Hybrid View

Character
    Hashmalum
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Converting cruor to gil

We've all been doing it by using cruor to buy chocobo blinkers then NPCing them for gil for a long time now. The dev team should by now be well aware of this. It could be eliminated, trivially and without side-effects, by adjusting the NPC sale price of chocobo blinkers. But they have refused to do so. I can only conclude that the dev team is perfectly fine with the idea of converting cruor to gil.

However, this procedure is tedious and requires lots of inventory space. So I propose that an NPC should be added to convert cruor to gil directly. There's even a ready-made lore explanation--it's already been stated in the Voidwatch storyline that Jeuno needs cruor for its anti-Voidwalker efforts and is always wanting more. Jeuno is of course a very wealthy city, made even more so by the fact that they literally mint gil. It would be trivial both code-wise and lore-wise to do it and it would make our lives a lot easier. So why not?
    (19)

Character
    Korialstrasz
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Just because they haven't nerfed it yet, doesn't mean they won't.

After all holy waters just got the nerfbat recently, after having their NPC sale price stay the same for oh, I dunno... 10 @#$%ing years.
    (12)
    ~ The OF motto ~
    If someone has more gil than me, they bought it.
    If someone outclaims me, they're botting.
    If someone is more successful than me, they cheat.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Reiterpallasch View Post
    This method of gil acquisition makes it stupid easy to trap and locate RMT.
    Lotta gil they've been freezing the past year - http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html

Don't think they'll adjust it any time soon.
    (1)

Character
    Spicyryan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    This method of gil acquisition makes it stupid easy to trap and locate RMT.
    Lotta gil they've been freezing the past year - http://www.playonline.com/ff11us/rule/specialtask.html

Don't think they'll adjust it any time soon.
    Because they can clearly tell the difference between RMT and someone making a relic? Someone giving gil to a friend?

SE has historically (anyone remember gardening bans?) just taken a guess with banning people. Then when you did nothing wrong they make you go through hell to try and play again.

People get banned just for having too much gil. It is asinine and beyond obnoxious and it does happen to the wrong people.

The RMT boogeyman should be long past dead, and players done crying with a bridge built over their stream of tears. RMT help keep the game alive just as much as you do. This is not 2005 anymore.
    They do not get in the way anymore and take the NMs you want, the XP camps, or really even do any harm anymore since they just cruor burn and fish bot. You should all thank the stars over Sarutabaruta that they have such a benign way of coexisting with players in this game. In fact with their fell cleave burns allowing people to (pretty much for free after selling cruor) go level up while going afk and being in the real world (work, kids, family, dinner, etc). Perhaps you really should thank them.
    (10)

Character
    Aerolite
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sp1cyryan View Post
    Because they can clearly tell the difference between RMT and someone making a relic? Someone giving gil to a friend?

SE has historically (anyone remember gardening bans?) just taken a guess with banning people. Then when you did nothing wrong they make you go through hell to try and play again.
    I think they've just completely stopped banning unless it's something obvious like clipper (and even then I think most people get away with it).

Just go to Nashmau and look at all the AFK fishbots (most of which aren't even RMT).
    (0)

Character
    Tamarsamar
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 95
    After all holy waters just got the nerfbat recently, after having their NPC sale price stay the same for oh, I dunno... 10 @#$%ing years.
    For what it's worth, this happened the exact same update that made it so you could make Holy Waters with Trituration. So yeah. That didn't happen without reason.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophannus View Post
    I love back in 2006 when they said Mythics would be the casual-player's alternative to Relic weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Armando
    No one at Square Enix has heard of Occam's Razor.
    FFXI Official Forums in a nutshell:

Quote Originally Posted by saevel
    The stupid is strong here.

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99

Same thing with Salvage duping. That existed for a very long time and Square Enix did nothing. People had assumed it was an okay thing to do since many had reported it to Square Enix as a glitch only to have nothing done about it. Then one day, bam, ban hammer to everyone who partook in it. -shrug-

Who knows, we could either be looking at a ban hammer for Chocobo Blinkers, or a serious nerf in the future.

I like the idea of having a cruor-to-gil converter NPC in Jeuno. Whether or not Square Enix will actually do it is an entirely different story.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Same thing with Salvage duping. That existed for a very long time and Square Enix did nothing. People had assumed it was an okay thing to do since many had reported it to Square Enix as a glitch only to have nothing done about it. Then one day, bam, ban hammer to everyone who partook in it. -shrug-
    Only the Salvage dupe was not that well known. I didn't even know about it until I got dragged into it once. I wouldn't be surprised if SE never heard of it before the ban.

Also, the Salvage dupe was exploiting a game bug. This is not. They entered the price that way. They may not have noticed all the ramifications, but it's not a bug. People are exploiting a known game mechanic instead of game vulnerability, that's all it is.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Only the Salvage dupe was not that well known. I didn't even know about it until I got dragged into it once. I wouldn't be surprised if SE never heard of it before the ban.

Also, the Salvage dupe was exploiting a game bug. This is not. They entered the price that way. They may not have noticed all the ramifications, but it's not a bug. People are exploiting a known game mechanic instead of game vulnerability, that's all it is.

Exactly. SE does occasionally add ways of easy gil.

Haks, Blinkers etc....
    (0)

Player
    It would be nice if nothing else if they changed Chocobo Blinkers to stack upto 99 rather than 12. Admittedly I like your idea but the question I would have to ask is what is 1 cruor worth in gil? Max fame 1 cruor = 2.595 gil currently, if SE made a NPC for converting but it was 1 = 1 or 1 = 2 I would probably keep up with this way already just because I get more.
    (5)

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast