Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Just change the "Ranged Attack" menu to do an Auto-Ranged-Attack similar to what Attack does for melee. You would draw your weapon and the battle music would start.
    nope, when I use a range attack to pull a mob i don't want to keep range attacking it nor engage it.
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    nope, when I use a range attack to pull a mob i don't want to keep range attacking it nor engage it.
    None of these in my idea should affect you then. The engage part might be an issue but at least you won't auto attack unless in combat mode and having the right ranged gear equipped.
    (0)
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarick View Post
    None of these in my idea should affect you then. The engage part might be an issue but at least you won't auto attack unless in combat mode and having the right ranged gear equipped.
    agree was just replying to saevel (the stuff i quoted)
    (0)

Character
    Rubican
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    well what about leave /ra alone so it shoots a single ranged attack, but add and /raa that starts the auto attack so that way you can still use /ra to pull.
    (0)

Player
    SE said years ago that this is impossible for several reasons. Would also mean you'd need to engage to shoot and would no longer be able to shoot while not engaged i.e how other jobs pull.
    (0)

They could just let the game have two different ranged attack modes. Keep the old mode for manual ranged attacks, make the auto-attack mode an entirely new attack mode available when on ranger or subbing ranger. Just don't reuse any of the existing code for ranged attacks and put this in addition to that.
    (0)

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    SE said years ago that this is impossible for several reasons. Would also mean you'd need to engage to shoot and would no longer be able to shoot while not engaged i.e how other jobs pull.
    How the job pull is not a big problem to solve at all, it's more about changing ranged attack mechanic will need to rebalance A LOT of things work in this game, knowing SE they probably won't bother.
    (0)

Another idea could just be to let us queue up ranged attacks. Using /qranged instead of /ranged three times in rapid succession could make the game server queue up three ranged attacks with the absolute minimum delay in between each attack.

With that, you could make a macro something like:

/qrange
    /qrange
    /qrange
    /equip ammo "cool shit"
    /ws Slugwinder's Radiance <t> <wait 1>
    /equip ammo "cheap shit"

It would be almost as involving as melee attacking is!

Alternatively, it could let us input a value after the command to specify the number of shots to perform. Inputting a new ability/spell/equip/whatever command would cancel the current attack queue, so that if you made an attack queue of 15 attacks and halfway through found out that you wanted to do a WS or Barrage, executing those commands would remove the remaining queued up commands, allowing you to do whatever else you wanted to do.
    (3)
    Last edited by Mirage; 10-04-2012 at 08:33 PM.

Greetings,

We definitely understand the desire to have automatic ranged attacks and/or a toggle to switch it on and off. As the system is now, if we were to implement auto-ranged attacks, characters would be unable to use weapon skills or abilities during the ranged attack animation and the auto-ranged attack would interfere with the priority of the other abilities/WS. To address that issue would take a huge overhaul to the core system, so unfortunately it's not as simple as you might hope. However, we do understand there is a desire for an automatic ranged attack, and if it should change, we'll be sure to let you know.
    (14)

Okipuit - Community Team

I understand that it would interfere with other commands, as you cannot execute a job ability while a ranged attack is in progress, but I would be fine with that. We would need to take extra care to turn off the mode whenever we wanted to do something else, but I think that is an acceptable trade-off.

If that isn't a good option, would it be possible to go the command-queue route instead? It is not auto-ranged, but more like semi-automatic. The user inputs a command for each ranged attack they want to make, but could do this faster than the ranged attacks would occur, and the commands that were entered too soon would be executed the exact moment the current ranged attack (plus delay) was over.

If the player at any time would enter a different command than the queue-command, the entire ranged attack command queue would be cleared, enabling the user to perform normal commands again after the current ranged attack was over.
    (7)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast