Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Please fix Excalibur + enlight

I have recently obtained Excalibur, and am disapointed to find out that enlight will not let the "additional damage" proc from the relic modifier. Is this intentional? From my Google-translation of this JP thread [link] it seems many others are also not happy with this.

I still love the sword, but it seems Excalibur and en"light" should go along together and no have to compete.. at least let me know if this is a bug or intention - thanks!
    (21)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I approve of this message wholeheartedly.
    (2)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Seconded. And I don't even have an Excalibur. <,<
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    zomg!!! YOU don't have an Excalibur!!? O.O

I'm just f'in with you.... neither do I.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    It's the way enspells are done unfortunately, it'd probably just be better in the long run to make most additional effects stack with enspells..
    (3)

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    just switch add effect priority (weapons' add > enspell)! you wont get both proc on a single hit but enspell wont bloc other proc anymore
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by hiko View Post
    just switch add effect priority (weapons' add > enspell)! you wont get both proc on a single hit but enspell wont bloc other proc anymore
    Except enspells can be stronger than quite a few other weapons additional effects, Enspells II were added for this kind of thing, only Enlight activates on all hits so it's irrelevant for PLD.

Seriously, very few weapons bar for example this Relic would exactly be strong by allowing them to stack.
    (0)

Player
    I don't imagine this is intentional so much as the result of years of forced-to-be-console-friendly code piling onto itself like the fat of an 800 pound man layering up just so and crushing the breath from him while he sleeps.

I suspect Tier II en-spells were a Development Bro's attempt to work around the mutual exclusivity of additional effects, so in addition to being horrible themselves, they can be considered an ill-omen.
    (3)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    It'd also be pretty nice if I could use Sagasinger's Buff drain without canceling enlight.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Oakrest View Post
    I still love the sword, but it seems Excalibur and en"light" should go along together and no have to compete.. at least let me know if this is a bug or intention - thanks!
    Greetings,

Correct, this is intentional. As some of you may already know, added effects from weapons cannot stack, thus unfortunately the added effect from Excalibur cannot be used in conjunction with Enlight.

Also, it is not possible to make it so the effect from Enlight activates when the added effect from Excalibur does not. Likewise, changing the priority so that Excalibur's added effect is higher than Enlight would require a complete reworking of the weapon as well as limit the use of Enlight, which is not a realistic approach to this.

With that said, we will be keeping priority on Enlight and would like players to choose which effect they want to use by removing the Enlight effect for the times they prefer having Excalibur's added effect.
    (7)

Okipuit - Community Team

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast