Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Karbuncle View Post
    Its actually been translated from other sections, as well as i believe changed a few times in wording on our lovely NA boards, And you can check... Somewhere, Not doing the legwork myself as i'm already quite certain as to how the ability will work... But it says "Transfers Your Enmity"/"Transfer all of your Enmity".

Then again, If I'm wrong and it is Trick Attack With a longer timer, I'll be the first to say, Okay i was wrong and who on the Dev team do i send my generous thank you too for this gracious ability.

But yah, Its pretty... cleary... Thats its going to Transfer most if not all of the Thief's Current enmity to the player inbetween.
    Tbh, I'm not even certain if they have decided how it's going to work yet... and hence why it never made it to the Test Server.

However it ends up working, I'm sure it will be EES2.

It will have a CHR mod.
    Will now be damage reduced to 25% of the original damage, due to merits allowing it to be a 30 min ability.
    Will probably be damage based on it being a forced crit, making it less useful to stack it with sa/ta.

What I'd like to see:

Grants 300%TP upon using the ability, to allow for stacking with WS/Self-SCing.
    Adds damage based on DEX and AGI.
    Forced Crit.
    Ability to be actually targeted on the person you want to transfer hate to, alleviating the chance to completely waste your 2-hour because the person you're targeting felt it was time to dance around the mob.

Thinking about it, I always assumed that this should be stacked with SA/TA for maximum 1-shot damage to transfer as much hate as possible, but if it transfers all of the THF's hate, that's irrelevant, unless you are closing a SC and want to get as much SC damage as possible too.
    That said, it needs to be balanced to do worthwhile damage when solo and not fail like trying to use trick attack solo (if it allows you to <st> the person you want to transfer hate to, allow it to also target yourself as the target for solo/tanking situations). Also needs to do good damage when not stacked with sa or ta, but not focus all it's damage properties on being a forced crit that when used with sa/ta it barely adds any more damage.

I think that makes sense?
    (0)

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Know what I think? I think the 2hr sounds like total bust and even the devs know it, hence nada on the test server.
    One thing I'd like to add is while most other jobs got a DD based 2hr (mighty strikes, hundred fists etc) they mostly got defensive ones this time around.
    From the get go thf got a defensive one and the devs are struggling hard to come up with a decent DD orientated 2hr that's original and meaningful.
    Look how bad we had to yell about bully in its original form, I'm predicting an other uphill battle
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    I'm also having a major issue with the whole enmity thing. The optimist in me believes that they have major plans to rework the enmity system at some point, but I would rather they give us some other form of ability now and save the enmity stuff for when it's actually useful again / if ever.
    Me too - it's getting a bit frustrating that it isn't even being discussed. I'm going to create a new thread.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by the Advent Children

Sephiroth: Tell me what you cherish most... give me the pleasure of taking it away.
    Cloud: You just don't get it at all... there's not a thing I don't cherish.

It was discussed. SE are changing the way that enmity works, particularly for PLD. I'll try and find the thread if I can remember what thread it was in.
    (0)

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    bumpity bump... come on SE not even a hint?
    It's been a few months and all the other jobs have got to play with the new JAs on the test server now, can we please hear at least whats planned?
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    SHHHHH! Asking them directly for things just makes them take even LONGER (is this possible) to do things.

You just have to go about your life and not wait for it. One of these years it will happen...or the servers will shut down....or the world might end.

Is there an award for absolute slowest company to do absolutely everything? I swear SE would have no competitors. They can't even communicate with their customers at an acceptable rate on these forums.... let alone actually produce anything worthwhile within a timeframe that doesnt kill off half their playerbase.

I BET it has someting to do with the fact that all those slackers play FFXI all day and never get any real work done!

Although we did get a "DHuurrrr Hurrrr Melee in TH gear because TH Gear is HARD WORK. SPRINKLES AND RAINBOW MAGIC PIXE DUST....YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" this week.

Let us just say....they are not thinking about THF in a way that you...or I...or anyone with an IQ north of a retared cranberry would like them to be thinking about THF.

They are not going to start either. This is imporant. We have begged, yelled, asked nicely, emailed various otherworldly entities, asked god, prayed to the other guy and EVEN asked Bill.

No Dice. SE is Thick and they like it that way. They prefer to make updates witohut ACTUALLY knowing what they are doing or why they are doing it. It makes it seem more "fun" to them.

This inevitably means: Your new 2 hour is going to suck.....badly. As are any and all further adjustments to the THF job going forward. In all reality, they will probably make the job worse somehow and less fun to play. Someting like that silly "we want to increase steal rate with TH level garbage they were spouting a while back"

Yeah. That is the kind of ridiculous, nonesensical, irrelevant crap we are in store for. Nothing useful. Nothing to deal with anything that is ACTUALLY relevant to the job. Just more useless garbage.

Nothing to see here. Give up on THF. It is not going to change....(Its probably only going to get worse form here)
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 11-13-2012 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zirael View Post
    Or an ability that gives target a 60-second Amnesia. Etc, etc...
    now here's a 2-hour that would get thf in events for something other than TH
    (0)

Character
    Lokithor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    In the deafening silence from SE, let's try to determine what they have in store for us!

SE has shown that they do not consider Thf to be a damage dealer. In fact, they have been doing things specifically to minimize the DD capability of the job (such as a TH system that requires full time equip of extremely poor melee gear). They also consider Thf to be the master of hate manipulation, despite the fact that enmity is so broken, there is nothing to actually manipulate. Let's not forget our ability to steal useless items from low level XP class mobs! SE will focus their attention on enhancing those vital abilities!

I'm guessing a new ability that sacrifices all TP to directly increase TH level by 1 step. For balance, this will inflict a heavy Max TP down and Amnesia affect (duration 5 mins).

While under this affect, Thf will enjoy a Steal +1 bonus. When SE realizes that the Amnesia will effectively remove the Steal +1 bonus, SE will consider this and 6 months later declare that the limit is by design so as to not affect balance and to limit RMT from using the ability to increase their success in farming Bronze beast coins.

SE will not actually implement any enmity manipulation for this job ability as that will be moot considering that the ultimate goal is to dissuade anyone from including a Thf in their parties.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebo View Post
    I BET it has someting to do with the fact that all those slackers play FFXI all day and never get any real work done!
    With SEs lack of understanding how most things work, I have to assume they cant possibly play this game.
    (2)

So what are SE thinking? I think they're trying to decide between these:

Perfect Hide: Hides from all manner of detection including true.

Perfecter Dodge: Dodges /ra too. (like the original one should have)

Sneakier Attack: SA but from any direction. 60s duration or 1 melee round, whichever comes first.

Trickier Attack: Transfers all accumulated enmity to person between THF and target.

Respoil: Despoil that works on NMs

Fleeeeeee: 60s Flee.

Tripplier Attack: 100% Triple Attack rate.

Super Mug: Mugs 10x regular mug amount and can be used on any NMs/Beastmen, even those that were for some reason forgotten about when abyssea was released.

Gil Forcer: 10 x Gilfinder potency. Forces gil to drop from all mobs for a 5 min duration.

Raider: Raider's Set +2 Bonus effect with 100% proc rate. Irrelevant of whether any Raider's +2 gear is worn. Still requires triple attack to proc to get any benefit.

OK, so I'm being sarcastic with most of those, but it really wouldn't surprise me. I imagine they'll give up and just give us 100% Triple Attack rate, like they gave WAR DA. Why waste time on a job that they only want people to stand there hitting the mob in 3 pieces of gear anyway?
    (1)

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast