Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    I was thinking of this the other day actually. I would be much more interested in a Re-Arise scroll than I am Arise, despite difficulty to obtain or price. There are SOOOO Many times that the WHM dies twice in a row in dynamis or some other event and ruins the whole run (this is only due to the fact that re-entry is not allowed if you zone out!). Now yes, I understand that there is a skill factor here where someone could easily just not get up until the coast is clear, but places like dynamis jeuno are just flat out difficult to farm with a WHM THF duo, and it would be a lifesaver if there was a method to get out of sticky situations. In other environments we already have this with Atma of the Apocalypse and the Twilight set and whatever the Atmacite is in Voidwatch. Arise was a great idea, but the fact is that in today's low man world, WHMs are very often the only healer present at an event, and they can't cast Arise on themselves.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    The solution to this puzzle is not a new spell, one only needs to suck less.
    (0)

Character
    Sofrid
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I actually agree with the OP.

Raise I/II/III are Lv25/56/70 for WHM. Years ago, Reraise I/II/III were Lv33/60/75. They didn't lower the RR to the R learned level until 2009, which meant that in any party that were <32, the WHM had to bring Reraise items (or the party grinds to a halt when WHM dies).

The Developers eventually fixed it, and I agree that there should be a self-cast version of Arise. Whether it'll be an easy thing to get is a different matter.
    (0)

Character
    Eliosha
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    After thinking about it a bit... I really like the idea.
    Either in Re-Rise form... or in a job trait. (and if the job trait was something that happened at 99 or any level >49... then the ramification of having a reraise I with the shorter weakened wouldn't be any sort of balance upset in terms of giving /whms the same benefit. In other words: it keeps whm unique from /whm by having a real whm's RR be "more potent".)

But dear god... if it's a trait... keep it from affecting raise.
    (which should be the simplest to implement a code like "if RRtrait, when raised by RR, then: timer lower" and that should only affect RR given to the whm... though such an implement would also affect a whm under book-RRs... I don't really think that matters.)
    (0)

Character
    Sofrid
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeQueenCory View Post
    After thinking about it a bit... I really like the idea.
    Either in Re-Rise form... or in a job trait. (and if the job trait was something that happened at 99 or any level >49... then the ramification of having a reraise I with the shorter weakened wouldn't be any sort of balance upset in terms of giving /whms the same benefit. In other words: it keeps whm unique from /whm by having a real whm's RR be "more potent".)

But dear god... if it's a trait... keep it from affecting raise.
    (which should be the simplest to implement a code like "if RRtrait, when raised by RR, then: timer lower" and that should only affect RR given to the whm... though such an implement would also affect a whm under book-RRs... I don't really think that matters.)
    It could be tied to the casting (remember there are RR items too). Also, make it so that the WHM must have the RR icon (so Auto-Reraise won't shorten the weakened timer).
    (0)

Character
    Calatilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadie-Odie View Post
    . With the way experience works in the game now it's not a critical need - any raise will do BUT it's still wicked nice. I feel a reraise version of Arise should follow the same principle: just as rare, not a critical need, but still wicked sweet to have.
    It's pretty much a required spell for a WHM trying to do Delve bosses, shouts always ask for WHM(Arise) same way they expect their DD`s to have megaboss weapons. It isn't for the experience return its for the lower weakness timer. The last thing WHM needs right now is another 15mil spell, I`d prefer a Job Trait.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2