Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99

Jobs that need to be fix ASAP.

Dev team there are jobs in this game that need some immediate attention. I initially made this link for the dancer job, there are others that need a fix up too(blu heres to you), but imma focus on my primary job the dancer. Admittedly this job lags so far behind the others in terms of performance whether it is dmg, curing, or enfeebling. It really infuriates me when ppl talk about this job being a waste of a spot, this that and the other of how its a meh job. Some of us, like me, put our all in this and love it dearly, but it is extremely insulting when ppl criticize my work and tell me im wasting my time on it. The truth of the matter is deep down I can see what they are saying, but this job has emmense potential but for some reason Dev team fears giving it any meaningful abilities that will make it stand out. Our healing is pointless when it come to higher dmg dealing mobs, Our dmg is pathetic for the most part on higher level mobs versus other jobs including nin, and our buffs/debuffs(debufs especially) are mediocure at best. Those steps dont give dnc any sort of leverage over anything at this point, soloing for the most part is pointless due to all the new tp moves mobs are getting. I am begging you Dev team fix this issue Through a major buff of our abilities as a main job be it a major step potency increase, dmg increase, healing, or hell seeing how far it lags behind the others, an across the board buff but would be MUCH appreciate it. You have to understand im sure im not the only one here who wants this job to flourish(no pun intended). All those who feel the same please comment. I would love so much for people to stop criticizing our hard work and for it to be appreciated for those who take the time to gear it to its lofty heights. Thank you in advance everyone.
    (6)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    DNC needs fixing? Are you sure you're playing the job correctly?
    (18)

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    lol im very good at this job actually, one of the best thank you, but uh.... It drasticly lacks in performance in regards to end-game content. Its just not desired at all and is seen as a waste of a slot. I seek to change this out-look of people and finally set dancer in the spot light with some of its most unique abilities boosted to more adequet levels, as to where they make more a diffrence in alliance settings. Just as an example, raising box to 18%(i suggested 20) i guess would be a start, not much but a start. Sambas lack to be honest with all the other haste objects. Drain has been a joke and still is a joke and needs a boost to be viable. Soloing is next to pointless now due to the fact that even bst can do better in dyna than we can, abyssea is all but dead and pointless now, and anything else that dancer may be a option for, the rewards are minimal to say the least. Dancer has many neat abilities that just are just not good enough to be wanted in any end-game content via a dancer main. Also like I said in my above post the dmg could use a change but you know for the most part im not too concernd on it seeing as I dont expect them to hit like war mnks and the sort cause that not how the game is set up. I do, however, want the job to finally come out of every other jobs shadow and get to do the part that Dev has neglected to build for sometime now which is team work with a party. Dancer can be a wonderful asset to end-game content if tweaked more.

P.S= People have been commenting on a change to the JA delay times. This also would help dnc since it suffes baddly in regards to dps cause of this.
    (1)
    Last edited by Deathrose; 11-22-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Quote Originally Posted by Zagen View Post
    DNC needs fixing? Are you sure you're playing the job correctly?
    I'm guessing there is some room for individual improvement, be that gear selection or playing style/strategies....especially after reading the bit about soloing being pointless. Just thumb through all the DNC solo strategies on the wiki's and you'll see what I mean.

Hell, even just /DNC makes some jobs near invincible in a LOT of situations. That alone actually made me think about taking it past 51 at one point, just to see what it was capable of as a main. Only reason I didn't was I kinda got burnt out after getting 10 jobs to 99 as is.
    (2)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

Character
    Zagen
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Deathrose View Post
    lol im very good at this job actually, one of the best thank you, but uh.... It drasticly lacks in performance in regards to end-game content.
    You mean like Legion?
    DNC, BLU, PUP, MNK, NIN, RDM, BST are all pretty useless there.

VW?
    DNC, SCH, RDM, PUP, BST, NIN, BLU are all usually shunned. BLU not as much.

NNI?
    If it isn't DRK, WAR, SAM, SCH good luck proving your worth on another job. Even after the changes most jobs will still be shunned due to the high luck factor of the event.

I'm sure I missed some jobs but you get the point... You're not the only job that doesn't fit in endgame and guess what that's always been how endgame worked some jobs just don't cut it.
    (14)

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I do realize that thats how it has been but I just see a lot that this job can do in regards to being beneficial to end-game such as legion and such. I guess im not a fan of the brunt of end-game being focalized around a couple jobs. Not everyone enjoys the jobs enough to gear them and spend the time it takes to prepare them for such events like their other jobs. Yes, I do happen to like the idea of DRK but for the most part the portion i like, the absorb spells, I dont see used much. Its all about auto atk and ws with a toss in of JA to keep haste and +atk every now and then, and even DRK can lack if not gear properly. My point is, Id like for more of those said useless jobs to shine in end-game events if geard right and the person playing is skilled enough to do them.

PS= In regards to NNI- Im 15/15 and got it all on dnc. in fact.... it was sch sch nin dnc mnk war that did it, but then again i dont count NNI as an end-game event.
    (1)
    Last edited by Deathrose; 11-22-2012 at 08:49 AM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Perhaps it would help to list the endgame events you feel dancer could use some boost, and what kind of boost. This way it is pretty clear why you feel dancer is not as useful for these events and what other ways it can be improved and why.
    (3)

Character
    Antanias
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    In b4 ppl come in and say RDM >_>
    (3)
    "Tonight on the Vana'diel Report, a poor innocent player lost a valuable 10-15 seconds of their lives by reading Antanias's signature."

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrose View Post
    WALL OF TEXT
    I mean no offense, but paragraphs and spacing your posts out better would make them much easier to read. Nothing worse than going crosseyed trying to read a huge blob of txt, no matter how interested you are in the topic
    (20)
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Yeah, scanning the OP I probably would agree with the general thrust of what he's saying, but I'll be damned if I'm actually going to bother reading that disaster.
    (4)

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast