Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
    Hello everyone!

I would like to share a message from Producer Akihiko Matsui in regards to the adjustments for Perfect Defense and Embrava.

Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hello. Matsui here.

I apologize, but I wasn’t able to secure any time to respond to this topic in full today due to meetings, so I will start off by just informing you all of the conclusion that we made and the reasons for the decision regarding the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava.

We will be holding off on implementing the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava in the upcoming version update. (The battle content adjustments that were based on the adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava will still be implemented as planned.)

At the time of last week’s post we had been moving forward based on the idea that we would be implementing these adjustments in the December version update; however, considering the below points we have decided to push it back it.
    • We have not explained the thorough reasoning to all of you posting and reading the official forums, nor have we explained to the entire community who browse and operate fan sites.
    • It was thought that these adjustments would be implemented in conjunction with the new special abilities.

The amount of text for the specific explanation as well as the future plan has become quite large, so I’d like to take some time tomorrow and the next day to get everything organized (I’m a slow writer).

Thank you very much.
    (39)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

That's pretty interesting.
    (0)

612 wharf ave next to the gentlemen's club.
    Character
    Tyrantsyn
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    He actually wants to take the time and explain it too us? That's a change of pace. Tho the explanation of why embrava is going from a Regain to a Refresh would be a welcome explanation.
    (4)

Character
    Cowardlybabooon
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99
    Holy crap, get your Nyzul group ready. We will get the new floor jumps and items at 80 while embrava is still 12.5 mins!
    (0)

Character
    Dekar
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The thing that really scares me is the fact they admit to not having explained their entire reasoning behind it. Shouldn't they have done that first?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Cowardlybabooon View Post
    Holy crap, get your Nyzul group ready. We will get the new floor jumps and items at 80 while embrava is still 12.5 mins!
    Shhh, let's try to not make SE think twice about this.
    (6)

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    imo it shows that the producer finnaly got around to listening to us.

as for the reasoning, Embrava and PD are overpowered is the reason they need a nerf, but the holding off on it is probably more to do with the way they are adjusting the content is nowhere near enough to offset the loss of PD and Embrava (especially in legion)

it's positive either way.
    (4)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Thank you for taking the time to actually listen to our feedback. And really appreciate that the Director is willing to give us full proper explanation on the reasoning behind it. I am really glad at this change of attitude, and wish that this will be the tone moving forward. Embrava is not just used on endgame, but it is quite convenient to use on other things as well in abyssea and outside. It is one of the best 2 hours ever designed in this game, why not use it as aspiration on how to design the perfect 2 hours ability and implement it forward to other jobs.
    (6)

Character
    Unctgtg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Update is probably next week since xmas stuff usually comes with update.
    (0)
    99 Drk, 99 Sch, 99 Bst, 99 Geo and a ton of other jobs there
    110 +5 Bonecraft
    Level 99 Relic Scythe

Character
    Randwolf
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I hope they do this with all nerfs in the future, give a detailed reason. While few people play just one job anymore, for those that do, nerfs, like the one proposed, can really impact where they fit in on end game. And, please, never, ever, use the "balance" excuse. The jobs have become just way too complex to use that excuse.

Also, S/E, thanks for holding off on doing this.
    (4)
    All Jobs 99
    GS 54, BS 50, Alch 60, Bone 57, WW 60, Cloth 53, Cook 60, LC 60, Fish 51
    Playing Since NA PS2 Release

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast