Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Adjustments to Embrava and Perfect Defense

Greetings everyone!

As was previously mentioned, with the addition of the new special abilities as well as the shortening on the cool down timers for the current special abilities, we are planning to adjust the effects of both Embrava and Perfect Defense. The adjustments will be reflected in this week’s Test Server update, but I’d like to share the information with you beforehand.
    • Embrava:
      • Effect duration: Currently 5 minutes → Adjusted to 90 seconds
      • Haste: Currently 1% increase for every 15 enhancing skill points → Adjusted to 1% increase for every 20 enhancing skill points. Maximum of 25% at 500 skill
      • Regain Effect: While the value will remain unchanged, the Regain effect will be changed to Refresh.
    • Perfect Defense:
      • Effect duration: Currently 90 seconds → Adjusted to 30 seconds. +1 sec for every 20 summoning skill points, maximum of 60 seconds with 600 skill (30 seconds +30 seconds)
      • Effect: No change

Along with the above adjustments, the content that featured these abilities heavily into their strategies will see adjustments as well.
    • Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
      We'll be reducing the number of Astrariums necessary to exchange for equipment from 25 to 5.
      *As a result of this, the number of Astrariums players have in possession will be reduced by 1/5.

The idea that you'll need some luck on your side to reach level 100 will not change. While we expect that the number of floors reachable and the frequency will decrease due to the adjustments to Embrava, we decided to balance this by reducing the number of Astrariums required for equipment.

• Legion
      Monster HP will be reduced by around 10%

This will be applied to all monsters, and adjusted so the overall pace will become faster making it possible to defeat close to the same amount of monsters as before within the 30 minutes time limit.

• Einherjar
      Odin's Chamber II: Odin's HP will be reduced by around 10-15%.

As this is different from Legion and only a single monster battle, we will be adjusting the HP on a slightly larger range.

Besides the above content, Perfect Defense and Embrava are utilized for Arch Dynamis Lord and Provenance Watcher; however, the battle times for these monsters are relatively short, so we would like to monitor the battle situation at their current difficulty.

All of these adjustments will be implemented during the Test Server update this week, but we will continue to look at balance and make adjustments as needed.
    (11)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    I would pay real money to see the community reps get facerolled by ADL. Bonus for saying afterward that everything is working as intended.
    (42)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    The title has a typo "Pefect Defense".
    (2)

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Thanks SE, as if it wasn't already hard enough to get Botulus to drop my stupid Katana, now I'll never see it. R.I.P. Mul.

The problem with Legion isn't the monsters, the problem is how long it takes to do Buffs. Also Embrava is useless now, no one needs refresh, 25% haste can easily be supplied by a bard, and regen never made a difference in legion...
    (23)
    Last edited by Daniel; 10-24-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Well we knew the nerf was coming, but at least there was some consideration for content. I didn't love being dependent on 2 abilities anyways.
    (5)

Character
    Sargent
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Besides the above content, Perfect Defense and Embrava are utilized for Arch Dynamis Lord and Provenance Watcher; however, the battle times for these monsters are relatively short, so we would like to monitor the battle situation at their current difficulty.
    Can I just point out that the reason the battle time for ADL is short is because if it's not dead by the time PD is off, you are. Most times I have done ADL, any kind of support we have gets slaughtered by the massively damaging AoEs that have a massive range. I can't even use Pet Commands without being in range of almost everything, that range however is much smaller than magic casting range, which is still deep within it's AoE range. ADL needs to be adjusted.
    (53)
    SMN99/SAM99/DNC99/PLD99/THF99
    Summoning magic skill: 545
    Hvergelmir 90

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Instead of changing the Regain to Refresh should have just added Faith that would give Fast Cast, MAB and Refresh. Have it and Embrava override each other so you can't have both up.
    (12)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Minor HP adjustments to some of the the mobs? That's it for mob changes? Seriously? Perfect Defense is being nerfed and yet nothing is being done about the "vomit horrible steaming death every 5 seconds" nature of the higher end mobs? That seems a bit... unbalanced.
    (48)

Character
    Pimpchan
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So people will do legion even less (noone does it already, fail content), F80 nyzul is nearly impossible, and ADL is farmable only with 500 ish skill on your SMNs. I would suggest to at least double the drop rate on odious items that are used to pop ADL. Also suggesting to put 2 ??? at ADL pop NMs to speed things up.
    (2)

Ultimate DPS simulator
    https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B7wbcilaHsTecldhZm94a1gtZnM/edit

[*]Perfect Defense:
    • Effect duration: Currently 90 seconds → Adjusted to 30 seconds. +1 sec for every 20 summoning skill points, maximum of 60 seconds with 600 skill (30 seconds +30 seconds)
    • Effect: No change
    I hope you understand that 600 SMN skill is impossible to reach with all the gear and merits combined. I tried to math out the max possible skill in a gearset: http://www.ffxiah.com/item-sets/276735
    I can't even reach 550 skill with that. How does your source expect anyone to hit 600 skill?

Also, what about embrava and perfect defense was game breaking that needed duration nerfs?
    I expected Perfect Defense to have a nerf of @500 skill: 50% Damage taken stacks with Damage Taken gear. (effectively nerfing it to help but not be nearly as huge as before) Duration unchanged.
    I expected embrava to be nerf'd with regain will be removed and haste cap'd at 25%. the rest unchanged.
    Duration changes on these 2hr spells makes them near useless, akin to NIN 2hr.
    (37)
    Last edited by Chimerawizard; 10-24-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Page 1 of 47 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast