Character
    Aisaka
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Hello!

Whenever we plan out which gathering-type items should/should not be stackable we always need to consider how many items that a player could bring back home after one session. For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold. Therefore we need to consider all the effects this could have on the economy and be careful when considering such adjustments. With that in mind, we do not have plans to make these items stackable at this time.
    Another sad excuse to do nothing about an obvious problem.
    A very, very small amount of people do any sort of HELM these days.
    Tons of ores/logs are getting tossed on the floor because the person in question has NO USE for them.
    Single logs/ores are, also, not worth putting on the Auction House.

Because we can only have 7 items on the Auction House at any point in time, these items are not worth enough Gil to hold on to. They are either sold directly to the NPC, or dropped on the floor on the spot. Most people don't even take the crafting materials out of the boxes from Voidwatch. Why? Too much inventory space taken, worth little-to-nothing from the NPC, not worth enough on AH as a single item.

If logs and ores stacked to 12, it's very possible there might actually be a market for these things.
    As easy as it is to make Gil these days, nobody is going to put up a log for 5k when they could be putting up something more pricey and in-demand. However, as often as logs/ores/etc come from Voidwatch, if they stacked, a lot more people would be interested in putting up 12 logs for 60k instead.

I get the feeling SE employees have never played another MMO before. FFXI has limited systems, and I get that, but they're missing out on so many things they could be doing to make the game much better.
    (6)
    /人 ‿‿ 人\

Character
    Masekase
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    What about making a function where you can send the item from loot to mog house.
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    If logs and ores stacked to 12, it's very possible there might actually be a market for these things.
    As easy as it is to make Gil these days, nobody is going to put up a log for 5k when they could be putting up something more pricey and in-demand. However, as often as logs/ores/etc come from Voidwatch, if they stacked, a lot more people would be interested in putting up 12 logs for 60k instead.
    A stack of logs would become 5k, or whatever the NPC sell-to price would be. Wouldn't be much incentive to buy them, since you could get them yourself in bulk by doing VWNMs.
    (1)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Maybe VW should stop dropping so damned many of them then.

But yeah, no. Sorry SE, you've already shown us that you have no real desire (or ability, pick one) to keep the economy in order, after you implemented (and later avoided fixing) the ability for players to conjure billions of gil out of thin air in first abyssea, then later Voidwatch.

I know I've seen at least three threads where concerns over this has been voiced, but I don't think any of them got an official reply. And now, of course, it is too late.

At one point, I was joking around with the idea that gil would eventually become worthless, and people would start using dynamis currency (or alexandrites) to buy items from each others. Maybe that isnt too far fetched after all!
    (1)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-05-2012 at 12:37 AM.

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I guess I'll pretend that it's not possible to go out and farm stuff, fill up, go back home, unload and head straight back out to continue thereby rendering that excuse invalid. Wow, the whoppers that come out of the dev's mouths sometimes to maintain a way of gaming life. It would be appreciated to simply say a mean spirited "NOOOOOO!" once in awhile rather than be BS train being used. We're big boys and girls. We can take it.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Danial
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I wonder if they considered how many 10k fish people could bring home and what effect that would have on the economy?
    (1)

Character
    Voldermolt
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kristal View Post
    It's not that bad an excuse. Although I would welcome stacking logs and ores, events like voidwatch and woe drop so many materials that if those were stackable they would flood the market. Right now, people just destroy them unless they are a crafter and carry crystals.

Perhaps HELM activities could be updated though, to make it more appealing... tool dispensers, high level harvesting gear (ideally obtained through harvesting items to make said gear), better and update drops, etc.
    Soooo, VW is the reason NOT to make this change? Because it drops dozens and dozens of thousands of crafting materials, right? Because the idea is for us to throw them away to create space thereby keeping balance in check on the AH and rendering their existence pointless other than being a small chance as a consolation reward for the player that decides to keep it on their last VW kill for the day.

Right? This is the concept of you being ok more or less with their answer? Are you listening to this or are you just hearing it?

I think we all can agree on one thing: They just admitted that they won't stack these items knowing full well how much those items will drop as rewards in order to keep "balance" in check. To that I say, 70k flame geodes because fire weather is a bitch. Please balance THAT while you're busy thinking about balancing logs and ores and everything else. Again, if you're going to preach balance then balance everything, and not just what you feel like balancing or not balancing for things(paycheck coming in every month because of time sinks on the player base) to be in your favor. It's not like we're paying for yearly expansions or anything else.
    (2)

Regular "John" Doe
    - Not on the Community Team

Character
    Rezeak
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold.
    That's the point people are trying to make why the hell do we have to spend more time on this game sorting inventorys or running back and forth from a mog house.

As it is atm if you want to go mining you have to degear and store as much gear as you can which can take 10-15 mins when really all you should need to do is grab a pickaxe and play the game.

I can see the problem with people boting and npcing the goods and to that i say just make the logs 1 gil to npc.

I guess it's another case of SE punishing players cause there are bots and such that would abuse it, ><
    (5)
    Main : 99 DRK
    Subs : 99 SMN COR SCH MELEEWHM
    Server : Ragnarök
    Relics : 95 Ragnarok and 95 Apoc
    Ironic that when i was young i never had enough video games but now i have too many and not enough time to play them .

Player
    People fish millions of gil per day with fish bots with their ebisu rods or with cruor-chocobo blinker navigation bots and the dev team is worried about us NPCing mahagoney logs for 1-2k/each? What is this i don't even...
    (2)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rezeak View Post
    I guess it's another case of SE punishing players cause there are bots and such that would abuse it, ><
    We do have the STF.

I think that the explanation was a fodder response. I say prove it, explain why this would hurt the economy. The development team imposed limits on fishing and chocobo digging already. The current example reminds me of stubborn logic that has no real backing.

Mining no fatigue.
    Harvesting no fatigue.
    Lumbering no fatigue.
    Fishing has fatigue system.
    Chocobo Digging has fatigue system.

Hello!

Whenever we plan out which gathering-type items should/should not be stackable we always need to consider how many items that a player could bring back home after one session. For example, if we changed logs or ores the number they could take home would increase ten-fold. Therefore we need to consider all the effects this could have on the economy and be careful when considering such adjustments. With that in mind, we do not have plans to make these items stackable at this time.
    HOG Wash, BS, fodder response. I'm sorry but seriously with so many issues in game and inventory limitations do you honestly think that excuse is valid. Sure there can be bots but its no excuse. People would be botting them 24/7 already and the inventory limits wouldn't be the problem. The problem is with players who actually play the game not the bots. The economy is run by the player base no reason hide behind the messed economy it'll be messed up no matter what.

The representatives and developers ask players. "What do you want" Then the devs/reps respond with something that sounds to me like :
    we thank you for your patience and subscription fees but we're sorry we can't have you enjoying the game. YOU must be full of chit at all times and limited by inventory restrictions otherwise, you'll have space to actually enjoy the game. Again, we're sorry this would BREAK the game by allowing optimal use of your precious inventory.

I'm not buying it, I want some proof I want something substantial to backup how this modification would break the economy. I also want know whose on the panel making those design choices because I feel they're making bad choices as do others in this topic from their post.

Please make the right and choice listen to the players. Make them happy. We seem to think it won't break the game. Please stop making excuses and fix things so we can enjoy the game without being held back by silly limitations.
    (2)
    Last edited by Sarick; 10-05-2012 at 01:14 AM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast