Character
    Eice
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Returning player - Linkshell

Hello! My name is Eice, I'm coming back after being gone for quite a long while. I played back in 2006-2007, a very short time (maybe a month or two) in 2008. My Red Mage 75 was my only 75. Coming back I thought it would be months to get to 99 ... it took a few days.

Given that, since it was a subject of some people's thoughts on another topic ... I've decided to level another job to 99. I have not quite decided what job, but I've decided with how obnoxiously fast this was, that I can do it again. If it only took a few days to get 75-99, then it shouldn't take much more than like ... maybe a week to get a second job to 99? Or is that too optimistic?

Thoughts on a good next job would be appreciated. I'd like a job that could perhaps also have the ability to solo. I can solo on my rdm/nin just fine, but are there any jobs that are desirable these days that can also solo (perhaps faster)? I was -thinking- (in no particular order, but leaning towards Ninja):
    1. Dragoon - use my Nin and Rdm as subs? For melee oriented and solo oriented?
    2. * Ninja - I would have to level War and Dnc subs, but Nin itself is already 50 - I'm leaning towards this one
    3. Others? What do y'all think?

I only went to Altepa and haven't been to any of the others (I plan on traveling to each one to get the teleport, I found the guy in Jeuno that teleports and the moogle that gives you a warp scroll everyday ... crazy), but I don't know enough I don't think. I just sort of followed people and tried to keep up and by the time I could sort of stretch my knees everything was essentially over.

I still have the following things to do before I am back to the swing of things:

1. Redo all of my macros - So much new stuff, still only 6 macro slots for each ... I forget how to macro a full set of gear and also a spell in each macro ... how do we do that again?

2. Sort out all of my inventories and sell the now useless old equipment. I'm only sitting on 200k gil, but everything I have that used to be worth even a minor amount is now barely or not even worth five figures. I do have all my spells and decent AH armor (Teal set, iridial staff, decent earring/rings/back/waist/ammo)

3. Skill-up ... this is the only real part that makes me feel bad. My skills are bad. I don't recall them being that bad from before, but even going from 75-99 they are still very subpar. It's embarrassing where they're at, they're all right at about the level 75 cap give or take (I forget what the actual caps are, but I checked online). I knew I didn't have them capped when I quit, but the level 99 caps are crazy ... but, even though I helped, in the parties going from 75-99 they were all super super short and to be honest I didn't really end up doing a whole bunch when you compare it to what we'd do in a party back in the old days. So, the skills didn't really pop up to the caps while leveling ... this is my achilles heel.

So ... given how long this post probably is by now, to sum it up, is there any linkshell that would be willing to open the door for a returning player?

I do intend to level a second job to 99 (since I read that RDMs are out of desirability now?). I thought it was going to be like a year like with old ffxi leveling (to get a new job from 1-99), but after seeing what happened with my rdm ... I'm thinking I can bear the leveling. Maybe I can get a new job to 99 in a week?? That would make my laugh so hard if that was possible ... in that case I might even level a couple jobs to 99 .....
    (1)
    Last edited by Eice; 12-11-2012 at 11:30 PM.

Character
    Weiko
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Welcome back to the game!
    Send me a tell in game and ill give you a pearl Weiko~
    (0)