Player

Shortening respawn timers in original beastmen strongholds.

This is something that's been brewing for a while, thinking of a way to present this, where to throw it, etc. I'm aware that Thief has Treasure Hunter traits, and things of that sort to enhance drop rates across the board, but there are certain... imbalances in the way areas like the Beastmen strongholds are handled.

Writing this while attempting to farm up a scroll of Carnage Elegy for my BRD, I realized that original beastmen strongholds (Castle Oztroja, Davoi, Beadeaux, Castle Zvahl) are still stuck on the original 16 minute respawn schedule, while later strongholds (Temple of Uggalepih, Sea Serpent Grotto, Quicksand Caves) are now on the newer, 5 minute respawn schedule, due to the addition of Grounds of Valor regimes to said areas.

The suggestion I have would be simple, add in Grounds Tomes, regimes and the like to the original beastmen strongholds (maybe with the missing craft skill torques?) and reduce the respawn timers on enemies in the affected areas. This would also help make these areas more popular, especially should you add in the missing crafting skill torques to these areas.
    (22)
    Last edited by Terasan; 11-05-2012 at 11:57 AM. Reason: Title derp

Character
    Narbzilla
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I would also like to see this happen!
    (3)

Character
    Mikumaru
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    There are a ton of "Dead" Areas in this game and the addition of GoV/FoV and/or 5 minute respawns would breathe new life into them .
    unrelated note : if you could make Sea Items augmentable like Sky/Abj. items this would be fantastic .
    (1)

Character
    Kincard
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    If they're going to look at ever adjusting the beastmen lairs, I would really love it if they could also add a quick-travel method to these areas, because I'm tired of having to walk to them in order to trade my ancient currency into 100s. Walking to all three of them, even using the closest available VW warps, probably sucks up something like 30 minutes to an hour of my time.
    (4)

Character
    Rustic
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I think part of the reason for the slower respawn is to help protect newer players trying to do their rank-up quests. As for travel, I think we just got the answer in the form of Proto-Waypoints.
    (0)
    Old-time player, new-time character- Ragnarok server.