Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Aftermath Proc Rate

I didn't see this in any of the other thread titles...

1.How do other Monks feel about Verethragna's aftermath only affecting our second punch? My chat log and animations cause me to think our aftermath can only proc on the "offhand" and I've seen talk about this elsewhere but don't remember the conclusion. What are your thoughts?

2.How do other Monks feel about the OA2-4 times H2H only allowing two kicks per round while using footwork?

I wish I could deal double damage on any melee swing especially while kicking (although it makes sense not being able to). It would be like a samurai dealing double damage with arrows from a Masamune aftermath proc to some people. I also wish when I'm goofing around with foot work I could kick more than twice with my 2-4 trial weapon equipped.
    (0)

Character
    Kut
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    lol

Hey look I need 10 characters to post
    (0)

I generally don't mind my Vereth's aftermath only proc'ing on the Offhand (this was also confirmed by testing on BG, so your observations were spot on). The weapon as a whole is still so much more powerful than any other alternative that I certainly can't complain. I see it more as a balance tweak than any sort of nerf. If the Aftermath could proc on both fists, every other one-hand Empyrean user would be up in arms.
    (0)

Player
    While I would like to be able to kick 2-4 times with footwork, what alot of people don't realize is that, with the OA2-4x weapon, the chances of kicking twice are much much higher than the OAT weapon. It evens out in a way due to a fairly consistant double attack, but if we were able to kick 2-4x, it would make foorwork seem to have less delay lol.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    If the Aftermath could proc on both fists, every other one-hand Empyrean user would be up in arms.
    Why should they be... cuz Martial Arts reduces our delay? Look at the delay on dagger, yet they can proc every time. We should be able to proc on both fists.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Why should they be... cuz Martial Arts reduces our delay? Look at the delay on dagger, yet they can proc every time. We should be able to proc on both fists.
    Because you can't offhand another emp. So you'd only get the procs on a max of half of your swings, because single wielding is retarded.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    Because you can't offhand another emp. So you'd only get the procs on a max of half of your swings, because single wielding is retarded.
    single wielding isn't always retarded, it depends on what you're trying to do. For instance, a rdm going /war or /drk for amber light (in an area where it isn't feasible to use aeolian edge) or !! procs.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    single wielding isn't always retarded, it depends on what you're trying to do. For instance, a rdm going /war or /drk for amber light (in an area where it isn't feasible to use aeolian edge) or !! procs.
    Doing anything that is actually worth your time and single wielding is retarded. Nobody is going to fight anything single wielding, it'd be a waste of time when you could be doing damage.
    (0)
    The King of Fools.
    MNK/DNC/SCH/THF

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesterking View Post
    Doing anything that is actually worth your time and single wielding is retarded. Nobody is going to fight anything single wielding, it'd be a waste of time when you could be doing damage.
    i'll give you another example (though it's not empyrean, the argument has changed to single wielding), rdm solo doing aeolian edge farming, you'd use genbu's shield so you can maximize pdt.
    (0)

Character
    Ardiem
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90
    Prot, these are exceptions, not the rule.

If you're going for damage on mobs that matter (NMs and such) and aren't using a magical weaponskill to brew, and you CAN dual wield, you will be doing so. Its foolish not to.
    (0)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast