Character
    Lydinya
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 70

Dancer G5

Good day all,

So, I'm a rather low level dancer, or so it feels. I'm level 70 now, and was preparing to do G5 (skilling up, finishing quests, getting testimony, etc...) but as I started to read more about the fight vs Laila, I've started feeling like, there's no way I'll make it, and have thus thought that I'd simply level WAR to 70, G5 with Maat on that job, and then switch back to continue my dancing.

But, I really love this job, and it feels... weird not being able to do this bit of it.

The key problem for me, I think, is that I play incredibly defensively, and this fight seems as though one needs to play very offensively in order to make it.

So, I guess I'm writing here mainly to see if people can either reassure me that the fight isn't so bad, or, I suppose, to tell me that, yes, it is as I feared, and G5 on warrior would be much easier.

(And, I would suppose, if the fight isn't as bad as I fear, perhaps some suggestions on how to go about it. From what I've read it should go something like, sleep to 100% TP, engage, WS, Icarus Wing, WS, build TP to 100%, Wild Flourish, WS, hope she gave up?)

Thank you for your time and input. m(_._)m
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I didn't have to do this fight on DNC and have never attempted it, but my impression is that it's fairly difficult and you do have to gun for it offensively. Cap your Dagger/Evasion skill and get good gear.

I'd change the strat you suggested to:
    Sleep to 110+ TP, Engage, Box Step, Violent Flourish, WS -> Ic Wing -> WS -> Box Step -> Build TP to 100 (VF once when you can) -> Wild Flourish -> WS

Remember to eat appropriate food (maybe Rabbit Pie?)
    (1)

Character
    Latke
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    This fight isn't difficult if you have decent gear and have your skills capped or near cap.

The strategy I used was buying hi-potions and spamming them instead of waltzing. Also you'll need to equip accuracy / dexterity gear and food because Laila is a dnc and has great evasion. If you can't get TP you've lost. Save your trance for when she uses trance. The only advantage Laila will really have on you is regain and that she 'rages' (spams weaponskills) if you take too long to kill her. The fight isn't about survival due to this, it's about neutralizing her quickly.

Let loose your weaponskills and skill chain with yourself when it's possible. Dancing edge can skill chain with itself. You can also do 2 skill chains back to back if you pop your Icarus wing after the first skill chain.

Don't be too afraid of this fight. You get three go's with one testimony and there are a lot of good strategies out there to try if the first one you try out isn't working for you.
    (0)

Character
    Dhragon
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    And just for the record...doing this fight as War would be the same kind of fight. All "melee" type jobs have to beat their adversary fast or they won't win (Thf being the exception to this, as they can win their quest without even taking a swing). So, don't try and think about doing this as a different job. Just focus on finishing your skill ups and go "serve" that chick.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Dhragon View Post
    And just for the record...doing this fight as War would be the same kind of fight. All "melee" type jobs have to beat their adversary fast or they won't win (Thf being the exception to this, as they can win their quest without even taking a swing). So, don't try and think about doing this as a different job. Just focus on finishing your skill ups and go "serve" that chick.
    This. WAR Maat is certainly no easier at all. DRK probably the easiest maat, but only if you can afford to buy, or someone can lend you a mercurial kris, or a kraken club.
    (0)

Character
    Deathrose
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    It took me like 4-5 tries when i did this, but i also did this before we had a native Duel wield ability. I should think it would be easier now if you can duel wield. I wish i could do this fight again. I had a blast fighting laila .
    (1)
    Remember, Every dancing rose has it thorns. Messing with the wrong could cost you your life!! ^.~

Character
    Mlrlohki
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    To be honest, I had a lot of fun with the brawl with Laila. Got it on the third try (try one was just a dry run, two I swear she pulled a CW4 out of nowhere and I lost, while try three, I slipped up and popped a Wing early but still managed to beat her fairly easily.) It's just a matter of going in prepared and having fun. Far less headache then RDMaat, I have to say.

Edit: Oh, one thing that kind of helped me, at least, is to find a good piece of music to fight to, something jazzy and energetic. It sounds strange, but there's something right about doing the DNC fight to music. I went with some Panic! At the Disco for some reason.
    (0)
    Last edited by MiriOhki; 09-18-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: Another bit of advice

Character
    Erila
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by MiriOhki View Post
    To be honest, I had a lot of fun with the brawl with Laila. Got it on the third try (try one was just a dry run, two I swear she pulled a CW4 out of nowhere and I lost, while try three, I slipped up and popped a Wing early but still managed to beat her fairly easily.) It's just a matter of going in prepared and having fun. Far less headache then RDMaat, I have to say.

Edit: Oh, one thing that kind of helped me, at least, is to find a good piece of music to fight to, something jazzy and energetic. It sounds strange, but there's something right about doing the DNC fight to music. I went with some Panic! At the Disco for some reason.
    On a sidenote.
    I did RDM Maat in 2006ish faily hard.
    I did Dnc Maat by the time it came out (Fun reasons). As i hadnt had a lot good DD gear by then. I lost... being a suppotive Player....
    Recently i went back... by 99 ... she didnt even get time to give up ... killed her in a Skillchain.

So Afterall i guess the Fight is hard by 70. And will need a good bit of Items and Prepartion.

GL on it tho! It may not be as hard as the first RDM but i think it is the hardest fight (for meele Jobs).

Cap everything beside parrying... might be a given.
    (0)
    Odin Server

lv119 DNC ~ 119 SAM ~ 119 More that i dont use.
    Gute Mädchen kommen in den Himmel ! Böse Mädchen kommen überall hin !!