Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokithor View Post
    Different ammo shouldn't matter. The ranged stance would shoot whatever ammo that is equipped. You want to change ammo, just equip the new ammo. Want to change it back? Re-equip the previous ammo.
    The problem is when you use a special ability with a r/e ammo that you would be very sad if you lost, auto attack may kick in before you (or your cleverly written macro) can swap back to your normal ammo.

Even with an on off switch for the ability, there would still be a fairly high likelihood that the macro could misfire and leave auto-attack turned on.

An easy fix would be to make it so that those types of ammo could not be used for normal attacks (I believe they did this with certain items).
    (2)

Player
    Hmmm not entirely opposed to the idea however would retool the gearing concept of rng as it stands, with an auto attack type situation you'd have to full time snapshot gear to ensure you were getting full time effect of the "haste" which would detract from your STP build.

As it stands now a ranged attack is treated much like casting a spell where you can equip your snapshot (fast cast/haste/cure cast time/elemental celerity) gear just prior to initiating the action and then swaping to STP/RATK gear (mab/int gear) in order to maximize your attack (spell) potency/effectiveness.

In any case addition of auto range attack would likely require a complete overhaul of how ranged attacks are processed, this however may not be a bad thing but i do not trust the dev team currently to handle such a change without gimping STP builds, that is to say forcing players to hybrid their snapshot set with their STP sets thus lowering TP gain and Rattk for the actual post shot phase.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nala; 09-26-2012 at 08:38 AM.

Character
    Afania
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post
    Hmmm not entirely opposed to the idea however would retool the gearing concept of rng as it stands, with an auto attack type situation you'd have to full time snapshot gear to ensure you were getting full time effect of the "haste" which would detract from your STP build.

As it stands now a ranged attack is treated much like casting a spell where you can equip your snapshot (fast cast/haste/cure cast time/elemental celerity) gear just prior to initiating the action and then swaping to STP/RATK gear (mab/int gear) in order to maximize your attack (spell) potency/effectiveness.

In any case addition of auto range attack would likely require a complete overhaul of how ranged attacks are processed, this however may not be a bad thing but i do not trust the dev team currently to handle such a change without gimping STP builds, that is to say forcing players to hybrid their snapshot set with their STP sets thus lowering TP gain and Rattk for the actual post shot phase.
    If melees can wear haste during TP phrase and "gimp STP", I see no reason that ranged attack jobs can't wear haste and gimp STP for it.

Atm all that snapshot precast set pretty much just testing player's lag or whether they use 3rd pt tool or not. If you're using regular macro, fat chances are that snapshot macro may make you shoot slower if you're gonna click macro 3 times before fire.

Same thing if you happened to lag a bit before fire too, and yes, lag does happen if you're not living in JP.

Ranged auto-attack will increase output, probably more than "losing STP" IMO, when you add all the lag between each shot together.
    (1)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Afania View Post
    Atm all that snapshot precast set pretty much just testing player's lag or whether they use 3rd pt tool or not. If you're using regular macro, fat chances are that snapshot macro may make you shoot slower if you're gonna click macro 3 times before fire.
    Absolutely. Having a ranged attack stance would finally make all of the snapshot gear useful.

As for switching R/E ammo in and out, I don't see how a ranged attack stance would make it any more risky than currently (coming from one that has lost so many it isn't funny) and if designed specifically to keep this in mind (unlike what exists now) could easily be made better.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nala View Post

Unless someone presently uses a macro that fires multiple times with the absolute perfect delay figured into it, I'm sure the gain in attack speed from eliminating human error would outweigh the loss in attack speed from removing a few pieces of Snapshot equipment.

It's great to use the right tool for every situation. But, these jobs get relatively few Snapshot pieces of greatly varying quality (and Velocity Shot for Ranger only, in the place of Haste and March and Embrava and Haste Samba and Hasso and...) in the place of the myriad melee options for delay reduction. I'm not convinced losing use of the worst of this stuff would be a big loss.
    (1)

The problem with macros that fire arrows as fast as the delay allows, however, is that whenever you get a Rapid Shot proc, you lose the time saved because your macro won't fire the next arrow/bullet/bolt sooner anyway.

So either that job trait is useless if you choose to use macros, or forces you to fire every ranged attack manually, which is incredibly annoying and makes it more troublesome to talk to other players while keeping your damage up.

so guys
    *rangedattack*
    what should
    *rangedattack*
    we attack
    *rangedattack*
    next?
    *rangedattack*
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SpankWustler View Post
    Unless someone presently uses a macro that fires multiple times with the absolute perfect delay figured into it, I'm sure the gain in attack speed from eliminating human error would outweigh the loss in attack speed from removing a few pieces of Snapshot equipment.

It's great to use the right tool for every situation. But, these jobs get relatively few Snapshot pieces of greatly varying quality (and Velocity Shot for Ranger only, in the place of Haste and March and Embrava and Haste Samba and Hasso and...) in the place of the myriad melee options for delay reduction. I'm not convinced losing use of the worst of this stuff would be a big loss.
    Well aware... Annihilator ranger here with all but a foot based snapshot piece, the only options available to the slot are Khepri with augments or a drop off the final chamber of legion (for which there is no testing to prove if it is better than augmented khepri...) something my linkshell is unable participate due to our small size.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Just change the "Ranged Attack" menu to do an Auto-Ranged-Attack similar to what Attack does for melee. You would draw your weapon and the battle music would start.

Remember people, use KISS otherwise you'll get unintended consequences.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I am starting to think there shouldn't even be rare/ex ammo, i mean it has the same timer as double shot-.-

Why does there even need to have the different ammos like that? What is the point other then laughing at people that nerd rage over shooting PPAs (Sorry i am using the ammo of my time) It also happens to be the last type of ammo I stopped caring abut it since rngs is not used much these days anyway-.-
    (0)

Character
    Saricks
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    What about

/autoshoot "Wooden Arrow"
    /autothrow "Boomerang"
    or
    /autoranged ammo "Wooden Arrow"
    /autoranged range "Boomerang"

Basically, it'd ONLY auto shoot/throw the type of arrow, bullet or ranged weapon you select. If that item isn't equipped in ranged, ammo or you're facing away from enemy it simply won't auto-shoot/throw when engaged.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

If you like this idea please comment, If you think it'd break things please comment.
    (10)
    Last edited by Sarick; 09-30-2012 at 06:40 PM.
    Developers take notice when a post has a lot of likes. Please support your fellow posters if they make good suggestions or comments by clicking the like.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast