Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Jongalt
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Intel HD Graphics Display Driver

I recently updated to Windows 8 and I saw something sad when I tried to install FFXI on my laptop. The characters are invisible and the game is hopeless to play on my laptop. Is there a way the developers can work with Intel to get the game working.
    (1)

Player
    They basically phased out ps2 users. Guess they're trying to phase out people with Intel graphics cards. lol j/k
    But for real they both need to fix this issue. I haven't seen my character since update; and I did all the trouble shooting "fixes" they said. Nothing worked.
    (0)

Player
    You you guys at SE fix this already? This is ridiculous; you're blaming Intel and Intel is blaming you. Why don't your companies work together to resolve this issue? I want to play the game... and I can't do that while every character, NPC and enemy model doesn't render. I've been playing since 2003 and this is really shaking my loyalty to SE and their products.
    (2)

Character
    Ponbiki
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I had the same problem on Windows 7x64 using Intel HD3000. I had to install the version 8 intel drivers because version 9 drivers made all the ffxi characters invisible.
    (2)

We are sorry to hear about your graphical issues. The main problem with this issue does not seem to be the driver, but actually Windows 8 using the wrong driver. There was previously a thread in regards to this issue that managed to get this problem resolved.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...ows-8-Problems

If none of the fixes in this thread resolve the issue, please let us know.
    (0)

Character
    Nyruul
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i am having the same problem with intel hd graphics 2000 win7 x64. no characters npc or pc display, only their floaty names. tried old and new drivers, you guys seriously need to resolve this issue. i didnt have this problem with my old computer running the integrated intel graphics media accelerator hd on win7 x64. It seems like everyone running into this issue are using the chipsets ranging from intel hd graphics 2000 - 4000. Just subbed for the month and now i cant play?? Im not happy.

Also would like to note that this computer im using plays the more recent lord of the rings online game with no graphical issues at all. I think this is an SE issue.
    (0)
    Last edited by L30x; 02-11-2013 at 05:32 PM.

Character
    Nyruul
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    i rolled back all the way to version 8.15.10.2476 and now characters are displayed. from my understanding this driver works for hd graphics 2000-4000. heres a link from were i got the driver its under vga. dont know if you have to have an asus to use this driver installer though. extract all files then run setup.

http://support.asus.com/download.asp...=en&p=3&m=X54C
    (0)

Character
    Gistukul
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Amazing that this is still an issue. Laziness or lack of motivation or both.
    (0)

In case there was still any doubt~!

Character
    Golliath
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Ok here's what you are gonna do :

*For pc <Right click> on your "Computer" icon and select "Manage" on the drop down window. A Computer Management window will open, select "Device Manager"

to the right under "Display Adapters" <Right Click> (your current driver) and select "Update Driver Software", a window with two options will open: "Select Automatically..." and "Browse my computer for driver software" Select "Browse my computer..." on the following window select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

This window will open and you can check the drivers you have installed.
    The last two drivers on the picture work well, also if you have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000(or 3000 same issue)(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)
    That one works too.

Here's the Intel Driver List all you have to do is select 32bit or 64bit depending your processor:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...01&FamilyId=39

Anything from (9.18.10.3165) and up should work, *the driver "version" is in the description not the page.
    (1)
    Last edited by Leatherman; 06-18-2013 at 03:31 AM.
    http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Golliath

Save a Chocobo ride a Galka!

10. 06-18-2013 03:12 AM

11. 06-18-2013 03:22 AM

Character
    Gistukul
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Thank you very much for the fix! But my point was we shouldn't have to go through all that; Issues like this should be worked out between the gaming and GPU companies. But all they do is ping-pong blame.

Quote Originally Posted by Leatherman View Post
    Ok here's what you are gonna do :

*For pc <Right click> on your "Computer" icon and select "Manage" on the drop down window. A Computer Management window will open, select "Device Manager"

to the right under "Display Adapters" <Right Click> (your current driver) and select "Update Driver Software", a window with two options will open: "Select Automatically..." and "Browse my computer for driver software" Select "Browse my computer..." on the following window select "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"

This window will open and you can check the drivers you have installed.
    The last two drivers on the picture work well, also if you have Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000(or 3000 same issue)(Microsoft Corporation - WDDM 1.2)
    That one works too.

Here's the Intel Driver List all you have to do is select 32bit or 64bit depending your processor:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...01&FamilyId=39

Anything from (9.18.10.3165) and up should work, *the driver "version" is in the description not the page.
    (0)

In case there was still any doubt~!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast