Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Auto-attack ranged attack

Okay so here is a silly question and quasi request:
    Why does ranger not shoot their bow/crossbow as their auto attack?

I personally would love to see this as an option for this class (and maybe COR too I'm not to sure about their play style though). I'm newish to playing ranger and in other MMOs the ranged classes all auto-attack with their bow/crossbow at range and change to melee when closer to enemies. I know this would mean the consumption of more ammunition but honestly that doesn't matter to me. selecting ranged attack and making macros that needs to be pressed constantly are much more annoying than having to buy more ammo in my personal opinion.
    (28)

Agreed. Let it be a stance of sorts. Activate a 10 second cooldown ability to start it, activate the ability again to stop it.

Although, that sounds like it would suck if you got hit with amnesia. Maybe this JA should just not be affected by amnesia?
    (4)

I don't see why it needs to be a JA. Auto attack when out of range and facing the mob, you fire ranged. Auto-attack when in melee range, you melee. If you want to ranged in melee range, use it manually. If you're out of melee range and want to stop firing ammo, turn.
    (10)

It doesn't have to be anything, it was just a suggestion.
    (1)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    make it an option in the attack menu with a text command (/automaticrangeattack /ara)

and while under this mode show the player with ranged weapon in hands instead of melee weapons
    (9)

Character
    Katz
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 57
    Some people use different ammo....not everyone thinks this idea should happen
    (0)

Which is why I suggested a toggle. Don't want to shoot really expensive ammo automatically? Just turn it off and do it manually.
    (5)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I understand there are different ammos, which is why the ability should be able to toggled on and off as stated above. Because I know I would hate to refarm the special arrows, bolts, and bullets I have accumulated over the years. I still wish the ability to have it automatically shoot though would be there. Because lets face it this game has never been about button mashing, and that is what it feels like spamming a /ra macro every 3 seconds to get a shot off.
    (5)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Different ammo shouldn't matter. The ranged stance would shoot whatever ammo that is equipped. You want to change ammo, just equip the new ammo. Want to change it back? Re-equip the previous ammo.
    (1)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Different ammo shouldn't matter. The ranged stance would shoot whatever ammo that is equipped. You want to change ammo, just equip the new ammo. Want to change it back? Re-equip the previous ammo.
    Ah but it does matter because there are Rare/EX ammo one use with Unlimited Shot, so it would behoove us the ability to pause the auto attack change ammo weaponskill change back to tp ammo and resume. You don't want your rare/ex arrow to be shot accidentally by the auto-attack shot.
    (2)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast