Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
    Player
    There are several hundreds of Food items in this game and players only use maybe 3 or 4 predominately. I know it seems like a big overhaul which can be very time consuming but something needs to be done. SE has succeeded in making only a selct few foods useful and the rest have puzzlingly terrible stats, even high level foods. Time and time again I see SE release new high level foods with stats like VIT+3 AGI+7 for example. I'm sure many of these food effects remain unknown to playrs(much like how we were unaware for years that the Macarons enhanced synthesis). Please be more transparent about food effects and moving forward implement foods that are more useful for a wider range of purposes; especially for mages.

A melee can enhance their attack by 100-150 which is a HUGE boost with no penalty. Why not create foods that give 20-30 magic accuracy, or 20-30 magic attack bonus? How about a +100-150 evasion bonus food, food with 10-15 enmity for tanks, a food with PDT or MDT on it, a conserve MP food. Mages have nothing useful for food; most use Cream Puffs stil which sadly is only what a +7 INT boost? Compared to melee which eat food that gives them +6 STR and 150 attack?
    Changing this would also benefit Culinarians which have been subsiding on the same 2-3 recipes to make gil and cause a huge inflation of the rare and expensive Dragon Meat.
    (7)

Character
    Shidoshii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Food and items should have a much greater degree of transparency. Why take the time and effort to add something to the game, only to have it go unused and unnoticed for years? Seems like that's counter-productive, and a waste of resources to me.

I also agree with the mage food issue as well. It just seems unnecessarily constrained. With all the complex stats this game has to offer (MaB, affinity, Mag. Acc., conserve mp, cure potency, fast cast, etc.), having to default to a +7 int food just leaves me scratching my head at this point in the game.
    (4)
    Last edited by Fermion; 04-22-2013 at 05:16 PM.

Player
    There are so many foods, whats the point of 90% of them? Why use the weaker tier attack foods when you can use the best? Cost? Please. That would be a good argument if there were less than 10 different foods JUST for STR/ATT, instead there are over 40 that increase attack, and out of those 40, maybe 2 are used. As for the MND, AGI, CHR food, these need to be re-purposed to enhance something a bit less nebulous than just base attributes. Magic Accuracy, Evasion, Charm+, Fast Cast, Conserve MP, Affinity, Tactical Parry, Occult Acumen
    (1)

Character
    Ziyyigotipyigo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Fermion View Post
    Food and items should have a much greater degree of transparency.
    Oh, they will... in FFXIV:
    Q: Are there any plans to implement a Wiki feature in-game that will allow players to look up details on monsters and items?
    A: No. It wouldn't be possible to fit a database that large onto the PS3 version. Instead, we plan on creating an official database on the Lodestone and also creating an app. This way, players can quickly look up information with their smart phones.
    They already had every crafting recipe available in a searchable database on the XIV website, and it sounds like they'll be getting much more.

Meanwhile, how long as the (decrepit "beta" of the) Linkshell Community been down now?
    (3)
    Nothing in the above post is intended to disparage Square Enix or FINAL FANTASY XI, or to criticize Square Enix staff; such behavior would be a violation of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement. Any such violations of the FINAL FANTASY XI User Agreement should be reported to Square Enix immediately, by using the "Report Post" icon in the bottom-left of forum posts.

No Moogles were harmed in the making in this post. Stars save the Sibyl!

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Naraku_Diabolos View Post
    I hate buying ammo, tools, lures etc. (consumables) for my character. Meh, too bad they can't get rid of that like they did in FFXIV. I hate spending a ton of gil just on cosumables. It's a real bother when I try to play as a RNG and COR (or use a ranged weapon) and have to spend what little gil I have (245k), and it's hard for me to make more (I took a break from the game for a year and just got back onto it).
    What they don't realize is that without those consumables, the game economy stagnates.

Call me weird, but I can sit there slapping newbie monsters around and make 30-90K/AH slot doing it at this point. What's so hard about making money?
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Sothis
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I've seen in mentioned in the thread back some, but I'd like to reiterate: I'd like to see Farsha be made into an axe that's even worth using. Cloudsplitter is an absolutely terrible weapon skill, and without the WS, the axe isn't anything special.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustic View Post
    What they don't realize is that without those consumables, the game economy stagnates.

Call me weird, but I can sit there slapping newbie monsters around and make 30-90K/AH slot doing it at this point. What's so hard about making money?
    I think the problem with making money for consumable purchases is it's boring with no tangible benefit. At least with most redundant and boring tasks in the game, you are working towards a tangible reward. New gear, new weapon, access to new areas, etc.

With gil-making for consumables, you are spending time to be able to throw away something just to play a job. It's not very rewarding at all. And is why so few play those jobs and those that do, often play them poorly. Most COR's I see just roll buffs and stand back helping cure people. A lot of RNG's I see wear full time recycle gear.

There is nothing hard about making money. There is also very little interesting about it in general, especially when it doesn't lead to a tangible item.

IF the system worked in such a way that your had to earn the right to shoot a certain type of ammo, but it was infinite, it would be more palatable to most people. Say 10 million gil to shoot damascus bullets. 5 million gil to shoot Miridium bullets. Make the licenses for ammo the big cost and the bullets cheap.
    (1)
    Yo Ho Yo Ho, a pirate's life for me!

Character
    Horadrim
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    Frankly I'd find it a lot more fun to farm +2 items if you didn't HAVE to proc Yellow. Now, I get it, the idea was to force diverse parties and keep people from just solo'ing everything, but now it is getting to be sort of a chore.

I'd like to go into abyssea with a job that's not BLM/BRD for a change and actually enjoy hunting mob for gear and drops without having to depend so heavily on the proc system. Especially since we're moving beyond the Abyssea system and Abyssea era gear is considered sub-standard.
    (1)
    Somewhere in space... this could be happening right now.

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirabelle View Post
    I think the problem with making money for consumable purchases is it's boring with no tangible benefit. At least with most redundant and boring tasks in the game, you are working towards a tangible reward. New gear, new weapon, access to new areas, etc.
    What people don't realize is that Gil gets exchanged for items because you're spending time and they're paying you money for it.

You want that stack of silk cloth? Pay me for my time. A stack of bullets? Pay me for my time so you can have yours. And so on, and so forth. Why is that M. Kris so expensive? It's useful but it takes a ton of time and effort to get. Gimme gil for it. Want that relic faster? Pay me for those 100 Bynes and Jadeshells and the time and effort it took me to get them for you.

Trade is critical. The more roadblocks you put in the way of trade, the less useful Gil becomes. Consumables, -by far- are the easiest way to keep trade going. Medicines. Ammo. Crafting materials, doubly so when used to make other consumables. Look at the most rapid exchanges of Gil on the AH. Prism powders and silent oils!

There has to be both supply and sink and the process MUST be constant and brisk or else there is no game economy. The more "eternal" one-shot stuff there is, the more money piles up into the economy and has nowhere to go. You put "ammo licenses" in, and guaranteed people will simply pay for the unlimited plan and do without the higher-powered ammo until they can get it. /wave to your crafters making them anymore. Or bolts, or arrows for that matter.
    (1)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.

Character
    Slib
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I feel mage Relics are completely useless and Emps are not that far behind them. Also, mythics could use more love also for mages.

As a Black Mage, why would I ever want a Claustrum? I have a 99 Hvergelmir, mainly as an achievement and that the weapon is nice vs easy prey when you want to keep your MP stable and not have to rest after 4 nukes, but against any tough enemies, it is not that great. As for the mythic, I personally never had one so I can't judge it's potency, but from what I read from others, it's just good for meteor and doesn't beat the Trial 99 Ele Staves.

Each of those weapons take a lot of time and money to make. I never understood why they were never an upgrade like the ones for melee are.

I'll never understand why Aegis got fixed so fast when it was considered to be useless next to Ochain when the Magic Damage Taken cap was -50% (even with aegis on at the time) yet all of these years, Claustrum remains useless and the most unwanted relic.

I'll only touch black mage bonuses since I do not play SCH or SMN.

Claustrum: You can instead have it give a unique spell to black mages and summoners instead of a weapon skill. Also give it some Avatar Magic damage +% and Magic Damage +% with + magic accuracy.

Hvergelmir: The weapon skill is actually nice, if you can get TP from casting often. This could give a major occult Accumen with lower Magic Damage +% than Claustrum and maybe give fast cast. Maybe summoners can get TP when their pet melees also, allowing them to use the WS from afar and not have to melee.

Laevateinn: Give a bonus damage to meteor in addition to the Magic Attack Bonus. This would make it unique for meteor to inflict even more damage than it does now. Can also enhance meteor to be effective with 1 Black Mage.

Only problem I see is the mythic staff being used just for Meteor. Could have it add a new unique black mage spell also.
    (2)
    Last edited by Slib; 04-24-2013 at 01:54 AM.

Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast