Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Game is not calculating Sword Attack correctly.

Problem: Game is not calculating attack properly with swords, No matter what two swords I have equipped it is not calculating my Attack properly. I have verified it is in the game by asking three other people to confirm the same thing. Also the game is not adding base damage to attack for any weapon wielded in offhand.

Platform: Windows

ISP: Comcast

Type of Internet Connection: Cable

Internet Connection Speed: 36 mb/s

Date & Time: 10/16/2012 12:30 am Est

Frequency: Anytime I change swords whether dual wielding or not.

Character Name: Rinza

Race: Mithra

World: Valefor

Main Job: Blue Mage

Support Job: Red Mage

Area and Coordinates: Port Jueno

Party or Solo: Solo

Steps:
    1: Equip Mageblade in my main hand and Runic Anelace in off hand
    2:Check my attack, it's 440
    3: Equip Bronze Sword in main hand and offhand
    4: Check my attack, it's still 440
    5: Repeat and its still the same.

Dual wielding does not add attack either no matter what weapons your wielding.
    (0)

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    That's because damage is not attack. I think you're just confusing the two terms.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Nope if I change my great katana to a higher damage Great katana it raises my attack, on sword it does not.
    (0)

Character
    Quedari
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I'm going to make a guess and say that you have higher great katana skill than sword. Also, are you changing jobs for sword and great katana or are you on the same job for both? A job change could also create a STR difference, which will (slightly) affect your attack. The "DMG" rating on a weapon won't actually change your "Attack" number. The only things that will change your "Attack" number are attack+ gear(or weapons with attack+, like magian STR trials), STR gear/weapons, skill+ gear/merits and your actual skill level, and job abilities like berserk.
    (1)
    Quedari: WHM BLM RDM SMN SCH BLU BRD RUN GEO
    Mykaell: BLM RDM WAR DNC WHM THF SCH RUN

Hello Razielrinz,

It appears Quedali and Arcon have possible explanations for why you are nto seeing a higher attack with different weapons. Please see if that they say is true, and if not, let us know so we can move forward with the report.

Thank you,

-Verytus
    (0)

Attack rating will stay the same when you have a sword equipped in the main hand and switch around offhand weapons. This is because the displayed attack rating is the attack rating of the weapon in you main hand.

When you take on and off a great katana, you go from using hand to hand skill (because bare-handed is technically a weapon type) to using great katana skill, therefore the attack rating changes. When you go from one sword to using two swords, you use the sword skill to calculate attack in both cases, and therefore the attack rating does not change.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-17-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Neither explanation is correct. As stated me and 3 other people from my server have tried this with Blue Mage and other jobs that can use Swords. Any other combination of weapons changed when you but higher base damage weapons in main hand. With swords they do not. Also my Sword skill is capped and so is my dagger on Rdm and when I change out my Mageblade (base damage 54) with my Aluh Jambiya (base damage of 51) my attack is higher on the dagger. This is with no other gear on as well. Also I am not a complete Noob I have been playin for 9 years I know how in game mechanics work. This problem still persists. If you change from having 2x bronze swords in your main and off hand to having a Runic Alemace and a Mageblade the attack should go up to take into account the higher base damage. It is not doing that. And when it happens to multiple people on same server with max sword skill then its a bug.
    (0)

Character
    Rinza
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It appears that combat damage is being calculated properly its just not calculating swords right in the Equipment Menu area. This was tested on gobbys in Valkrum Dunes.
    (0)
    Last edited by Razielrinz; 10-17-2012 at 02:38 AM. Reason: More explanation

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Razielrinz View Post
    Neither explanation is correct. As stated me and 3 other people from my server have tried this with Blue Mage and other jobs that can use Swords. Any other combination of weapons changed when you but higher base damage weapons in main hand. With swords they do not. Also my Sword skill is capped and so is my dagger on Rdm and when I change out my Mageblade (base damage 54) with my Aluh Jambiya (base damage of 51) my attack is higher on the dagger.
    Aluh Jambiya has 15 Attack and 10 STR on it. Assuming you have the same amount of dagger and sword merits and no skill gear, the dagger should give you 20 higher Attack on the screen that when you have a sword in the main hand.

Attack is entirely unrelated to weapon damage, and has always been.
    (3)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Weapon damage has never affected attack rating. They are entirely unaffected. Attack is only affected by skill level, attack stats on your gear, strength (and strength on gear), food and other buffs.

edit
    And job traits, of course.
    (2)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-17-2012 at 07:35 AM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast