Character
    Dumathoin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 42

Tanking for a returning team

Hello All,

Myself and 2 others have recently returned to Vana'Diel and we're running around having a good time at low levels, but we're recently looking at moving up to the 20-30 range. (I've level Thf a bit above the group for farming purposes). So far I've been tanking for our group as a War/mnk or more recently war/dnc.. But I'm curious as to what the community thinks I should level to tank for my group.

When I was playing before all the groups were fighting IT/VT mobs and had to have either a nin or a pld. I'm curious as to what the current tank is now. I've done alittle research and seen alot of "hate cap" etc etc but I don't think I'll run into that for quite awhile yet.

Right now our group consists of me (tank, undecided as to class yet) a Redmage(or Blm also undecided) and a Summoner/Whm. We're not opposed to others joining our group, but this is our static set-up.

the TLR version trying to figure out a "best" tank for a small group.

Thanks much for your time everyone, and I look forward to your feedback!
    (0)

Don't really need to have a specific tank when the targets are below even match. Anything with a decent evasion rating will do. dnc, mnk, thf, nin, sam all work.

When you do get to the point where you need a real tank, monk, nin, thf and dnc all work well in abyssea. Pld is good for non-abyssea things and abyssea things that are very heavy on nukes, particularly AoE nukes. Nin also does well outside of abyssea on some stuff.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 11-22-2012 at 12:39 AM.

3. 11-22-2012 12:37 AM
    Reason
    CLicked new reply instead of edit.

Character
    Dumathoin
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    THF Lv 42
    Thanks Mirage, Having played alittle longer you're absolutely correct. I came from a time where everyone was fighting IT's and VT's instead of Decent Challenges. I haven't yet gotten to Abbyssea yet, but I think I'll be good.
    For anyone else who's interested in coming back. Tanking is not an issue. =)
    (0)