Results -9 to 0 of 160

Dev. Posts

Threaded View

Summoning magic skill-ups and the rate of which we are getting them.

Hello community representatives and developers.

Would it be possible for you to look into the rate at which summoning magic skills up? Currently, there is a small chance of getting a skillup when casting the summoning spell, and when performing a blood pact. However, both of these actions are extremely far in-between compared to how fast you generally perform other actions that generate skill-ups for their respective skills.

Consider this: During regular gameplay, A summoner summons an avatar, perform the two blood pacts available, then wait 45 seconds until the next time they can do two actions that have a chance of skilling up their magic. During regular gameplay, this is two chances (not guaranteed) of getting a skill-up, which again is less than 1.0 skill points. In the same time, other mages have cast probably something like a dozen spells, all with a chance to get skillups for every cast. A melee attacker has had a chance to skill up their weapon even more often than the other mages again. Especially dualwielding attackers, they would be seeing perhaps 20-30 chances to acquire skillups with their weapons in the same time a summoner has had two chances.

Why does it have to be like this? Please explain to me why summoning magic must be so slow compared to other magic skills (and combat skills). Is there a reason for this? Would it disrupt balance if summoners could realistically cap their summoning skill during normal gameplay within a few weeks of normal summoner-play, instead of having to cease normal gaming for an extremely long time just to perform a summoning/release macro for days, maybe weeks? Do you seriously think the players think this is fun?

I think it is completely reasonable to let there be a slight chance of summoning magic increasing every time your avatar performs a melee attack, as well as a much bigger chance of skillups happening when you perform pet commands. Not just bloodpact rage/ward, but also assault and retreat.

Basically, every other magic skill has seen an increase of how fast you can skill it up, except summoning magic, which still remains extremely slow compared to almost every battle related skill in the game. All I ask for is for summoning magic skill rate to be lifted to the level of most other skills in the game.

If the developers disagree with this, I would very much like to know the reasoning behind why they disagree.

Thank you.
    (28)
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-29-2012 at 06:40 AM.