Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Wonton
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

The Hunt

The following journal, along with a parcel containing a quantity of magically-preserved meat, was found just outside the granite door in Ranguemont Pass by a San d’Orian guard named Perchond, As per the instructions on the wrapping, the journal was forwarded unopened to the Community Team and the meat was sent to the feast preparation kitchen to be used in the main course.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Whilst contemplating the forthcoming feast, I remembered a quote in an ancient tome I possess: “Eat the head of the wise, and his wisdom you shall gain! Like eating food whence to gain nourishment.” What better method to determine the truth of this than to consume a monster of high intelligence? I shall record my progress here.

My inquiries have led me to a tremulous San d’Orian, a pitiable fellow suffering from chiropteraphobia. He has pointed me in the direction of Ranguemont Pass where, he claims, dwells a monster of high magic skill. From the gentleman’s apocryphal description, it would seem to be naught but brainpan and vestigial limbs. A serendipitous development…

I was beginning to believe the San d’Orian had used a chant of falsities to summon his own private exterminator, but the fiend is nigh!

Clearly vile but perhaps not so intelligent, the beast fell quickly. But how ignominious to arrive at the banquet toting nugatory nutriment…. In order to ensure succulence as well as sagacity, I have just now eaten a large serving. To my immediate chagrin, the taste was unpleasant in the extreme. The texture was that of an unripe apple. The flavor was a dark and bitter tongue’s bane. I feel no effects as yet.

I have come to a dead end. Strange, I thought this the path to egress. Concentration is difficult and weariness is overcoming me. The battle taxed me more than I suspected. This place seems oddly comfortable…I will rest here for now. On the morrow, we shall see.
    (2)

Character
    Luministia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

La Flayer Tentacle-Soup

As a chef, I am always on the lookout for new and exotic dishes.

I've got it! Now for the final ingredient and my dish will be complete. That didn't go as planned...

I'm back and this time I've brought some muscle to do the dirty work. You don't stand a chance!

Success! I shall call my new dish "La Flayer Tentacle-Soup"!

In celebration of my new dish I will let my husband have the honer of first taste before I am crowned head chef of the feast... this... year... um...

La Flayer Tentacle-Soup
    sticky, slimy, gooey, squishy, salty, and extremely sour
    might be slightly poisonous

Warring, may case the following:
    dizziness, fainting, nausea
    (0)

Character
    Luministia
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

La Flayer Tentacle-Soup

As a chef, I am always on the lookout for new and exotic dishes.

I've got it! Now for the final ingredient and my dish will be complete. That didn't go as planned...

I'm back and this time I've brought some muscle to do the dirty work. You don't stand a chance!

Success! I shall call my new dish "La Flayer Tentacle-Soup"!

In celebration of my new dish I will let my husband have the honer of first taste before I am crowned head chef of the feast... this... year... um...

La Flayer Tentacle-Soup
    sticky, slimy, gooey, squishy, salty, and extremely sour
    might be slightly poisonous

Warring, may case the following:
    dizziness, fainting, nausea
    (10)

Character
    Abelos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    For an out of this world meal, you have to get your main course from... out this world, right? We headed down to the Silver Sea Remnants to see what tasty treat we could get from the other side. It took a little persuading, but an Archaic Rampart eventually sent us something from beyond! A tasty... Sand Lizard? Well, as I said, it'll be an out of this world taste, but we'll be sure to wash all the sand off before putting it in the oven... ^^;

(0)

Character
    Abelos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Hmm, first time using flickr... let's try this...
    (0)

Character
    Abelos
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I'll... just post the link... /panic

http://www.flickr.com/photos/90506573@N02/
    (0)

Character
    Jilly
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 50

Mithra loves fishy
    Adventure wise it'll taste better then anything else because its a fishy!!!
    The key to getting it was being very sneaky
    (0)

Player
    A decade ago, I decided to hunt the tastiest meat known. A well traveled Moogle friend named Apie, whose various adventures across many lands and realms, would surely know of the tastiest flesh.

I traveled to her Windurstian home, where I learned the tastiest meat was Gluttonous Gertrude, a notorious monster located east of the coastal town of Limsa Lominsa on an island in the continent of Eorzea. Her stubborn friend, the Orcish Dredvodd, introduced her to it, since he practically lives there. She wouldn't guide me there, for she claimed it was a doomed land.

After we parted, I searched yet found nothing on Eorzea, nor of this Dredvodd fellow. The Orcs in Ghelsba Outpost surely know him. At the central high point I came across the Warchief named Vatgit who said his bloody assistant Vrukwuk keeps a list of every Orc in Vana'diel, however, he's elusive and can never be found. So I waited...and waited...and waited...until he appeared. I approached him and asked to see his list. He struck me with his staff, exclaiming he was tired of being confused with Vatgit's other assistant Mozzfuzz, the actual keeper of the list. Vrukwuk couldn't take me to Mozzfuzz, for where there is one, the other is not. He stated that Mozzfuzz is known to frequent the tent near the entrance to Fort Ghelsba.

There I found the fogweaver who was removing Warder Footsoldier from the list since he was leaving Vana'diel, never to return. Once they finished, I asked the weaver of fogs about Dredvodd. He said not much is known, but he's been seen, more than once, on the Phanauet Channel barge.

I rode that barge for over 9 years, then to my surprise, an Orc jumped aboard. He wanted to battle, I pleaded no, he wouldn't listen, he was being so stubborn, he had to be Dredvodd. Upon my victory he explained that Eorzea is on a planet named Hydaelyn. He advised against going there because Bahamut exploded out of their red moon, which was supposed to crash onto Hydaelyn, and started attacking everything. He plans to return to Eorzea in 5 years to see how things are.

The tastiest meat in Vana'diel Dredvodd had ever devoured was a deadly dodo that appears in Sauromugue Champaign to avenge the death of Tabar Beaks. After thanking him, he rewarded me a belt with 96 Tathlums for besting him. He spotted me eyeing his wonderous pair of boots and said, "Boots for Dredvodd...next battle me lose...maybe me give...maybe..." He laughed and jumped off the barge.

After countless slain Tabar Beaks, the dodo appeared and lived up to his reputation, for the battle nearly ended my life. 'Twas worth it, the meat resembled M&P Chicken, but tasted better than Diatryma minus it's infamous awful smell. It took nearly ten years to learn of the tastiest meat and I regret nothing...well, maybe I do regret spending over 9 years on a barge looking for that damn Orc...
    (2)

Character
    Ruairin
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

A Feast for the Fishes

The most important thing when planning a feast is choosing a main dish that will satisfy a large number of people. The Culinarian's Guild in Windurst has a great selection of officially sanctioned recipes for one's perusal, but sometimes you just want to try something different! For that, the Optistery is the best place to find unusual research into gustatory experiments. It's not all just dusty tomes on the arcane arts!

Ah hah! Here's a book written before the time when crystals were used for all manner of crafting. And this recipe! So exotic! It could prove a challenge, but won't the dinner guests be impressed?

Herb-Roasted Orobon
    1x Cutlet of Orobon
    2x Holy Basil
    1x Sage
    1x Olive Oil
    1x Rock Salt
    Cook evenly over an open fire until crisply browned.

Everyone knows that the freshest ingredients are best, but sometimes harvesting them yourself can be a challenge. Fortunately, there are plenty of markets all around the world ready to supply you with locally grown ingredients!

I'll take three of everything!

The Silver Sea is filled with vibrant and delicious fish. One needs only to take a boat and cast a line before they're rolling in a proverbial smorgasbord. The Orobon is common in the Silver Sea and not difficult to catch at all!

Bringing the massive beast home, however, is another problem...

Preparing the meal was more difficult than expected. The Orobon's skin is tough to cut through and its smell leaves much to be desired. It's difficult to tell what's what inside an Orobon. Is that a delectable morsel or a bitter liver? Why is everything pink? Is it really supposed to be bubbling like that? Gah, my fingers have gone numb!

After much trial and tribulation, the ingredients were finally prepared. But where to find an open flame? The Culinarian guild was none too impressed with my dish and the MHMU expressly forbade me from setting a fire in my Mog House. Fortunately, the Yagudo tribe in West Sarutabaruta were kind enough to lend me one of their campfires.

With my two good friends to help me, we managed to roast that orobon to a delightfully browned toast. But how did it taste?

Paralytic!

In retrospect, it was probably not a good idea to prepare a fishy meal without any skill in raw fish handling! I won't be passing that rank test...

I can't say I recommend herb-roasted orobon at all! The taste was bland (at least I assume so, on account of my tongue being completely numb). And no amount of salt and herbs can disguise that fishy smell! Maybe it's best to stick with the sanctioned Culinarian guild recipes in the future...

Oh well! The feast wasn't ruined. After all, when it comes to Thanksgiving, it's not the food that counts, but the people you share it with. Even though we ended up having to eat at the Shararat Teahouse, we didn't really mind. Because we were eating together~

(8)

Character
    Cheweh
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

I set out with my faithful companion Carbuncle in search of a beast for the feast.. "I can't believe dearest wants raptor for our feast! These things will tear us to shreds! What ever shall we do Carbuncle?!" Then, as we were hiding in the bushes we smell something yummy lingering in the air.

We followed the scent that lead us to a goblin cooking what smelt like barbecued raptor! We hid behind some rocks and decided to wait until he fell asleep to steal the goblin's feast. "This most certainly will please dearest!" I whispered to Carbuncle.

"Quick Carbunle he's asleep! let's grab it!"

Carbuncle and I come home to dearest and present to her, her raptor feast. We tell her a tale of how we slayed the vicious beast with our bear hands!

She samples the meat and cries "Blaahhh!!! This tastes like it's been seasoned by a goblin with mushrooms, heavy salt, and newts!"
    (1)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast