has hit 99 and now that virtually everyone has unlocked that cap, people who still need it are finding it harder and harder to get help for the final battle because (as far as I know) it can't be done solo and no one is willing to help with it.

Wings missions, despite having been out for years, can only be done solo via a small handful of very well geared jobs. No one helps with those.

Nation missions couldn't be completed solo beyond a certain point because of level cap outside of a couple jobs. Until more recently, that is. And no one helped with those.

Chains missions... Well I think I made my point.
    So you think SE should nerf the content for everyone because a minority of players find it difficult making friends (or paying "friends") to finish up things like the level cap...?

If you make these missions soloable then by definition you make them easy (unless it's capped at 1 person per fight and somehow balance it to be possible for all jobs but not too easy.) If you make them easy then the content is going to last you all of 2 hours (unless SE loads up on those lovely fetch quests to artificially extend the content) before you're stuck waiting 3 months for the next update.

I say make em hard. I want another PM 6-4, because winning that damned BCNM was probably one of the highlights of my FFXI career.

That being said it doesn't have to be murderously difficult from the get go, but soloable? That's a bit too easy, especially with solo gods like BST around.

Hell look at your own example for CoP. It's widely considered to be the expansion with the best storyline mission structuring of all the expansions we've gotten so far (with WoTG being a close second). Why? Because it was hard. Because it pushed you to be a better player. Because when you beat a hard fight and were rewarded with access to a previously locked region, you didn't just have new missions to do, you had a new part of the world to explore.

Now that it's been nerfed to uncap status, doing these missions for the 1st time wouldn't be nearly as meaningful or impactful as it was for those of us who did it "the hard way".

Probably the Dark Souls player in me talking, but that's my 2 cents for what it's worth.
    (2)

Character
    Ryanx
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    i hope these new missions are as hard as CoP used to be i miss the challenge
    (3)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I hope the days of burning through 100,000 gil worth of meds and detailed strategies return.
    (2)

I personally would prefer to progress through the content with my group of friends, and most people I know think doing missions solo is just boring. That being said, I'm lucky to have a good group of friends to do these things with and I can see it being frustrating to get content done that requires other people's assistance to progress if they are not similarly situated.

So, why not the best of both worlds, make the battles (for example) scale to the number of members or something. That way it could be solo'd but still provide something more then a too-weak challenge for those who rather do them as a group.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2