Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
    When this NERF is carried out, could the name of it be changed to "Drop Me", since it's situational usefulness will no longer exist. This will let us know that it's time to get rid. Thanks.
    (24)

But Okipuit, Twilight Scythe isn't overpowered! You shouldn't change it. I don't even have drk leveled so this isn't just bias talking.
    (8)

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Well if you wish for a reason for it not to be changed at this time if you have a monster with 75% or more pdt but a weakness to magic with twilight as it is now we have only 2 jobs that can reasonably keep hate off the mages, those being a mnk which can use any weapon it has with its formless strikes, the other being Drk with twlight which in all honesty even with formless' slight dmg penalty (10% at full merits and poping it with relic body) does not even remotely keep up with Mnk. Only advantage twilight would have would be access to a magical weapon skill, tho sadly its kinda weak, and only some gear to support it, and to make matters worse drk really isnt a Damage over time job there something like 28% tping dmg 2%magic dmg 70%weapon skill dmg which when compared to mnk, which is 50-70% tping dmg and the rest weapon skill its rather easy to see who has the advantage there.

Now some people might be saying why did i not include sam or the jobs using req, well the sam weapon is rare, tho in truth much much much more powerful than twilight, sam it self is like 5-10% tping dmg with the rest being weapon-skill dmg, which with that gk not only is doing non-elemntal dmg the weapon itself( 111 dmg which excluding the R/E/M is the 3rd highest dmg gk before considering its +15 str) is rather high on the dmg end, and gains an attack bonus of up to 33%. That gk with sams natural ability to gain tp while doing nothing easily puts it ahead of twilight and in most cases ahead of formless as well.

Now on to req really its a 1handed weapon skill so at best 45% tping dmg and 55% weaponskill to more realistically like 60% to and 40% weaponskill so not horrible but the problem comes in when you not only make it a mnd based weapon-skill (not to much str and mnd gear that has other useful dd stats) but then you put a hefty attack penalty on it (20 ish %) putting it greatly behind the other 3 options for everyone but blu and maybe war. In closing twilight is fine as it is, its not leading the pack heck its not even in second place its near the bottom, all of your proposed nurf will simply make people take mnks or that rare sam with the gk, and worse yet, push even more drk to great sword only status, which.... something isnt right about a job not using its iconic weapon.
    (11)

Character
    Kysaiana
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Twilight scythe has 2 maybe 3 uses anymore. BR II cerberus and killing elementals faster. You could argue Flans/Slimes as well but there's few times were you're not just better off powering through with a better weapon. The only thing that needs changed is to add more weapons like this for more jobs. If they want people to bring BLM to deal damage, they're going to have to increase MP efficiency and damage a lot more than what was proposed already.
    (15)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Seriously? Seriously? Things like Thief's Knife are still in regular use by almost every single thief in the game and you wonder why people don't feel like changes need to be mad to the twilight scythe?

Perhaps an explanation as to what exactly is being done with the twilight scythe to spark the interest is in order. Is there some piece of content that is being repeatedly beaten exclusively through abuse of the twilight scythe? What exactly is the thing doing that has everyone up in arms? I don't think I've ever even seen one equipped in a battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    When this NERF is carried out, could the name of it be changed to "Drop Me", since it's situational usefulness will no longer exist. This will let us know that it's time to get rid. Thanks.
    Item Description: This scythe used to have a couple of minor uses, but we nerfed it. You can just toss this if it lands in your loot pool.
    (11)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 02-01-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    While we are still fleshing out the specific adjustment plan, we are thinking about the below:

Add a risk to the weapon, such as when equipping Twilight Scythe, every time an attack is made, you lose HP (overlaps with the effect of Soul Eater)
    Add the effect as an enchantment which would decrease the frequency of it activating
    Have the effect activate at a constant rate only when remaining HP is below a certain value.
    Additionally, make it so the rate is increased depending on the amount of HP left.
    Yeah it's a crock of BS.

We gave very specific reasons why it shouldn't be touched. It's a weak weapon that is useful it only a very limited situation.

Not that your going to tell the devs this anyway. The CR's are in passive mode only now, just translating what the devs are posting on the JP forums. You can tell cause it'll be posted in Japanese then a day or so later it's translated for here. The Dev's never respond to any posts made by the NA or EU players.
    (22)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    How about this for an adjustment:

Every time you equip the twilight scythe and attack, including weaponskills, the additional effect "death" might backfire and proc on the player instead.

This would dissuade the overuse and correct the imbalance of using the twilight scythe.
    Malthar, please stop trolling and take your whiny, petty, childish "I lost pet th so you deserve what you get" mentality and keep it to yourself.
    (4)

Character
    Slayerofgods
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I was on the "no adjustment to Twilight Scythe" side. I rarely use it, It's very situational.

With the adjustment, I'm gonna probably drop it on the ground.
    (8)
    Last edited by Arek; 02-01-2013 at 09:15 PM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Calamity View Post
    Malthar, please stop trolling and take your whiny, petty, childish "I lost pet th so you deserve what you get" mentality and keep it to yourself.
    Ex-squeeze me?! I have every right to comment, just as you do. And how dare you call me a troll?!
    If that wasn't a personal attack, I don't know what is.

Camate, be a good fellow and look into this, will ya?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Ex-squeeze me?! I have every right to comment, just as you do. And how dare you call me a troll?!
    If that wasn't a personal attack, I don't know what is.

Camate, be a good fellow and look into this, will ya?
    It's trolling because you're not here to offer any sort of helpful insight or feedback. Every single post you've made on the subject has had the express goal of fanning the flames and, as I already said, just pettily laughing at drks, and supporting the nerf, all because YOU lost your pet th, and for no other reason. How is this not trolling?
    (2)

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast