Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

[Test Server] Fully stocked auction house

Hi.
    On Test Server, would it be possible for the auction house to be fully stocked with all possible items? What I mean - players being able to buy any item that could normally be listed on AH in whatever quantity they need.
    It would help testing crafting especially, but also some of weapon/armor/food effects.
    Itherwise, in many instances you have to procure necessary items on real server and clone yourself to the Test Server if want to test something uncommon.
    (4)
    Last edited by Zirael; 12-07-2012 at 06:54 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Thank you for the suggestion, Zirael!

A system that hands out every item would be quite overwhelming for the development team and users alike. If we were to provide it, there is no way that thousands of items would be used for all the tests, so we don't feel this would be the best approach.

Currently, we would like players to utilize the items that the GM moogle provides, which are the bare necessities (weapons, armor, consumables).

If there are particular items that are essential and/or hard to obtain, please let us know and we will quickly hand them over to our GM Moogle for all of you!
    (5)

Okipuit - Community Team

I don't think every item should be available, but rare hard to obtain items that will help the users enjoy testing I think is worth looking into. That is the whole point of the test server, for users to come on and test what needs to be done, so having some incentives for players to log off the main servers and contributing would be nice.

You know what is rare and what players would want that aren't accessible through the GM moogles, so I don't think people need to be listing them off. If it helps though I guess there is no harm in doing it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Kalilla; 12-09-2012 at 11:08 AM.

Character
    Phaffi
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Don't know if they were added since the last time I was on the test server, but adding Panacea to the GM Moogle would be fantastic.

Pulse items and NM spawn (sky, sea, znm, voidwalker key items, HNM pops, limbus chips) items may also be fun.
    (3)

Character
    Zirael
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalilla View Post
    I don't think every item should be available, but rare hard to obtain items that will help the users enjoy testing I think is worth looking into. That is the whole point of the test server, for users to come on and test what needs to be done, so having some intensives for players to log off the main servers and contributing would be nice.

You know what is rare and what players would want that aren't accessible through the GM moogles, so I don't think people need to be listing them off. If it helps though I guess there is no harm in doing it.
    My reasoning was: You can't predict what every single person logging on test server wants to test. There is new content to be tested, but also there are all kinds of food with unknown stats and items with latent effects (anyone knows what triggers latent for Foolkiller?).

The idea of testing is to check/verify as many different permutations of conditions as possible.
    For example, if everyone interested in testing Coruscati (through Pulse Cells from AH, for example) effect had access to it on test server it wouldn't take several months of people saying "It's broken" and GMs saying "Working as intended" before a guy with enough resolve and stamina to test it thoroughly managed to get it on the real server and did all the testing. And the following version update we saw "Fixed Coruscati" in the notes.

Or when SE was raising the crafts level cap to 110 I was the first person (NA/EU at least) to get enough Guild Points on the real server to be able to buy the required key item. Then NPC told me I had to craft a signed White Stew. So I had to farm/buy items on real server and clone myself back to the test server to test this new content. People could've bought Guild items on test server, trade them for points and buy key item much faster than farming ingredients/items on real server.

The purpose of the test server is to test content. It would be easier if more of that content (any item buyable on AH) was readily available there. Otherwise I have to either buy items I want to use during testing myself (if it's worth more than 50-100k I probably wont bother), buy/farm materials->craft them or buy/farm materials->shout for crafter->pay for crafting.
    For example, if I wanted to test the Magic Accuracy+ on crepe foods - at the moment only Pear Crepe is available in AH on my server. All the other NQ/HQ crepes I would have to gather ingredients and get crafted myself. If I asked for all crepes food to be added to GM moogle, would you do that for me? What if another person wanted to test all gelatos? And yet another one chocolates, or muffins? There are currently ~200 items in this game with "Latent effect:". Most are known and deciphered, but for example Flock Earring (as far as I know) isn't. Would you add it to the list if someone asked?

Anyways, it was just a suggestion that I thought would help everyone - both SE and players, but if you consider it not worthwhile, I won't fall into despair. Also, I assumed it wouldn't be that hard to set all items on test server AH as fully stocked and auto-replenish every JP midnight or something like that. No PS2 limitations, after all. But if it's a lot of programming work, then your reluctance might be justified.
    (3)
    Last edited by Zirael; 12-08-2012 at 07:43 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    The Developer smiled and replied, "During the worst times, I was riding on your back and whipping you with a stick and laughing."
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    [...]-Dipper Yuly, Faithful Falcorr
    ※These pets will have a base of Treasure Hunter I, but by using equipment that has “Pet: Treasure Hunter +” the effect will become stronger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Okipuit View Post
    [...] There was no promise to create gear that would counter the reduction of treasure hunter on beastmaster pets Dipper Yuly and Faithful Falcorr.

Player
    Can you also add cactaur pet items to the GM Moogles? No mats means no 1k needle fun.
    (1)

For testing the new BST 2hour, it would be nice to have every sort of jug pet item available, I guess.

Alternatively, a command that generated an item out of nothing could be implemented.

It could be "/getitem "Lucky broth"" 12 for a stack of that item, for example. I guess there could be a problem with augmented items and items that have the same names as other items, such as the empyrean weapons and stuff, but we have other ways of obtaining those already.
    (0)

Phoenix Pinion?
    (0)

Character
    Sephoroth
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Phafi View Post
    Don't know if they were added since the last time I was on the test server, but adding Panacea to the GM Moogle would be fantastic.

Pulse items and NM spawn (sky, sea, znm, voidwalker key items, HNM pops, limbus chips) items may also be fun.
    Having new Nyzul 2.0 and Odin 2.0 items actually obtainable on the slips as well would be nice to have also(last time I was on they weren't) and for giggles whynot some multi hit weapons added to the moogle? Kraken club, Merc kris, Ridill, Merc pole, Quint spear, Merc greatsword, anything else I mighta missed. Pulse items and their HQ head pieces for set bonus would be wonderful also
    (0)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Sephoroth,

The Moogle Storage Slip for Nyzul II and Einherjar II is there, so the items included in it are indeed available.

As for the multi-hit weapons, wouldn't the Trial of the Magians weapons (which are available) suffice? I am aware of no Kraken Club equivalent, but for the other, 'lesser' types, there's a lot of options methinks.

As for what I think should be added, I can't think of anything right now so I will need to get back with that!
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast