Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: New Blu Spells?

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Yeah, hopefully an evasion boost with a decent duration too, yes.
    (0)

Character
    Slvr
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I 'unno, I think the single most interesting spell BLUs could get would very likely be something that gives us Protect and Shell effects. Since it's very clear that BLUs aren't actually going to give us Mighty Guard based on who actually uses it, give us a similarly-named version, Big Guard, that casts both Protect IV and Shell IV on us. It'd certainly give us a little more soloing options, especially in the case of magic-happy mobs.
    (0)

Character
    Tennotsukai
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    True..BLU magic defense is slightly lack. If only Saline Coat had a longer duration....
    (0)

Character
    Zadimortis
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I would kill for the ability to set a limited Wide Scan trait with spells.

As far as spells go, I second the motions for a better Evasion booster and Magic Defense booster, as well as Earth/Light/Dark AoE damaging spells. How about a way to get rid of non-magic status ailments? We have two ways to get rid of magic statuses, but no way to deal with the run-of-the-mill Poison.
    (3)
    Don't make me get metaphorical with you.

Player
    -Subzero Smash is a more efficient albeit weaker paralyze than Mindblast(potent but MP intensive)
    -I believe Gates of Hades is a stronger AoE than CW when geared properly for it but meh, CW can already do 6-7k+ in abyssea.
    -Don't need an eva spell really as you can cap haste and still melee in like +70ish evasion(and like +65AGI)

a decent dmg spell would be nice. i haven't really seen any significant improvements in a single spell's damage since 75.
    What? Disseverment barely broke 1k on exp mobs, heavy strike does 1200+, QC does up to 2-3k and Amorphic does 2-2.5k.

How about an Unbridled Learning spell that gives a Triple Attack Multi Strikes for 1minute. Like a more potent but shorter duration temper. That seems to fit the theme of BLU, we get many spells RDM gets but stronger with poorer duration and higher MP cost/recast. It's powerful but gotta remember we have to choose the best UL spell to match the situation, so need to decide if 33% defense down is better than +X% Triple Attack.(They're fixing Tourbillion/Bilge after next update btw).

We most probably will never get Protect and Shell due to the fact that those spells last for 30minutes and BLUs would simply set those spells and cast them for the effect and then switch them out. BLU's style and theme have never been long duration buffs(animated wail is the sole exception). Most of our buffs last 60-120 seconds but in exchange for short duration their effects are unique(Memento Mori, Triumphant Roar) and potent(Saline Coat, Cocoon). Since we have Cocoon which can basically give you 150-300 defense depending on your current defense we'll probably never get a long lasting protect/shell, it would be unbalanced. BLU buffs are meant for frontline combat i.e short duration and potent unlike magey buffs like Protect/Shell which give moderate but long lasting effects.

I also wouldn't mind a higher level Battery Charge or some other means to recover MP faster although SE might have built BLU to be moderators of their own MP to balance the job's damage and make Tizona more appealing. I would give up any limb if they fixed Expacion to make it like Mystic Boon/Spirit Taker where damage is converted to MP. It would give that crappy WS some damned purpose.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ophannus; 08-30-2012 at 12:14 PM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    well carbuncle has that move that works like shell and pro (its a single buff iirc) and has kinda bad duration, we could just jack that, and it would still stack with whm/rdm/sch/plds, pro and shell. wish se would fix most of are buffs around a 5min duration, and drop diffusion's timer to 5 mins >.>/
    (0)

Character
    Mathieu
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 60
    Summoners have numerous blood pacts that are party wide versions of spells from other classes. The fact Summoners get anything has no bearing on Blue Mage, especially when it is something they consistently have among all their avatars, while Blue Mage does not.

Also, how is giving Blue Mage an extra defense boosting spell that stacks with Protect less overpowered? Getting Protect isn't difficult in a lot of areas, even without one of the four classes that can cast it nearby. That would just make Cocoon even more ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it doesn't if it gives as much as Protect or not, it would still increase your defense over what it already is and then allow you to further buff it with a percentage increase.
    (0)

Character
    Prothescar
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    -Subzero Smash is a more efficient albeit weaker paralyze than Mindblast(potent but MP intensive)
    10% paralysis rate isn't even worth the MP.

-I believe Gates of Hades is a stronger AoE than CW when geared properly for it but meh
    No

-Don't need an eva spell really as you can cap haste and still melee in like +70ish evasion(and like +65AGI)
    Observe the merits of having higher evasion in a full DD set.

I also wouldn't mind a higher level Battery Charge or some other means to recover MP faster
    Would be nice, but is unlikely. Battery Charge scaling by skill level, adding 1mp/tic at 400 and 475 skill or something of the like, would be nice.
    (3)
    Last edited by Prothscar; 08-30-2012 at 07:45 PM.

Character
    Metaking
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathieu View Post
    Summoners have numerous blood pacts that are party wide versions of spells from other classes. The fact Summoners get anything has no bearing on Blue Mage, especially when it is something they consistently have among all their avatars, while Blue Mage does not.

Also, how is giving Blue Mage an extra defense boosting spell that stacks with Protect less overpowered? Getting Protect isn't difficult in a lot of areas, even without one of the four classes that can cast it nearby. That would just make Cocoon even more ridiculous. It doesn't matter if it doesn't if it gives as much as Protect or not, it would still increase your defense over what it already is and then allow you to further buff it with a percentage increase.
    in truth would have wanted it more for the shell also pointed it out sense the effect is one generic effect that acts like both protect and shell, and blu generaly gets generic effects aka def and attack down instead of named effects like dia or bio. FYI seeing as it(big guard) is a classic blu spell the mp cost would be way out of proportion, and if its based on that move(Shining Ruby) its duration would be probably 3-5mins max, tho hopefully they would base its tier on blu skill >.>/
    (0)

Character
    Nawesemo
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    > more spells to clog spell slots is fine by me just so long as they be as worthless as most blu claim their spells be. With all my blm little taru heart I support this message. Muhahahahaha. <.< thats a troll attempt.
    (0)
    In our wake will be smoke fire and burnt charred remains of those that have fell before us, We will not remember their names, as they are no more, the next challenge, the next horizon is what we strive for and Demand it be met with Ferocity, We Grin at the Possibility of death, Fear no Mob that walks Vana'diel or it's Realms, there is no tomorrow, there is only now, For pride, for honor, for Glory We are The Knights of Pegasus.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast