Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    Character
    Shikaidaio
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    What?
    This adjustment makes no sense at all. The content no the two hours are properly scaled in the slightest bit. The difficulty of the events were barely changed but the two hours are nearly useless as of now. Also, why are Watcher and ADL unaffected? These events are going be unmanageable as of now considering they have tier IVs and other moves that need the full use of these 2hours. While some decrease in strength is in order the Regain -> Refresh adjustment isn't in the slightest bit logical.
    Are we going see further nonsensical adjustments in the future?

Mighty Strikes: Affected duration 45 seconds to 15 seconds. Adds Int.
    Benediction: No longer restores HP.
    Soul Voice: No longer enhances song effects. Adds accuracy.

Do not adjust the 2hours, that is all.
    (16)
    Last edited by Shikaidaio; 10-24-2012 at 06:30 AM.

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I know what I said, I don't need you to attempt to correct me.
    I didn't try to correct -what- you said. But since everyone keeps calling for the heads of the community reps it isn't an unfair point to make that they have just as much control over game mechanics as we do.

That said, "meh."
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Llana_Virren View Post
    I didn't try to correct -what- you said. But since everyone keeps calling for the heads of the community reps it isn't an unfair point to make that they have just as much control over game mechanics as we do.

That said, "meh."
    I didn't call for anyone's head, I simply stated that I would pay money to see the reps get rolled by ADL and never specified where the "working as intended" comment would come from, but I assumed we were all on the same page in that the developers make the decisions.

Meh indeed.
    (2)

Character
    Llana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Caketime View Post
    I didn't call for anyone's head, I simply stated that I would pay money to see the reps get rolled by ADL and never specified where the "working as intended" comment would come from, but I assumed we were all on the same page in that the developers make the decisions.

Meh indeed.

I'd rather watch the dev team give it a shot, on 360s, outside of laboratory conditions.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If you can't out-claim someone who's AFK, you need to find a new game to play.

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    i suggested Community Reps because we all know the devs don't play.
    (9)

Character
    Onimenokyo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    This is a bit too much, alot of current content is barely winnable even with the crutch of the current 2hrs. Such severe nurfs will only make more content and gear inaccessible to players. And return SMN and SCH to their earlier pariah status as they have little use outside of their current 2hours.
    (9)

Player
    Uh, what the hell at changing regain to refresh. Way to screw over rangers who at least wanted SOME benefit from the spell. Now embrava is completely useless to them. You could have at least reduced the haste value more and kept the regain.
    (14)

Character
    Siiri
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Smn nerf is fine. Sch may be a bit harsh but something needed to be done about embrava. The adjustments to content need to be reevaluated. It doesn't address the issues as to why people need PD and embrava.
    (10)

Character
    Zuidar
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!
    • Embrava:
      • Effect duration: Currently 5 minutes → Adjusted to 90 seconds
      • Haste: Currently 1% increase for every 15 enhancing skill points → Adjusted to 1% increase for every 20 enhancing skill points. Maximum of 25% at 500 skill
      • Regain Effect: While the value will remain unchanged, the Regain effect will be changed to Refresh.
    • Perfect Defense:
      • Effect duration: Currently 90 seconds → Adjusted to 30 seconds. +1 sec for every 20 summoning skill points, maximum of 60 seconds with 600 skill (30 seconds +30 seconds)
      • Effect: No change

Along with the above adjustments, the content that featured these abilities heavily into their strategies will see adjustments as well.
    • Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
      We'll be reducing the number of Astrariums necessary to exchange for equipment from 25 to 5.
      *As a result of this, the number of Astrariums players have in possession will be reduced by 1/5.

The idea that you'll need some luck on your side to reach level 100 will not change. While we expect that the number of floors reachable and the frequency will decrease due to the adjustments to Embrava, we decided to balance this by reducing the number of Astrariums required for equipment.

• Legion
      Monster HP will be reduced by around 10%

This will be applied to all monsters, and adjusted so the overall pace will become faster making it possible to defeat close to the same amount of monsters as before within the 30 minutes time limit.

• Einherjar
      Odin's Chamber II: Odin's HP will be reduced by around 10-15%.

As this is different from Legion and only a single monster battle, we will be adjusting the HP on a slightly larger range.

Besides the above content, Perfect Defense and Embrava are utilized for Arch Dynamis Lord and Provenance Watcher; however, the battle times for these monsters are relatively short, so we would like to monitor the battle situation at their current difficulty.

All of these adjustments will be implemented during the Test Server update this week, but we will continue to look at balance and make adjustments as needed.

my thoughts on Embrava changes: I really think that changing the effects of the Regain to Refresh would render 1 part of Embrava useless for our DDs because of this change. infact it's gonna be rendered completely useless for DDs apart the Regen effect that hasn't changed. It would if been fine if they lowered the effect of regain and kept it instead of refresh

My thoughts on Perfect Defense:
    +1 sec for every 20 summoning skill points, maximum of 60 seconds with 600 skill
    After seeing the above quote, I want to say is that I don't know or don't understand where you got the
    600 skill
    Idea from. At the moment, there aren't any means to even get to 600 skill for summoning magic, I'd like to add that there aren't any other skills in magic that could break the out of the 500 cap because from my understanding that one of them such as enhancing magic effects were capped at 500 skill. I don't understand them giving us this if 600 skill doesn't exist.
    I really don't think anyone would want to hear examples that doesn't exist or will not exist ( IE Pet Treasure Hunter gear)

For nyzul isle: Now I see that this change is good, however the main
    problemwere the Order Lamp floors which take the majority of time off than any other objectives, which wastes our tag This needs to be changed.
    Because of the changes of Embrava, you're taking away a big part our own skill and still leaving the luck part as is. It has to be looked on.

for legion: by just lowering all monster's HP by 10% is a bit less of a trade-off at the expense of our performance of our abilities that's being balanced. I really think so.
    (8)
    Last edited by Zuidar; 10-24-2012 at 06:59 AM.

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    So glad the DEVs don't play this game. Must be nice not knowing how great is their fail.
    (11)

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast