Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mdkuser
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    people will learn to make the economy work again like in real life (player trade wit player, not player <-> NPC). The game has worked like that for years before abyssea, each player having its own personal way of making gil. I used to do the gil fountain methods but SE has always fixed them (bugard skin farming, demon weapons farming in Zwahl, bat farming in Zi'tah...). For years I did The Ashu Talif BCNMs and Limbus ABC farming. The random HKS BCNMs they added last year reward decent money items too so if some one wants to farm gil while "having fun" it's still possible. What's more now HMP will explode in price, as well as cinder/dross, and the random AH drops from VW too (including pulse items).
    (1)

Character
    Mifaco
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    This nerf was long overdue. There were bots floating around the Internet for this sort of thing, as this screenshot shows:

Disclaimer: I did not use this, this was a screenshot I found
    (3)

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    This is one of the WORST DUMBEST stupidest idiotic idea ever. Abyssea pretty much render RMT useless since you no longer need to farm or work too hard to get gil, hence you don't even need to buy. Now with this retarded fix, kinda makes buying gil almost a must have. They should learn to leave abyssea content alone.... Before no one ever bother to buy gil since many various methods of getting them are widely available legit. What a big disappointment. You can't even sell the abyssea gears to NPC anymore either.
    (3)

Yes, I like hyperinflation as well, Luvbunny!
    (2)

Character
    Yachiryu
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Really SE, way to once again screw up an easy way for a girl to get her mythical weapon done. Ya its great you guys stopped the RMT shouts and all, but all this did was cause alot of BS for everyone that actually didnt abuse the system. What's next? You guys gonna mess with fishing as well? Face the facts, your game is dying and all this did was help lose more people(mainly money). I know for a fact dynamis is gonna be packed as hell now, since people will no longer be doing VW or abyssea. I just hope this doesn't mess with the current prices of alexdrites. 15k was great to buy lol. Guess its back to synergy/crafting for gils again, till SE kills that as well. Way to kill your own game, lol reminds me of someone else who killed something /wink & cuckles.
    (5)
    Last edited by Crystina; 10-23-2012 at 07:12 PM.

Character
    Luvbunny
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Yes, I like hyperinflation as well, Luvbunny!
    What inflation are you referring to? Prices seems stable in Bahamut, most of the gears and weapons are rare/ex anyway that the only thing one needs from AH are accessories, and those are within the reasonable prices. The only reason you need gils is to buy currency for your magian trial weapon/mythic/relic. Gil was easy to get that you don't even need to do the stupid tedious farming anymore. Everyone can just jump in for endgame grindfest fun. Now after this stinking updates, it's going to affect a lot of people who did not even take advantage of the blinker fiasco. I mean, you need tons of inventory space, and it is utterly inconvenience to do it for your average players.
    (0)

Character
    Anonymous
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    When you all come crawling back to Castle Oz and the various other treasure cracks to farm scrolls and baubles don't be surprised to find BST have been camping there for months already, eagerly awaiting your return.

The only thing that disappoints me about this is the Blinkers provided income for many people and at the same time it removed a bunch of bodies from many zones, turning them into a playground for anyone wanting to make some quick cash. Sharing is the nature of any MMO so I'm not too burned about losing my cash cow, my only problem is that other people make me nervous when they're standing over me as I fight an NM hoping I die suddenly. Have to get used to that again.
    (5)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    I like how everyone is blaming RMT.
    The majority of the people botting chocobo blinkers are average players, because a blinker bot is extremely readily available to anyone who seeks one.
    RMT are always there, it's supply and demand. There are ppl buying gil, thus there are RMT. Like how prostitute existed and you can never eliminate them. SE can nerf choco blinker, RMT will just move to dyna or farm gil in other way to make gil to sell.
    (1)

Player
    This is one of the WORST DUMBEST stupidest idiotic idea ever. Abyssea pretty much render RMT useless since you no longer need to farm or work too hard to get gil, hence you don't even need to buy
    Just whom do you think runs or operates those cleaves?

The problem with FFXI economy is it's not based upon trade but based on people creating gil out of thin air. NPCing Fish/BLinkers creates new money literally out of nowhere whereas before the economy was based around buying and selling items for gil, the gil was never really destroyed except for NPC services/dynamis/limbus.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Luvbunny View Post
    What inflation are you referring to? Prices seems stable in Bahamut, most of the gears and weapons are rare/ex anyway that the only thing one needs from AH are accessories, and those are within the reasonable prices. The only reason you need gils is to buy currency for your magian trial weapon/mythic/relic. Gil was easy to get that you don't even need to do the stupid tedious farming anymore. Everyone can just jump in for endgame grindfest fun. Now after this stinking updates, it's going to affect a lot of people who did not even take advantage of the blinker fiasco. I mean, you need tons of inventory space, and it is utterly inconvenience to do it for your average players.
    Prices seem stable because the supply of some common things have increased by a large amount as well.

Dyna currency still costs around 8k for singles on my server, even if those coins are something like 4-8 times easier to farm now than they were before. What's happening is that the value of dyna currency is a lot lower now, but because there is so much gil in circulation, it doesn't show directly. It's hard to accurately say how much dyna currency would have costed if it wasn't for cruor inflation, but I would say probably around 3-4k a piece instead of the 8k I manage to sell mine for.

If you look into it, you'll see that the things that seem to have remained stable are the things that are extremely common by-products of regular abyssea/voidwatch/whatever activity, while items that you need to go out of your way to get have increased in price by a huge amount. For example Phalanx was about 600k on my server half a year ago, now it is 1.6 millions (and 2 years ago I bought it for 90k, lol). Utsusemi Ni has increased by a lot too, but only about 70%. It's at 1.6M now, while it was a bit below 1M early in Abyssea's life-cycle.

So yes, there has been a lot of inflation, it's just that we've all been so spoiled by making gil out of thin air that we haven't noticed, and even if we did, we didn't care because we could afford it anyway if we just talked to a certain chocobo trainer for 5 minutes.

Now I'm not saying money is hard to get, because I don't think it is, and I can afford most things I want that aren't relics, mythics or lv95 empys. I am saying that there definitely has been a lot of inflation, and that it would have kept inflating and inflating to even more ridicuous amounts than we have now if they hadn't (finally) pulled the plug on the gil dispenser.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-23-2012 at 09:55 PM.

Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast