Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Thelaughingman
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Rarabs... The giant beastarus that have long terrorized the Tarutaru since the beginning of time. There is no creature more insidious nor more evil, yetaru none as tasty.

There are many Tarutaru tales-wails that speak of rarabs delivering letters and repaying past kindnesses, but these are legends changed with time to hide the horrible-worrible truth. Rarab is an ancient Tarutaru word literally meaning "the bringer". But a literal translation of the ancient word misses the nuance that is implied, "the bringer" of destruction. Of course, this is why they "destroy" the old year at New Year's celebrations with their destructive, crushing hopping.

But perhapsy you are not convinced. Ask yourself, when Maat moonlights as a Beastmaster, which pet does he use? The legendary Mithran Tracker Shikaree X's pet is what?

And long ago when the Tarutaru subjugated the proud Elvaan, how did the Elvaan breaky-shakey free? They raised an army of rarabs! (Did you know that Ronfaure means rarab hole?) Although if you ask them, they'll just talk about how Ronfaure has a rabbit and hair infestation. What's a rabbit? And whataru does hair have to do with anything?

Perhaps I ramble-wamble.

There is no creature more fierce then a rarab. But among rarabs there is one that is the most strongest, meanest, biggestaru of them all - the Giant Rarab.

Common rarabs tower over a Tarutaru, but the Giant Rarab is even larger. The Giant Rarab causes earthquakes with a single bound, and can leap lakes and mountains. And it has but one goal - to bring the destruction of Jeuno.

I fought its minions looking to haltaru my progress in tracking it.

Hoping to stop it before it got to Jeuno, I found its large footprints.

Obviously, the only thing that could have left these would be the Giant Rarab itself.

However, I failed to stop it in timey-wimey! It hipped and it hopped all over Jeuno.

Fighting valiantly-gallantly, I struggled against the mightaru of the Giant Rarab.

When I finally engaged it, I stood in awe of how big it was! But I knew what had to be done.

After saving Jeuno single-handedly, I lugged-tugged the Giant Rarab over to M&P's Market, where surprisingly they had a potaru big enough to cook the whole thing, although they laughed at the idea of it being able to destroy Jeuno ("Not that big"?!). Sneaking some, I can tell you that the thoroughly tenderized rarab meat makes any dish taste great with a nice kick of victory.

Seriously, did you see that thing? It was giantaru!
    (0)

Character
    Phyisalis
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99

Marvin Stew With Dumplings.

I wanted to pick a beast that reminded me of the early days of abyssea. One of the first you and your comrades would run into. And I clearly remeber back then that this; this bunny from hell would distory all, on sight. It is decided Marvin Stew with a side of dumplings will be on the menu. I packed my Automaton pal, Serenade, and went off for the hunt.

I found him and went to work on him. Though he may be mangy-tailed, his round plumpness tells a differnt story

Immediately some of his own bunny friends joined in, but were no match for my Stringing Pummels and soon their meaty goodness will be going into the dumplings.

Marvin readies Wild Carrot! What cha-know, self-stuffings! All This and Marvin Stew.

Even Serenade joins in with a well timed Magic Mortar.

And finaly the deed is done. His pelt, after it is cleaned, will make a fine coat. His meat would be not only a tribute to the liveing but also the ones who are no longer with us. Marvin stew with dumplings will fill hungry tummys with ease.

Brace yourself. Winter is comeing.
    (2)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    One day I was strolling about Kazham, when I noticed the native Mithra preparing for a festival. I approached the Chieftaness to ask what the occasion was.

Turns out, a tribal holiday was approaching: a day marking the brave feats of an elite team of huntresses many ages before who slayed a giant legendary beast and saved the entire tribe from famine.

I asked if I could join in the festivities on the off chance that I may add another holiday to my experiences, and to my surprise the answer was yes! . . . on the condition that I brought something from my home land that could satisfy one course for the entire tribe. A Hurculean task, to be sure, but I remember something from my earlier days of adventuring that made the ground shake under even my taller Elvaan compatriots' feet.

I wonder how the Mithra of Kazham would enjoy feasting on Mutton?

To preserve the meat, I ensorcelled my dagger with something that would give the ram an ice surprise . . .

The beast went down faster than you could say "BAAAA!" I quickly shoved the thing in my Gobbiebag (this thing has held half the contents of my Mog House before; a ram should be a trifle by comparison), used a Scroll of Instant Warp to return to Jeuno, got funny looks by customs officers, and eventually made my way back to Kazham. You should've seen the look on the Chieftaness's face! (Unfortunately, my camera fingers were too slow . . .)

We made quick work eviscerating the beast, and prepared a sample meal. She ended up surprisingly fond of the haggis we prepared!

The feast went on all day and all night, other huntresses contributing their own prizes to the meals. It then went on for quite a few more days and more nights, even long after the ram had been reduced to naught but skin and bones. Turns out the legendary beast that saved the tribe was defeated by the huntresses by them waiting for it to fall asleep . . . and was able to go without sleep for up to a fortnight . . .
    (2)

BBQ Behemoth Beastkabobs

"Bring home the Behemoth?" Yooou got it! Comin' right up!

Nothin' says good eats like a tender portion'a savory shank, Southern (San d'Oria) style! My twist on this delicacy is perfect fer adventures 'n roastin' by the campfire on a chilly Thanksgivin' evenin'. BBQ Behemoth Beastkabobs are generous chunks'a tenderized savory shank marinated 'n slathered in mah secret spicy BBQ sauce, skewered with wild onions 'n Kazham peppers 'n paired deliciously with roasted sausage over the fire. Enjoy a cup'a hot chocomilk, cuddle up with yer sweetie 'n feast on mah backwoods BBQ Behemoth Beastkabobs! 'Cause us adventurers dun need none'a them fancy forks!

Now we jus' needs ourselves a beast. Hm...
    Best way ta catch big meat, is with big meat. This beastly shank oughta do it.
    A beastly shank fer a beastly spank! Ahahaha!

To the den~!
    (Wish I'da known mah lure meat would attract all the critters along the way... d'oh!)

Ah, there's a good 'un for the eatin', let's get 'im!

No better way ta tenderize yer meat than ta pulverize it with a large space rock plummetin' at the speed'a sound...

Thank you Altana fer this kill, blahblahblah... TIME TA HACK 'IM UP!

Cuddled with mah sweetie, tellin' stories and feastin' on the meats.

...Ahh! Orc stole mah bob! /fume

'N fer those'a us watchin' our waistlines this year...

Hahaha! /em strums her banjo. Enjoy, folks!
    (1)

Character
    Mcdougall
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95

Old times

Lets do this!!!!
    (0)

Character
    Mcdougall
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 95
    After chasing my meal for hours and hours he turned out to be a little tougher then i was planning. All though i found out if you throw some ice at him pieces tend to break off and he has a marvelous taste! Ever have those rock candys? A little salty but very sweet once you get past his outer shell
    (0)

Character
    Rosalee
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    My hunt began with the lesser beasts of the plateau:

Many had to be culled from the herd before the bait was fresh enough for their lord.

Finally, I was able to lure him out:

Thomas put up quite a struggle, but he makes quite a sumptuous stew with his marbled mutton chops! He also makes the ideal meat since he's large enough to feed an entire alliance, and everyone (but vegetarians) loves marbled meat!
    (2)
    Current Quest Counter: 2109!

Thanks for all the awesome entries! We will be announcing the winners early next week after the Community Team has selected the winning entries.
    (5)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3