Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Meyi View Post
    Same thing with Salvage duping. That existed for a very long time and Square Enix did nothing. People had assumed it was an okay thing to do since many had reported it to Square Enix as a glitch only to have nothing done about it. Then one day, bam, ban hammer to everyone who partook in it. -shrug-
    Only the Salvage dupe was not that well known. I didn't even know about it until I got dragged into it once. I wouldn't be surprised if SE never heard of it before the ban.

Also, the Salvage dupe was exploiting a game bug. This is not. They entered the price that way. They may not have noticed all the ramifications, but it's not a bug. People are exploiting a known game mechanic instead of game vulnerability, that's all it is.
    (5)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Meuporg
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    itt:
    there is a easy way to make gils but it need a lot of walking and i'm too lazy to do it.
    please make it even easier an lazier.
    (6)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcon View Post
    Only the Salvage dupe was not that well known. I didn't even know about it until I got dragged into it once. I wouldn't be surprised if SE never heard of it before the ban.

Also, the Salvage dupe was exploiting a game bug. This is not. They entered the price that way. They may not have noticed all the ramifications, but it's not a bug. People are exploiting a known game mechanic instead of game vulnerability, that's all it is.

Exactly. SE does occasionally add ways of easy gil.

Haks, Blinkers etc....
    (0)

Character
    Kristal
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Chocobo blinkers are not an exploit, but expect it to get nerfed sooner or later. Especially when people are asking for replacement copies of "How to dupe"... (if you get the hint)
    (0)
    "Puppetmaster was our last best hope for peace. It failed.
    Now it's our last best hope.. for victory!"

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Anecdotal as it may be, I do this every so often and only once have I ever seen anyone doing the same thing at the same time. I play EST prime time and afternoon/evening on the weekends so maybe I'm just missing the swarms of players and RMTs constantly cashing out their cruor for this to even be considered some sort of issue.
    (1)

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

><)))°€

I have probably bought blinkers once, for the actual quest, so this wouldn't really affect me in any way. Main reason being that I am really low on Cruor, as I don't do regular Abyssea 'partying' or 'cleaving' or whatevers...

While I do understand the frustration it may cause (it would take tons of effort for me to make inventory space for them, because I'm horrible by having all my storages stuffed), but I don't think it needs to be made any easier, really. What it could make is more sense, as in, like you say, help Jeuno with it for example but it doesn't need to be “just talk to someone and get your Gil”.

Getting the blinkers without using them for the quests and selling them elsewhere does not sense make.

In short: while I have not 'sploited' this myself, I don't care if it stays as easy as it is, but I do agree that if they indeed want something like this to be in the game, at least sense make it bubbles...

Edit:

Also, I think there was a similar thread around wherein they said they have no plans to make it easier, or to make it possible to change one 'currency' into another? Perhaps I'll look for it later.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dragoy; 08-17-2012 at 11:54 PM.
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Sabaa
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    TC you realize that they will eventually nerf chocobo blinkers price to npc right?
    (0)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Quote Originally Posted by svengalis View Post
    TC you realize that they will eventually nerf chocobo blinkers price to npc right?
    Or, they may not now the Balance master is gone.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Or, they may not now the Balance master is gone.
    Until they figure out what the rmt cleave bots are doing with all their cruor that is. At that point it doesn't matter if most of the people doing it are honest players or not.
    (0)

Character
    Zerichtwo
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    arcon, salvage bans were done because ppl were duplicating items, with a few keystrokes.

cruor converting to gil is not duplicating anything.
    (0)

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast