Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast
    Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Yinnyth View Post
    These nerfs were deserved, just handled clumsily. Bard and shock squall are probably next up on the chopping block, unfortunately for me.

Oh, side note... good luck on LB10 post nerf.
    LMAO please stop sharing good news on other jobs that are actually working as intended, keep these as SECRETS tactics from now on and stop sharing it to the public. As long as they are contained within older contents and abyssea, they seems to not even care one bit. This is why Embrava lasted for almost two years untouched since there were not that many events that require you use it as a defacto strategy apart from the occasional SCH solo NMs etc in Abysea. The more you bring up stories of how amazing jobs XYZ at certain events, the more they will come up with their crazy adjustments. When a job is working as intended for players, keep it to yourself, level that said job, gear it right, know how it works and have fun, but do not post it in the official forum and when people do, ignore the thread.
    (0)

Character
    Raksha
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I found SE's updated timeline:

(13)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    I want to say that there's a middle ground here but this isn't really middle ground. A lot of old systems were shit. Some new systems aren't much better. What's in the middle of shit and shit? More Shit. So no, I don't want a middle ground. I want something good.
    Quote Originally Posted by Landsoul View Post
    >Twilight Scythe is overpowered that's why we're nerfing it
    >Weapons with double damage compared to relic

LOGIC.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    \m/ (*.*) \m/ "THIS SOLUTION IS THE MOST METAL!" \m/ (*.*) \m/

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimerawizard View Post
    Things is messed up and only fixing embrava/PD won't fix the real issue. I don't want them fixed unless they will touch on the damage output of mobs as well. they gotta make things possible w/o PD~embrava then gimp them saying they're too powerful. not gimp pd/embrava making events impossible then a year later or more later fix the events.
    Yes, they still refuse to acknowledge the elephants in the room, and only do the minimal adjustment to mob HP when their abilities and critical hit rate are the few things that force people to rely on Embrava + PD strategy. That's all they have been doing since Legion inception. Cut the mob HP, keep their ability to one shot everyone in two hits or less with a huge AOE range.
    (2)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Greetings everyone!
    [list][*]Nyzul Isle Uncharted Area Survey
    *As a result of this, the number of Astrariums players have in possession will be reduced by 1/5.
    Please elaborate slightly on this. If I have 8 astrarium at the moment, will it be reduced to 1 or 2? Will 4 astrariums be reduced to 1 or 0?
    (0)

Hello!

As this topic has generated quite a large amount of feedback already, we will be doing our best to collect it all and deliver it to the development team.

A would like to, however, follow-up on a couple of things.

First, there is a question about the cap on summoning skill being 600 being a mistake; however, this is the correct number. While it might not be currently possible to reach this number, the development team set the cap to 600, so consider that there may be room to increase this in the future.

Next, keep in mind that these adjustments to Perfect Defense and Embrava were made with the idea that all special abilities’ cool down timers will be shortened. With that said, during this week’s Test Server update we are also planning on making adjustments so that the cool down timer on current and new special abilities will be halved. (We are also planning to make it possible to cut this time even further via equipment and merit points.)

We understand that these adjustments will change the usage of these abilities and may cause inconvenience to some, and we apologize for this. We would like to proceed with these adjustments carefully, so we will be looking closely at the feedback we receive. Also, we realize that there are a good amount of people who oppose these changes, but we would appreciate it if you could post specific feedback about what would be the preferred method for going about these changes.
    (11)
    Last edited by Camate; 10-25-2012 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Used Japanese term "Aura" instead of Embrava
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Well Camate, to me it seems like a lot of this thread regarding embrava could be summed up with:

12.5 minutes is a bit much, but 90 seconds is way too short. Loss of regain is bad, because this buff is mainly used on melees who have little need for refresh. Mages already have plenty of refresh available, so they don't need it very much.
    A compromise between the old duration and the new 90 second duration along with getting back at least a bit of the regain would cover a large portion of the negative feedback, I think.

As for Perfect Defence, I'm not sure what the common consensus among the player seems to be, if there even is anything resembling one. I've personally said what I think about it earlier in the thread, but it is obvious that not everyone agrees with me.

I hope at least the embrava part of my post is sufficiently specific as feedback for the dev team.
    (18)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-25-2012 at 03:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    We understand that these adjustments will change the usage of these abilities and may cause inconvenience to some, and we apologize for this. We would like to proceed with these adjustments carefully, so we will be looking closely at the feedback we receive. Also, we realize that there are a good amount of people who oppose these changes, but we would appreciate it if you could post specific feedback about what would be the preferred method for going about these changes.
    Personally, I would like to see Arch Dynamis Lord, Legion NMs, and Odin v2 have their damage output scaled back so that no single TP move -Zantetsuken or death profit is capable of killing everyone without damage being done to players prior. They should also not be capable of killing multiple players within a few seconds. Basically, I would like to see players capable of reliably killing NMs that are zerg'd currently without the zerg. For neo-nyzul, I want to see Order lamps REMOVED completely, I want to see HP of bosses f20,40,60,80,100 lowered and AoE stun moves removed, they are just time sinks created to kill a run. Also, I would like to see the 'go up ??? floors' give a higher average per jump. After the last update to NNI I have seen an average jump of 4, whereas before I had seen 6.

I would like to see this BEFORE embrava and perfect defense are changed.
    (10)

Character
    Sehachan
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    COR Lv 99
    It's not the end of the world. Just need 2 bards instead of 1 now, as for sch usefulness they were always on stun duty, so I don't think they're out of the picture. However Embrava is pretty much dead as an ability itself, Kaustra is likely a better choice now.

On the other hand, Nyzul is gonna be even more of a pain to achieve. Impossible? Of course not, but fuck if it's going to suck even more than before. Also with the PD reduction I can see problems with ADL, mob is already a roll of dice as it is, good groups will still win for sure, but less hardcore players may have some issues to keep farming it. P-Watcher won't change at all I think...same for OdinII.

As for the hp reduction...I'm afraid for some Legion mobs 10% is not enough. Things like Paramount Naraka...ughhhh.
    (2)

Player
    Embrava is pretty clearly a melee buff. Why not just reduce the regain potency on it rather than switch it to something that's not very useful? Something like <Enhancing Magic Skill> / 150 +1 or <Enhancing Magic Skill> / 200 +1. The decreased duration penalizes the ability's utility enough, I don't think that it's defining traits need to be altered to this extent.

If regain absolutely positively must be removed from embrava, then please consider making adloquium scale with skill something to the tune of <Enhancing magic skill> / 250 +1 (with current gear, effective cap would be 3/tic)
    (10)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Camate, thanks for the kind response. If they are planning to adjust Embrava, they can simply do the following:

Embrava:
    Duration should be a minimum of 2 mnts, meritable to 3 mnts. Keep the regain effect but cap it at 3 TP. Keep the haste adjustment as planned. Add the refresh effect and cap it at 3MP per tick. Those are fair adjustment that will make the 2 hours still potent but at reduced potency.

Perfect Defense: Keep it to 60 seconds with 90 seconds max with SMN magic skill capped. This is fair, a serious SMN will be able to provide more boost.

Acknowledge the BIG nasty elephants in the room. Adjust your events and NMs abilities so that people do not have to rely to PD and Embrava and make other jobs shine again instead having to depend on SCH and SMN. Buff Bards, Corsair, and Rdm so they too will be able to bring more to the table and become viable on endgame events.

As others have pointed out, reducing Nms HP is useless. What they should be focusing on is adjusting their Tp moves, instant death kill, and AOE range so that players will have others means to survive without resorting to Embrava + PD strategy in the first place. There is absolutely no need to punish the players. Introducing weakening items would be a great way to make Legion more accessible, it has been over 6 months, it is time to open the gate for ALL players. This will create a nice way to absorb the gills from blinkering fiasco.

If you are going to take away things, you must give back to us in some ways or another. Your first strategy is to FIX the actual battle content, when that is done, then bring the propose adjustment to Embrava and PD when you introduce the new 2 hours abilities and how you plan to reduce the cool down. Instead of giving us bad news one after another with no sane rationale, if you do it with all the other shiny new groundbreaking news, people will tend to react more positively and the so called "adjustment" becomes more palatable.
    (17)
    Last edited by Luvbunny; 10-25-2012 at 04:21 AM.

Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast