Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: New Blu Spells?

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks that this sounds unnecessarily convoluted and probably really bad?
    I have to be honest, I just assumed that they were going to go along with their 'equipment level' basis of if you are wearing rank 15 (lvl 114) gear then you get 15 * 5 Blue magic skill extra added into the equation for calculating damage. Capping of course at +100 skill on Delve Mega Boss gear.

Going with 5 as a fairly average skill increase per level, but of course it can be between 3 and 7 historically, or if it's still under-powered, make up their own new amounts, or even have them scaling differently for different levels. Maybe +10 for the first 5 levels, then +7 for the next 5, +5 for the next and +3 for the last 5.

That way at least ALL lvl 100+ gear would allow people to progress as long as 1 was equipped during casting, not just specific pieces that have magic damage+ on them.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by OniHavoc View Post
    Is this going to be main hand only ?
    The adjustments that took place apply to the weapon equipped in your main hand only. Sorry this wasn't clear in my post and it has been edited for clarity.
    (1)
    Devin "Camate" Casadey - Community Team

Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    The adjustments that took place apply to the weapon equipped in your main hand only. Sorry this wasn't clear in my post and it has been edited for clarity.
    There goes Magic damage +198 down the pan >.>
    (0)
    Last edited by Babekeke; 07-09-2013 at 06:19 AM.

Character
    Trumpy
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    what a way to piss off relic empy and mythic wielders even more, now they cant increase stats on their pet/blue magic physical spells without using other weapons.

I hope they add item levels to the improved rme when those are updated. just wish we didnt have to have 99 versions to update them as VW is pretty rare these days, i dunno how many heavy metal plates will be around anymore.
    (4)

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpy View Post
    I hope they add item levels to the improved rme when those are updated. just wish we didnt have to have 99 versions to update them as VW is pretty rare these days, i dunno how many heavy metal plates will be around anymore.
    If they get the adjustments to the rme right, people will be tripping over themselves to do VW and get their plates and riftbits.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    If they get the adjustments to the rme right, people will be tripping over themselves to do VW and get their plates and riftbits.
    Somehow I doubt that people will go back to doing those unless they greatly increase drop rates or something.
    (2)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    As a BLU I just don't get this - the delve plasma club (D:130) & sword have a higher damage rating. Initially I was excited that they delivered on their promise to increase blue physical damage *this update*, but the devil is in the details. They effectively delayed the blue physical magic increase for August, once they remove that stupid additional requirement of "This change applies to weapons equipped in the main weapon slot for which their item levels are displayed and have an attribute modified by a weapon skill." This makes no sense - there is only 1 weapon (D:88) that fits this criteria, and - and the surface, it is inferior for melee damage. Its like they are making blue choose between melee damage or blue spell physical damage.

I will quickly change my tune of damage from physical spells increases by 4-8 fold with this club however >.>
    I just don't think jump will be that much ...
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Somehow I doubt that people will go back to doing those unless they greatly increase drop rates or something.
    In a way they did already. By making more powerful weapons and gear, the NMs are easier to kill and die faster, thus getting more drops in the same amount of time.

But really, if you had a delve GA, and a 90 Ukon, and they made Ukon considerably better than your delve weapon, you wouldn't want to go back to VW to try and upgrade it?
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    In a way they did already. By making more powerful weapons and gear, the NMs are easier to kill and die faster, thus getting more drops in the same amount of time.

But really, if you had a delve GA, and a 90 Ukon, and they made Ukon considerably better than your delve weapon, you wouldn't want to go back to VW to try and upgrade it?
    I already have weapons I want to upgrade. Do you know how long it takes to accumulate 1500 plates just by farming them your self? I have yet to hear tale of any player who upgraded their weapon without buying most of the plates from other people. Most people I talk to built theirs by farming other events and buying the plates from less ambitious players.

VW isn't real farm friendly like dynamis. I don't expect a large number of people to begin farming these to sell unless big changes are made in drop rates and / or changes are made that allow people to solo / low man the fights on a regular basis.
    (3)

Character
    Sabishii
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    As a BLU I just don't get this - the delve plasma club (D:130) & sword have a higher damage rating. Initially I was excited that they delivered on their promise to increase blue physical damage *this update*, but the devil is in the details. They effectively delayed the blue physical magic increase for August, once they remove that stupid additional requirement of "This change applies to weapons equipped in the main weapon slot for which their item levels are displayed and have an attribute modified by a weapon skill." This makes no sense - there is only 1 weapon (D:88) that fits this criteria, and - and the surface, it is inferior for melee damage. Its like they are making blue choose between melee damage or blue spell physical damage.

I will quickly change my tune of damage from physical spells increases by 4-8 fold with this club however >.>
    I just don't think jump will be that much ...
    I don't believe this. SE really hates BLU now? We can't use swords any more? just one bloody specific club? Why make it so specific? It's like SE really wants everyone to quit FF11. I'm really considering it at this point, because FF14 ARR's beta is just SOOOO much better at this point.
    (1)

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 LastLast