Thread: Quests in 2012

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

Quests in 2012

Im a Lv22 galka warrior and new to Vana'diel. Ive found partying up easy enough for grinding levels and have my head around most of the game-play mechanics. What im worried about is not finding a party willing to go through storyline quests. Ive just done the first 3 quests and im on the Asura server.

I feel, even if i could, i would ruin the story/quest experience by just going solo. Is there anyone that hasnt done the storyline quests yet or fancy another play-through?

Also, and this is kinda linked to playing this game in 2012. I want to sub the monk job cause i read they gain TP faster (handy for my warrior techniques)...but because of the solo nature of the game now should i sub white mage for healing?

Any advise would be great.
    (0)

Character
    Tsukinokaji
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Most missions for all of the expansions, including the basic cities are solo'able. You'll want to make sure you have some source of sneak and invisible, most people use ninja or dancer, sub or main. It's all the same. They're more usable because they don't cause magic agro like the sneak and invisble spells from whm, rdm and sch.
    The best advice I'd say would be to get yourself to 99 first, skill up and get some gear. Then you access to missions will be easier.
    (0)

sub DNC, not whm. only time I would suggest /whm is level 1-10 and prob only for a taru who gets a bonus to base mp so can get off more than 1 cure before needing to wait for mp to replenish (sadly galka get the worst mp pool in game, though they gain huge amounts of str and HP instead).

Also: only time i would sub mnk is again lv1-10/15.. only time i would suggest mnk past that is maybe for pup and dnc

Edit: As for missions, I would help but on wrong server lol. Sadly even if you did the missions as a group, still wouldnt feel like what they used to back when the level cap was 75.. and people HAD to go as a party (now you basically 1 shot anything in the mission fights). Made me so sad when I redid CoP missions for my whm mule and soloed it all.. considering those fights used to take a lot of planning (and some level of skill)
    (0)
    Last edited by Mayoyama; 11-12-2012 at 03:03 PM.
    As I stand looking out from my mog house window, I reminisce about the old days and the many ups and downs of my adventures throughout Vana'diel.

It is then that I know achievement.

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsukino_Kaji View Post
    You'll want to make sure you have some source of sneak and invisible, most people use ninja or dancer, sub or main. It's all the same. They're more usable because they don't cause magic agro like the sneak and invisble spells from whm, rdm and sch.
    The best advice I'd say would be to get yourself to 99 first, skill up and get some gear. Then you access to missions will be easier.
    Im guessing then finding someone to partner up with for missions wont be easy, just think it would be alot more fun with one or two others traveling with me. Im about to do the subjob quest but i assume i have to progress in the missions before i get access to the more advanced jobs? I couldnt image my Galka character as a stealthy ninja or a pretty drancer...although the dancer does look handy for healing and curing waltz. Does the dancer as a sub job offer any invisibility?

Quote Originally Posted by Mayoyama View Post
    sub DNC, not whm. only time I would suggest /whm is level 1-10 and prob only for a taru who gets a bonus to base mp so can get off more than 1 cure before needing to wait for mp to replenish (sadly galka get the worst mp pool in game, though they gain huge amounts of str and HP instead).

Also: only time i would sub mnk is again lv1-10/15.. only time i would suggest mnk past that is maybe for pup and dnc

Edit: As for missions, I would help but on wrong server lol. Sadly even if you did the missions as a group, still wouldnt feel like what they used to back when the level cap was 75.. and people HAD to go as a party (now you basically 1 shot anything in the mission fights). Made me so sad when I redid CoP missions for my whm mule and soloed it all.. considering those fights used to take a lot of planning (and some level of skill)
    Same thing again, im assuming i cant sub advanced jobs till later in the quests? Guess i could sub the mnk job till then.

In general then i should be gearing my character up for solo play and not as the tank/damage dealer in a group? Once i have access to the advanced jobs, whats the recommended main and sub job combination and why? This is assuming i should change my main as warrior to one of the advanced jobs and leveling up again.

Thanks for the advise guys ^____^
    (0)
    Last edited by Amaroq; 11-12-2012 at 08:22 PM.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    Im guessing then finding someone to partner up with for missions wont be easy, just think it would be alot more fun with one or two others traveling with me. Im about to do the subjob quest but i assume i have to progress in the missions before i get access to the more advanced jobs?
    nope character progression and storyline are totally unrelated, can lvl all the way to 99 without touching missions
    only need one job lvl30 and acces to area (and sometime some local fame) to do advanced job quests
    I couldnt image my Galka character as a stealthy ninja or a pretty drancer...although the dancer does look handy for healing and curing waltz. Does the dancer as a sub job offer any invisibility?
    spectral jig lvl25 (50 if dnc is set as sub)
    (1)

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    nope character progression and storyline are totally unrelated, can lvl all the way to 99 without touching missions
    only need one job lvl30 and acces to area (and sometime some local fame) to do advanced job quests

spectral jig lvl25 (50 if dnc is set as sub)
    Lol...does dancer do just about everything! I knew subjobs were capped at half but didnt realise that the job level you had to be at for the abilities doubled. Noticed the dancer also allows me to duel wield. Im guessing subjobs level up pretty fast since my main job will be at higher level and allow me to kill tough monsters for high exp?

Im thinking a samurai with dancer subjob might make a good combination.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaroq View Post
    Lol...does dancer do just about everything! I knew subjobs were capped at half but didnt realise that the job level you had to be at for the abilities doubled. Noticed the dancer also allows me to duel wield. Im guessing subjobs level up pretty fast since my main job will be at higher level and allow me to kill tough monsters for high exp?

Im thinking a samurai with dancer subjob might make a good combination.
    Subjobs don't level at all. You can use any job as a subjob, but you need to level those jobs as a main job first. If you don't plan on going all the way with a job, leveling it to 49 will suffice since main/sub levels are capped at 99/49.
    DNC as a subjob is mainly used for solo play, in particular in dynamis.

Also consider leveling RDM to 49, but don't bother leveling it further. It's the ideal subjob for mages and some cases melee, but noone wants it for high end since it lacks anything that isn't done better by other melee and mages. Oh, and the devs are adding two more jobs with RDM-like qualities in the next expansion.
    RDMs have a lot of staying power, but unfortunately that goes both ways... the enemy isn't dying anytime soon either.
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Amaroq
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    Subjobs don't level at all. You can use any job as a subjob, but you need to level those jobs as a main job first. If you don't plan on going all the way with a job, leveling it to 49 will suffice since main/sub levels are capped at 99/49.
    ...and there was me thinking leveling up subjobs would be a piece of cake, figured that was too easy. Thanks for the heads up ^____^
    (0)